The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia - Cocaine & Combovers (MAFIA WIN, DM A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT)

Rate this topic

falcon45ca

7 hours ago, 112 said:

You played your best game yet and I empathize with your frustration.

Lucky MVP honours, 112 and MR tie for second.

You obviously MVP'd

For the sake of posterity, the sheriff should probably not out themselves in round 1 when the game has permitted PMing. 

Also, imo 3 wolves is still too many, even with PMing. The town had two wolf lynches but lost after only two mislynches. I think the rule of thumb is that the wolves should need to force more mislynches than wolf lynches to win. And vice versa (in small games).

• Cheers 1
20 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

33% mafia is maybe a lot but the final round wasn't really played that well by the town members.

I'm speaking generally regarding the setup. Not implying the wolves didn't deserve to win or anything.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Ceres said:

You obviously MVP'd

For the sake of posterity, the sheriff should probably not out themselves in round 1 when the game has permitted PMing. 

Also, imo 3 wolves is still too many, even with PMing. The town had two wolf lynches but lost after only two mislynches. I think the rule of thumb is that the wolves should need to force more mislynches than wolf lynches to win. And vice versa (in small games).

I claimed after NF1, but Who the &^@# was I gonna pm in R1?

BJ or 112?

They were the only active players other than MR, a shady meme machine.

My first instinct for investigation was 112 and I launched one but then Z and hogs jumped in with votes on 112, and with hogs reading like such obvious scum, I edited my PM to falc and investigated hogs instead.

I would have ended up PMing BJ or 112 in R1 anyways... but I didn't have good enough vibes from either at that point so I just kept screaming hoggers until after the tied scum NF. Stupid inactive town.

Guys pissed me off.

32 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

33% mafia is maybe a lot but the final round wasn't really played that well by the town members.

Final round?! I thought round 1 was definitely the worst. Had two scum on the block. You didn't even vote.

Your whole game was $&!#, AV. Worst game I've ever seen you play. 

The town was inactive and passive as &^@#. Maf ran away with this game, not only because the town didn't bother to play, but because they're great players.

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I claimed after NF1, but Who the &^@# was I gonna pm in R1?

BJ or 112?

They were the only active players other than MR, a shady meme machine.

My first instinct for investigation was 112 and I launched one but then Z and hogs jumped in with votes on 112, and with hogs reading like such obvious scum, I edited my PM to falc and investigated hogs instead.

I would have ended up PMing BJ or 112 in R1 anyways... but I didn't have good enough vibes from either at that point so I just kept screaming hoggers until after the tied scum NF. Stupid inactive town.

Guys pissed me off.

I'm saying the classic strategy is to lay low until you investigate a villager. Then you PM them and get them to act as a spokesperson. But with you only being able to investigate on odd rounds, I'm not sure this would even be effective anyway. 

Just now, Ceres said:

I'm saying the classic strategy is to lay low until you investigate a villager. Then you PM them and get them to act as a spokesperson. But with you only being able to investigate on odd rounds, I'm not sure this would even be effective anyway. 

The odd round kinda sucked, especially considering how jacked up the maf team was, that and I didn't know I had a 1 shot BP vest.. anyways 

Initially I planned on laying low but then had full blown tantrum after NF1 because of town apathy and hoped to get killed NF2

8 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Initially I planned on laying low but then had full blown tantrum after NF1 because of town apathy and hoped to get killed NF2

Never seen such an apt description of my town meta. 

• Haha 2

The town should have been around, sure, but like I said when it happened, nobody had any idea when nightfall was taking place in the opening round.  It was not in the OP and not in the thread title.  I came back from watching the Canucks game and then I saw "nightfall after the Canucks game".  In hindsight, I would have hit scum if I voted either way but it's a way worse play to vote for the sake of voting than simply abstaining until more information is available.

I get the frustration; I've been down that road myself, but these things are way easier to criticize after the fact than in the moment.

• Cheers 1
4 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

GG. Thanks for hosting falcon.

Props to 112 for clutching. Props to LL for going 2 for 2 on his investigations. Stupid bulletproof vest :sadno:

Please stop investigating me. Thanks

I chuckled hard when you got peeked again. 

I heavily subscribe to this meme of always peeking BJ. :P