The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Nov. 19, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Tystick said:

They've been paired together all year.

I guess my point wasn't clear.

They're effective at shutting down the opposing teams top lines.

I don't see them as offensive defensive, but there's room to grow IMO.

I appreciate you trying to explain yourself but don’t tell me myers is a defensive defensemen. That’s never been his game. He’s actually worse at that. Again I’ve watched the guy over 300 times and the only saving grace was that he produced usually 25-35 pts and he’s on pace for half of that with no goals, again Hutton has even better numbers and he’s on la and half as expensive. You can’t tell me myers has been good this year. He’s actually a liability more then anything with all his giveaways. He does this at awful times and rather then use his body takes lazy penalties. He had a couple decent games vs Detroit and la but like that’s hard. Myers also produced points on high scoring teams. I told people when he came here his numbers would go down because he’d be playing bigger minutes and would be gassed but some thought this would actually make him take a jump in his production.

If you’re a team and your looking for shutdown defensemen and you rely on Tyler Myers. You’re going to be a bottom feeder. Stecher and Tanev shut down better.

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

I’m almost positive these issues will be corrected once Ferland, Sutter, Roussel, Motte etc., come back in and Eriksson and Baertschi come out. 

I'm almost positives when these guys return, we will have other injuries so guys like Baertschi, Pearson will still be in the lineup.  

1 minute ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

I appreciate you trying to explain yourself but don’t tell me myers is a defensive defensemen. That’s never been his game. He’s actually worse at that. Again I’ve watched the guy over 300 times and the only saving grace was that he produced usually 25-35 pts and he’s on pace for half of that with no goals, again Hutton has even better numbersnand he’s on la and half as expensive. You can’t tell me myers has been good this year. He’s actually a liability more then anything with all his giveaways. 

If your a team and your looking for shutdown defensemen and you rely on Tyler Myers. You’re going to be a bottom feeder.

Idk man, I don't see him as a terrible player but I respect your opinion.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Had a lot of scotch so having trouble focused right now.  I love our team but think we are too easy to play against.  We are soft.  We need to show the other teams that we will fight for every inch of ice and that they will have to suffer to play against us.  Are we ( my apologies) pussies?

I don't think so, just working our way through fatigue. We got screwed on the schedule, and that tends to act as a magnifier.

.....PS; What kind of Scotch?

Edited by TheInsideScoop
Scotch
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheInsideScoop said:

I don't think so, just working our way through fatigue. We got screwed on the schedule, and that tends to act as a magnifier.

.....PS; What kind of Scotch?

Alf only likes single malt.  Doesn’t care what kind.  The cheapest single malt is always the best.  I got a free pair of docked with the last bottle!  

27 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I'm not calling out our goalies on a night tonight. We hung Marky out to dry a bit tonight." - Green

A bit? 

wow Green you are a genius 

and what is your plan Green? Oh wait ....suit up your usual suspects and hope for different results 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Myers is pretty bad 

2 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Idk man, I don't see him as a terrible player but I respect your opinion.

Myers is bad in the sense that he does not know how to use his huge body as an asset. 

That's why I always say Myers - Big for nuthin.

All the weight the guy should be putting in his shots. Make people fear his shot...

We get none of this.