Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Nov. 19, 2019

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, 6string said:

I KNEW IT! That is why I asked who were out on the 5/3! ( tuned in late ).

I had a gut feeling it wasn't our best, who was out JT Miller because he looked invisible for the first time this year.

Im not surpised, Leivo is the teacher's pet. Last game against Colorado, the 6th forward with the net empty was Josh Leivo. Green has an affinity for him, Leivo hasn't done much this season

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Lots of teams are struggling around the league. That’s why we’re somehow still third in the division.

Maybe people on here should watch other teams and realize every team goes through slumps. Our fans always seem to act like the sky is falling during every slump. It gets pretty tiring.

Last year's slump at this exact point in time cost us the season. We've lost 7 out of our last 8 games. I'd say it's time to get worried.

5 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Needed their butts kicked to wake'em up.

One question: I thought when we call up youth, we'd get to see'em? I've seen enough of the dopey sloth, thanks

Totally agree. The team has hit the dreaded bump... now try to get some new energy from the younger players. Helped with Gaudette. 

and change the flipping line combinations for god sake. Its not working at all...

• Hydration 1

Their problem will be solved if Green just pull his head out of his ass and put Boeser with Horvat, Miller with Petterson. And make the lines like this:

Miller Petterson Pearson

Boeser Horvat Virtanen

Baertchi Gaudette Leivo

4th line

10 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

Their problem will be solved if Green just pull his head out of his ass and put Boeser with Horvat, Miller with Petterson. And make the lines like this:

Miller Petterson Pearson

Boeser Horvat Virtanen

Baertchi Gaudette Leivo

4th line

Sounds kinda bad :(

3 hours ago, Dogcrazy said:

I agreed Coach Green should be held accountable for performance like this, but when you have players like Eriksson, Baertschi and Pearson, there is nothing much a coach can do.  

how can you say that? 

What did Graovac do in his 8 minutes over 2 games to deserves sitting behind Loui?

And what have MacEwen and Fanta done in their combined 0 minutes to sit behind Loui and Bear?

• Upvote 1

They were garbage... end off. 
only players with a pulse were Jake and Quinn.... maybe even Beagle and Bo...

For the life of me I don’t get the reluctance to re-unite the 3xB line.... If it doesn’t work it dissolves itself once Motte and Roussel are back. 

Put Jake and Miller with EP, and let EP be more selfish...

or put Gaudette up with EP and let Miller centre the third. Just separate Boeser and EP. 

Stop messing about with Horvat. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Hate to say it but the culture of loosing had set in with this team. 

Is it too early to wear a paper bag to games?

Sounds like a culture of losing has set in amongst CDC. It’s truly embarrassing. Team is bad right now but it’s the same team that was dominating a month ago. They will get over it. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Horvat going 8/19 in the face off circle is not good. You start over 2/3 of the time without the puck.

Well, the 1/3 face offs we win only risks over-exciting fans momentarily before we skate over center ice, dump possession back to the opposition, head off for a line change.

Better perhaps to hand over puck possession early, tone expectation down a tad, avoid any invention attempts. 

The stealthy power-play drop-pass somewhere back to our own blue-line once we arrive at theirs, being the cream atop our sad coaching philosophy.

That sweet Dallas goal (albeit disallowed by an offside) was hockey construction of perfectly-timed team discipline, one we souring Canucks fans'll never get to cheer.

Wot a pickle we're in.

• Upvote 1

The Canucks best players need to start playing. If they can't get the Canucks wins no one will.  Whining about guys like Leivo makes no sense. Put the responsibility where it should be - on Petey, Boeser, Horvat, and Miller.

That game was total garbage.  Getting rid of Green makes the most sense if this continues for much longer at all.

And if that happens don't go pick another rookie coach like the last two. Get an established guy that has shown  he can win please.

On to the next one I guess.  :sadno:

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

Green + Tanev

For

Babcock + Barrie

You don't trade Tanev. He's too valuable.... he'll get resigned here.    Hughes is doing so well because Tanev is three to man the fort...

• Like 2

Man our back-to-back presidents trophys feel like ancient history.

I have felt so devastated during this slump. Maybe because first time in years I had slight expectations for this season. 

Well its long season ahead, hopefully boys recover.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

You don't trade Tanev. He's too valuable.... he'll get resigned here.    Hughes is doing so well because Tanev is three to man the fort...

Injuries have taken thier toll on Tanev. He's not the same guy he was 3 seasons ago. Do you really want to extend a defensemen that 69 games is the best he's had in 4 years?

I like Tanev. But I'd like to see a d-man who can remain healthy the majority of the season. Or as Bieska put it. "Why can't you block shots with your shin pads like everyone else?"

• Hydration 2