The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Cory Schneider

HerrDrFunk

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Not sure why some of you guys feel bad for him..

He's making 6 mill USD per year for 3 more seasons playing a game for a living. 

Side note, I was amongst the very few who said he might get traded instead of Luongo. Good trade MG.

MG made good trades but his drafting was horrible.

It was a home run.  

Not going to dispute his horrible drafting (that speaks for itself) but ironically he did draft Horvat with that pick acquired.   Wasn't Nichushkin (the guy picked right after Horvat) pretty highly regarded at the time?  Guy looks like a bust right now.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Not sure why some of you guys feel bad for him..

He's making 6 mill USD per year for 3 more seasons playing a game for a living. 

Side note, I was amongst the very few who said he might get traded instead of Luongo. Good trade MG.

MG made good trades but his drafting was horrible.

I don't recall Luongo ever being placed on waivers...so yeah, good trade.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Monty said:

Because people with a heart don't like to see others fall short and fail. Regardless of how much or little money they make. 

Fall short and fail from what..

He's been playing in the best league in the world for 10 years made 40 or 50 mill. 

That's a lot longer than and  many million dollars more than average NHLers. 

Do you feel sorry for every pro athlete? All of their careers end...  Most don't win championships.. you feel sorry for them all ? Because they fell short ?

Have you made billions of dollars and succeeded  at everything in the world ? Lol...

13 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Fall short and fail from what..

He's been playing in the best league in the world for 10 years made 40 or 50 mill. 

That's a lot longer than and  many million dollars more than average NHLers. 

Do you feel sorry for every pro athlete? All of their careers end...  Most don't win championships.. you feel sorry for them all ? Because they fell short ?

Have you made billions of dollars and succeeded  at everything in the world ? Lol...

You seem like a very caring individual.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Monty said:

You seem like a very caring individual.

Lol. C'mon.  

I think people pretend to feel sorry for very successful and happy people to make them selves feel better. 

If you are so caring go donate to single moms. Or homeless people. Go volunteer at a shelter. 

Feel sorry and bad for people who need it. And do something about it..

Writing a few words on a forum saying you're feeling bad for a highly successful person who's a complete winner in life is anything but caring. 

CS has traveled the world he's pro athlete level healthy. Multi millionaire .. plays a game for a living. Has had a long career. Longer than average in his field by many yrs...

If you feel bad for his life I wonder how you feel for OJ who just suffered another injury.  Did you have to call in sick to work for a week for that.. 

It's silly when people express crocodile tears. Feeling sorry for people they idolize and pay money to go see perform their job. 

I find it amusing. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Lol. C'mon.  

I think people pretend to feel sorry for very successful and happy people to make them selves feel better. 

You were the one who said, “Feel sorry”, not me. I said I “feel bad”. People getting hurt and then not able to compete at the levels they’d like kinda sucks. For them and their families.

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

If you are so caring go donate to single moms. Or homeless people. Go volunteer at a shelter.

Well, I work for a non-profit organization (Area Director for Central Canada) that focuses on providing literacy for adults and children in India. So I’m doing my part.

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I find it amusing. 

You have a sick sense of humour.

ACCB5225-2494-4DE6-9B81-3DF87BE05C70.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, wildwood12 said:

The Pierre Maguire rant when Schneider was traded for a draft pick still gives me a laugh.

Gillis clearly knew that Schneider didn't have what it took to play under the pressure of a number one on a team that expected to win.  

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Well, I work for a non-profit organization (Area Director for Central Canada) that focuses on providing literacy for adults and children in India. So I’m doing my part.

You have a sick sense of humour.

ACCB5225-2494-4DE6-9B81-3DF87BE05C70.gif

You "work" . So you get paid for it.

I posted on here in some thread about donating....  I don't have to be sad for CS in this case to be a caring person.

Any how. Cheers

I just highly doubt he wants anyone feeling sorry for him. He's a winner still making 17 more million still will be playing hockey . He's 33. Most ppl in his field are long gone by that age..

I think he'd want us to feel good about him and wish him luck in continuing his journey called life...maybe make it back to NHL even.. but best of luck CS

Edited by WHL rocks

oh and we went on to bash gillis non stop about trading Schneider instead of Luongo who played as much as Schneider did in the same period since traded.. he had like 2-3 great seasons with the Devils and then injury and never recovered.. imagine trading Luongo at that time for a bag of pucks which was what majority of CDC wanted.. then we wouldn't even have Horvat and probably markstrom.. but i guess we'd prolly had a bigger chance at the lottery?

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

As I have had to delete multiple comments, I just thought I would remind everyone that speculation about the personal lives of players is against the Forum Guidelines. 

What if one of us has a wife who thinks (thought) Taylor Pyatt has beautiful eyes.  What if it's (kind of) true?

taylor-pyatt-2014-48.jpg

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 2