The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Babcock or Green. Who would you rather see coach the Canucks.

Rate this topic

rekker

Who would you like to see coaching the Canucks?  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The new Marner interview about Babcock's mind games is pretty crazy. I wonder what would happen if Green asked Elias to rank the team from hardest working to least hardest working lol. 

I also found it funny/ unfortunate to hear Marner say that hes glad the guys that he ranked low didnt take it to heart. Maybe they should take it to heart. Then the team might actually do better lol. 

• Cheers 2

22 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Bill Peters anyone? 

I mean we don't have any black people on the team so this could work out, right? 

Jk. That's a stupid &^@#ing thing to suggest. His team played worse than ours did ffs. Why would we want a racist piece of trash and an awful coach? We're already dealing with one of those things already. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

16 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I mean we don't have any black people on the team so this could work out, right? 

Jk. That's a stupid &^@#ing thing to suggest. His team played worse than ours did ffs. Why would we want a racist piece of trash and an awful coach? We're not going dealing with one of those things already. 

Easy on the roids fella. It was a joke

• Haha 2

Green is evidently the best coach for this team at this time. 

The very young core players of this team are growing fast and furious. A couple of blown games here and there are essential in order to address the fundamental parts that don’t work.

Only in repetitive failure can true success be had.

Truth be told, I think that there are some wonderful veteran coaches but, for many, their best before date is up.

The game is changing...the world is changing.  Some of the stale old ways have to go and it's never been clearer than it is now.

Green.  I don't see much ego there getting in the way of things.  He seems very even keeled and non explosive and I feel that lends itself to "teaching/coaching" better than the angrier methods.  You tend to get people's ear a bit more if you do it in a non threatening/supportive way.

By now, I'm sure most coaches know of "systems" and other basics ... the secrets are likely out.  It's more about motivating players to be on board and use them and that takes good communication and, at times, anger management skills.

On 11/22/2019 at 6:42 PM, IBatch said:

and those athletes managed just fine for decades

I don't know this is true though.

We just didn't really understand the long term effects of concussion or connect dots to depression, suicide, etc.

Blows to the head linger for some...in a devastating way.

I LOVED Rock 'Em Sock 'Em...have every edition on VHS around here somewhere.  But the entertainment value that's lost isn't more important than men with families who, for some, will have to deal with the aftermath.   And, in the worse case scenarios, won't get the chance to.

And it ticks me off when it's labeled as "pansification".   Like it's somehow weak to not want someone to suffer unnecessarily so we can bang on glass.

On 11/27/2019 at 7:33 PM, burrardstreetbullies said:

Neither at this point they should be digging keenan out of the grave for another run at a Stanley Cup.  he won it with a $&!#tier rangers roster

I think he's the only Head Coach that's one a Cup in the NHL & KHL as a head coach.  Still a D-bag though.:P

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

• 1 year later...

If the option is between the two of them only then I say Green, unless Babcock has demonstrated that he's changed from his former ways. 

No way I bring Babcock in with what he did the last time he was employed as an NHL coach. 

Rather have Green than an abusive coach. No thanks to that. 

Edited by N4ZZY
  • Cheers 1