The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Nov. 19, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

27 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

nicole byer netflix GIF by NailedItis it time to press the button?  I don't think so.  Not Yet. We still have our 1st round pick this year.

Absolutely not.  All teams get the doors blown off them once a year it seems but this next game will be quite the indication of where this team is at.  If they get blown out again, yikes.  Nashville is struggling so I expect a close game at the very least.  I hope for Green's sake the Canucks come out rolling.

It's not time to panic yet as we're still in a playoff position.  

Logically I think our "real team" is somewhere between the league leading team in October and the tire fire team we're seeing in November, which is a team fighting for a playoff spot.  Our teams rebuilding trajectory is right on track but our hot start got everyone, including the media trying to get in on our early success and say "I told you so".

There is still something special happening with this team but you can't rise to the top without adversity.  Every championship team goes through it.  Blues were the worst team in the league in December.  Capitals could never get over the hump (Penguins),  Penguins fired their coach on route to their first cup with Crosby and then again before the first of back to back cup wins.

As Beagle said post game "you have to grow from it and become stronger to figure out what works as a team to be successful. You’re not going to figure that out when you’re on top".

Yes, there is that, the 1st rounder in 2020. I was kind of hoping the Canucks would make the playoffs this season to get that lost 1st over with, but maybe that will happen in 2021. There are some real good players in the Top 10 (Draft), and thinking the Canucks should go for either Askarov (G) or a D. Juolevi doesn't seem to be pregressing to becoming an NHL player, issues with his injuries. Woo and Rathbone should be good though, and who knows, maybe Tryamkin comes back.  

I'm also hoping for a coaching change for next season. What would Babcock do with this team? I know the Leafs haven't been very good under his tenure, but that could be Dubas' trades and contracts as well. Besides, Tavares is probably running the show there anyway. They've also got a few head-cases in Marner, Matthews and Nylander. What could Babcock do with Boeser, Horvat, Pettersson and Hughes? Young star players (with character) deseperate to learn and win. He's won with skilled Swedes (Pettersson, Hoglander) and Russians (Podkolzin, Tryamkin) before.   

31 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yes, there is that, the 1st rounder in 2020. I was kind of hoping the Canucks would make the playoffs this season to get that lost 1st over with, but maybe that will happen in 2021. There are some real good players in the Top 10 (Draft), and thinking the Canucks should go for either Askarov (G) or a D. Juolevi doesn't seem to be pregressing to becoming an NHL player, issues with his injuries. Woo and Rathbone should be good though, and who knows, maybe Tryamkin comes back.  

I'm also hoping for a coaching change for next season. What would Babcock do with this team? I know the Leafs haven't been very good under his tenure, but that could be Dubas' trades and contracts as well. Besides, Tavares is probably running the show there anyway. They've also got a few head-cases in Marner, Matthews and Nylander. What could Babcock do with Boeser, Horvat, Pettersson and Hughes? Young star players (with character) deseperate to learn and win. He's won with skilled Swedes (Pettersson, Hoglander) and Russians (Podkolzin, Tryamkin) before.   

you giving up on the team in November? as for getting Babcock as a coach, he is actually past his prime,  he is also not a well liked coach when in Detroit and now with the leafs, 

1 hour ago, Virtanen#18 said:

If so, can we speed up the process of bringing him back this season?? Hopefully in time to trade Tanev by the TDL?

With the way were playing this month I dont think we need to speed up the process 

Tank for Luke!!

3 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Could. Can’t be any worse than the way things are now. Lol. 

Oh But it could. Since Sutters injury Bo has played 27 min (the game Sutter was injured) 20-25-26 minutes becausw Coach does not understand how to spread minutes. If Loui and his 8 mins come out and Mac replaces him with 2 minutes another winger has to fill those minutes.

Did you watch the World series?

Starters working relief and starters starting on 3 days rest, it what happens in the playoffs.

You don't see that in May in baseball and you shouldn't see it in Hockey in November

Bo is playing World Series minutes in November 

It could be worse, Coach may just decide to play 3 lines

• Upvote 1

The fact of the matter is that this team is still so young and still trying to build its identity. We had a fast start true, but in cold streaks who do we believe we are. Lets be real here,
This is Boesers 3rd year, Pettersons 2nd, Hughes' 1st and Horvat has only been named captain this year alone. He's only been captain for like 1/4 a season and he's still probably getting into the nuances of this position. Oh and did I mention Markstrom just lost a family member? Our core is still going through its growing pains.

Can we really expect a team this young to know exactly how to react to a cold streak like this right off the bat? This is still a learning process from a team that is trying to understand itself and what makes it tick. It would be difficult to have top of the line success under these circumstances.

5 hours ago, lmm said:

what line combinations?

what are line combinations?

I would like to see something like

Miller - EP - Jake

Baertschi - Bo - Boeser

Pearson - Gaudette - Leivo

Schaller - Beagle - MacEwan

If Baertschi doesn't work out with Bo and Boeser, Try Gaudette there once Sutter is back, provided he keeps the spark he's brought so far...

When Dorsett is back slot him in for Pearson or MacEwan if either doesn't do it, or even instead of Baertschi if Gaudette still is 3C or has lost the spark.

And if Jake can't work with EP, drop him to 3rd line RW and try Gaudette there instead, once Sutter is back.

Would like to see Leivo sit, but don't see who will cover that RW position yet....

We need a RW (Lind), but obviously that is not happening yet....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Miller - EP - Jake

Baertschi - Bo - Boeser

If Baertschi doesn't work out with Bo and Boeser, Try Gaudette there once Sutter is back, provided he keeps the spark he's brought so far...

When Dorsett is back slot him in for Pearson or MacEwan if either doesn't do it, or even instead of Baertschi if Gaudette still is 3C or has lost the spark.

And if Jake can't work with EP, drop him to 3rd line RW and try Gaudette there instead, once Sutter is back.

Would like to see Leivo sit, but don't see who will cover that RW position yet....

that 'll get you to about the 10 minute mark of the first, then Coach pushes the pureee button and everything is scrambled.

I can't wait for Dorsett to make his comeback... WOOT

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, lmm said:

that 'll get you to about the 10 minute mark of the first, then Coach pushes the pureee button and everything is scrambled.

I can't wait for Dorsett to make his comeback... WOOT

Actually forgot about Motte... Dump Leivo once Motte ready to go.

Yes Green may do that, but it is frustrating to watch EP and Boes not getting going, while we have had good results before with the Triple B line... Just try it for got sake..

And yes Dorset will give them some much needed jump....as will Motte

Edited by spook007

27 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Miller - EP - Jake

Baertschi - Bo - Boeser

rofl guess u a jake fanboy , jake is a ok player, but not one to play with EP rofl ...so gl with that.....id rather see gaudette , than jake

• Wat 1

8 hours ago, x00x said:

rofl guess u a jake fanboy , jake is a ok player, but not one to play with EP rofl ...so gl with that.....id rather see gaudette , than jake

Fan boy? I'm not sure, maybe, but except Jake, we are hardly blessed with RW'ers...

Gaudette is covering 3C position as we don't have any other C's to do so... or Maybe Motte or Dorsett once they are back...

I'd like to try Gaudette with EP as well at some stage, but I would like to try and reunite the tripple B line again.

Its not as if the Miller - EP- Boeser line has been too hot, and more importantly maybe just maybe it could get Bo going again.

Edited by spook007

19 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Fan boy? I'm not sure, maybe, but except Jake, we are hardly blessed with RW'ers...

Gaudette is covering 3C position as we don't have any other C's to do so... or Maybe Motte or Dorsett once they are back...

I'd like to try Gaudette with EP as well at some stage, but I would like to try and reunite the tripple B line again.

Its not as if the Miller - EP- Boeser line has been too hot, and more importantly maybe just maybe it could get Bo going again.

Tell me one thing, what would you do... don't see any better suggestions from you?

Jake brings EPs PPG down if you look at previous experiment, guess it's worth a try again but last year he made him worse.

• Upvote 1

This all started when Sutter and Beagle went down.  This goes to show that you need experience down the middle in order to win in the NHL.  

Petterson is an amazing player, but he looks tired and not physically ready to carry the team.  He needs Horvat to play his game, but its impossible for Horvat to play his game when hes covering for Beagle and Sutter being out.  

I know Hughes is playing well on the PP and is good at making outlet passes, but he is atrocious and a huge liability in his own end.  Its blatantly obvious he doesnt have the frame or the physical build to play against the Benns or Seguins of this league who completely dominated him last night.

The team, in general, looks tired and desperately needs Roussel and Ferland in the lineup to add some bite and muscle to the lineup.      

Edited by EddieVedder