The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Maple Leafs fire Mike Babcock, name Sheldon Keefe as new head coach

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

It's a tough situation. Some of the greatest players support Babs while some good players don't. It also shows the generational difference in work styles. The workplace and how we treat employees is changing and it seems that the NHL is as well. 

Not to sound insensitive but PTSD from a yelling coach seems very millennial like. Who knows anymore. In all my days managing people at the office, I do have to say, I hated managing millennials the most. It was mentally draining lol. 

Franzen is 40, he's not a millenial. I'm sure the concussions he's had play a major factor in the ptsd. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How many selfish losers, who put themselves first, are the leader of Cup winners?  Doughty maybe?  Or were the two LA Cups mostly lead by Kopitar and Brown?  

First off, these are really, really young men. And remember, our brains don’t even stop developing until well into our late 20s, so there’s that as well.

Second, during the two Cups the Kings won, Doughty had 16 points in 20 games, and 18 points in 26 games. As a defenseman.

Third, Patrick Kane and his 3 Cups.

Long story short, boatloads of selfish athletes win championships (ie: Alex Rodriguez). These are professional morons. They’re not curing cancer.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Monty said:

No. Saying that quality of captain doesn’t equate to a Cup.

Character and leadership are separate qualities. People regularly conflate the two. This putz captained teams to 6 Cups but we saw his selfishness first hand when he decided to disgrace us with his presence.

Marm%20Messier.jpg?itok=LGO9IyM4

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Toews said:

Character and leadership are separate qualities. People regularly conflate the two. This putz captained teams to 6 Cups but we saw his selfishness first hand when he decided to disgrace us with his presence.

Marm%20Messier.jpg?itok=LGO9IyM4

For the record, that putz captained 2 teams to cups. Gretz captained the other 4.

He also did not play a single playoff game the last 7 years of his career.

• Cheers 2