The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Nov. 19, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, buddyguy said:

Last year's slump at this exact point in time cost us the season. We've lost 7 out of our last 8 games. I'd say it's time to get worried.

St Louis struggled into December and were last in the league all while giving up their unprotected 1st that year. I think many here would've jumped off the ledge if that happened here. Instead they pulled it together and won the Stanley Cup.

Stop worrying, support the team, and trust the process.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

That was a hard game to watch

Not much under the entertaining column

The whole team looked totally flat footed and uninterested with the exception of maybe Bo, Gauds and Jake and maybe Quinn

I'm not a fan of Greens blender

Best  batch the holes and turn this ship around or prepare for another  disappointing season.

I'd like to be in the locker room and hear what the players are really saying

23 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Injuries have taken thier toll on Tanev. He's not the same guy he was 3 seasons ago. Do you really want to extend a defensemen that 69 games is the best he's had in 4 years?

I like Tanev. But I'd like to see a d-man who can remain healthy the majority of the season. Or as Bieska put it. "Why can't you block shots with your shin pads like everyone else?"

No doubt.. 

JB will extend Tanev...

He's way too smart not to.

Tanev is going to get big money contract as UFA. It would be best served get him locked up..

58 minutes ago, DallasDrake said:

Man our back-to-back presidents trophys feel like ancient history.

I have felt so devastated during this slump. Maybe because first time in years I had slight expectations for this season. 

Well its long season ahead, hopefully boys recover.

What expectations? Mine were that we squeak into the playoffs prior to the season start. We are still well within that, so I'm still fine, but getting out of this slump would be nice.

Everyone talks about injuries like that is the key factor, while at the same time there are those that wants guys like sutter traded. This was pure and simple solid defense and Key marking from the stars. They knew who to lock down and made it severly difficult for nucks to get a good entry across the Offensive blue line. Theres no reason to panic, instead simply watch, learn find solutions and move forward to the next game. Its gonna be a long road trip, so just let the team come together and they will find ways to win.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hearing what Jay Beagle said post game about this valley helping to define the team and the season is interesting. He knows what it takes to win it all. If the Canucks are to turn this around, they have to take his words to heart and put in the work, which they didn't do last night at all.

The following are excerpts from Iain McIntyre's Sportsnet article titled "Canucks facing ‘true test’ as November slide continues with blowout loss"

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-play-behind-begin-road-trip-blowout-loss/

How do you explain a start like that?

“I don’t. You can’t,” Beagle said. “I don’t think anyone can. We were just talking about it in the room as a group. We don’t know. We have to figure that out, though.”

“That was tough to be a part of,” Beagle said. “The main thing was we got outworked. I mean, really. From their top line to their fourth line, they outworked us.

There’s a lot of other little things, too, that we have to clean up. And it’s not just something the last couple of games that has happened; it’s been, I think, a little too long where. . . our game hasn’t been as tight and detailed as we need it to be. In October, it was pretty easy. Things were coming easy. We were getting a lot of goals. Some of the older guys have been around long enough to know it was going to shift.”

“It’s when you go through the valley where the true test is,” Beagle said. “It’s going to define us for the season. It’s going to define the type of team we are. It might take one, two, three, four games, but you have to figure it out. And you have to grow from it and become stronger to figure out what works as a team to be successful. You’re not going to figure that out when you’re on top.”

That last paragraph is essential. Hopefully the team takes it to heart and works it's way back. The players who can't should be given a new postal code for the rest of the season.

Wonder if he was referring to LE ;).

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

What's wrong with Pettersson? He was useless. When I was watching the 3rd, I imagined "what would McDavid do?" Well, he would take the puck up ice himself with his speed and skill, and use his team mates to will a goal, and he would score because he's not afraid to go to the net. But then watching our biggest star player, who also has speed and skill, make mistake after mistake, he looked like a kid. Not saying the beating was his fault, there were a lot of players who never played well. And Markstrom, he should be backup for a while. Bad goals against a team like DAL, very tough to come back. Noticed Boeser was frustrated after a shift and kind of barked at Miller as they were coming off the ice. Hope things are okay in the room, Bo needs to take charge and rally this team. I think I'm going to start paying a lot more attention to the Top 15 prospects in the 2020 Draft. We'll probably get one of them.

It's also easy to focus on Loui or Schaller or whatever 4th liner we pick on, and blame them, but we shoud be looking at the stars on this team. It's up to them to lead by example, to score and win games. Bo tried hard and played well (except for when he got caught up ice and DAL scored). But Boeser and Pettersson were making terrible passes all game, couldn't get anything going. Tanev was bad as well, I mean he's 15 feet with a clear shot on net and he misses the net. Most of ths Canucks shots came from 30 gfeet out, they weren't going to score on Bishop without havoc in front. There was no havoc. Maybe Podkolzin will be that player who makes them a contender. He seems to have a very high level of compete, size, strength and speed. He'll go to the net.

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

And these people will all climb back on the bandwagon after they win a few and pretend like they’ve supported them the whole time.

Not trying to bait anyone just calling out what I’ve seen on here time and time again

Being upset about not winning is normal. It doesn't mean they are bailing on the team. You people throw the word band wagon around a lil to ez. 

I am surprised that you...Deniro are so passive about these losses. We fought to try and stay in the race last year...with must win games in the last leg of the season. We didn't make it. Now we lost 8 games so far this month EIGHT games... thats 16 points give or take due to ot losses. 

I have seen this team...the Canucks dominate.. and this current team does not have the stuff. While our team looks good on paper. It does not bode well on the ice. 

I know you are not trying to bait anyone. But like i stated earlier...i appreciate your blind devotion. You are one of those..."as long as you had fun..that's all that matters" type of guys. B)

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

It's also easy to focus on Loui or Schaller or whatever 4th liner we pick on, and blame them, but we shoud be looking at the stars on this team. It's up to them to lead by example, to score and win games. Bo tried hard and played well (except for when he got caught up ice and DAL scored). But Boeser and Pettersson were making terrible passes all game, couldn't get anything going. Tanev was bad as well, I mean he's 15 feet with a clear shot on net and he misses the net. Most of ths Canucks shots came from 30 gfeet out, they weren't going to score on Bishop without havoc in front. There was no havoc. Maybe Podkolzin will be that player who makes them a contender. He seems to have a very high level of compete, size, strength and speed. He'll go to the net.

well if it wasn't for Boeser's terrible pass to Bo, he would never have scored, the whole team did not come out to play, including Bo. when they played in October Miler was planted in front of the net and that was where he scored most of his goals, now nobody does it.  and for them dumping the puck in instead of taking it in, is just plain dumb, 9 times out of ten the other team gets it and brings it up the ice. I don't understand why Green doesn't see this. 

50 minutes ago, aliboy said:

We are missing Sutter, Motte, Ferland and Roussel, and everyone of these guys makes us tougher to play against, meaning we are missing that jam, it makes a difference.

really can't blame our losses on the guys that are missing, sure they will probably help, but the team needs to pull up their big boy pants and work together , other teams are doing it with injuries

30 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

What's wrong with Pettersson? He was useless. When I was watching the 3rd, I imagined "what would McDavid do?" Well, he would take the puck up ice himself with his speed and skill, and use his team mates to will a goal, and he would score because he's not afraid to go to the net. But then watching our biggest star player, who also has speed and skill, make mistake after mistake, he looked like a kid. Not saying the beating was his fault, there were a lot of players who never played well. And Markstrom, he should be backup for a while. Bad goals against a team like DAL, very tough to come back. Noticed Boeser was frustrated after a shift and kind of barked at Miller as they were coming off the ice. Hope things are okay in the room, Bo needs to take charge and rally this team. I think I'm going to start paying a lot more attention to the Top 15 prospects in the 2020 Draft. We'll probably get one of them.

I picked up on Boeser and Miller tension,  they are not talking to one another on the bench.........sulking frustrated looks on their faces..........says allot 

Veterans and rookies need to work hard, play for one another and  support one another 

The reality is that we are not playing good hockey right now and the team we love may not be as good as we thought after an easy October