The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van/NJ

WCE

2 hours ago, WCE said:

To NJ Eriksson,Schaller & Baertschi

To Van Greene,Rooney & Woods 

This would clear 2.8 mil in cap 

Why not throw in Luongo's contract while you have the Devils charmed into paying out our bad contracts and giving us their cap space.  Be sure to smile when you close this deal.

3 hours ago, WCE said:

To NJ Eriksson,Schaller & Baertschi

To Van Greene,Rooney & Woods 

This would clear 2.8 mil in cap 

If you were New Jersey's  Gm would you do this trade?  A 6 Million dollar player player that has 30  goals in three years and barely playing now. And a player that has health issue along with a 4 line player. How long will you have your job as a Gm?

4 hours ago, canacks1970 said:

If you were New Jersey's  Gm would you do this trade?  A 6 Million dollar player player that has 30  goals in three years and barely playing now. And a player that has health issue along with a 4 line player. How long will you have your job as a Gm?

Jersey GM says, "that is a great deal, lets throw in Schneider and Demko"

19 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

you guys waste timevwith proposals like this...get real canuck fans..you people are not leaf fans...know your hockey know what it takes to make a good teammm.one thing for sure besides skill and size..its the player his character and his way of playing the game is what is important..

What?

If the Canucks were interested in a Devils winger that’s not named Hall, it would be Simmonds and you could probably do deal with Stetcher and a forward prospect and Goldobin to even out the cap number. Or if the Canucks wanted to swing for the fences and have some big brass balls and go after Hall it would be like Stetcher, Madden and DiPietro, Ericksson with Canucks absorbing some of Ericksson’s contract to make the cap numbers work. I know the Hall trade sounds crazy but the Canucks have a history of swindling the Devils in trades, but could you imagine the line of Hall, Pettersson, Boeser

2 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

If the Canucks were interested in a Devils winger that’s not named Hall, it would be Simmonds and you could probably do deal with Stetcher and a forward prospect and Goldobin to even out the cap number. Or if the Canucks wanted to swing for the fences and have some big brass balls and go after Hall it would be like Stetcher, Madden and DiPietro, Ericksson with Canucks absorbing some of Ericksson’s contract to make the cap numbers work. I know the Hall trade sounds crazy but the Canucks have a history of swindling the Devils in trades, but could you imagine the line of Hall, Pettersson, Boeser

The Devils aren’t going to have to take a 3 year cap dump to trade Hall.  And he’ll get a better return than what you’re suggesting 

5 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

The Devils aren’t going to have to take a 3 year cap dump to trade Hall.  And he’ll get a better return than what you’re suggesting 

Ericksson has 2 years left but if not him it would be Pearson or Lievo then and I don’t think they would want either. But the Hall trade wouldn’t happen because I don’t think the Canucks would trade 2 of their top 5 prospects for a rental plus most likely a draft pick. I was just saying if the Canucks were swinging for the fences.

9 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Ericksson has 2 years left but if not him it would be Pearson or Lievo then and I don’t think they would want either. But the Hall trade wouldn’t happen because I don’t think the Canucks would trade 2 of their top 5 prospects for a rental plus most likely a draft pick. I was just saying if the Canucks were swinging for the fences.

I was counting this season as well.  Since I’m assuming your suggesting an in season trade. So  I count Ericksson as a 3 year cap dump