The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bibi Officially Charged with Bribery and Corruption.

Warhippy

On 11/21/2019 at 8:05 PM, Unknown1995 said:

Trump has officially started a worldwide trend. If your ever caught doing unethical or illegal activities as a head of state, just say "Its a witch-hunt by the opposing parties", "it has no merit" and keep denying it. 

Before, leaders used to resign over things like this, now more and more are following in Trump's footsteps. 

Ya Canadian leaders were denying far before Trump and were never removed. 

On 11/21/2019 at 10:14 PM, Duodenum said:

Nice to see some country's Attorney Generals still have some integrity. 

Ya...in Canada you get removed from that position when you go against the dictator lol I mean PM

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 8:56 PM, Warhippy said:

Pretty significant facts but ok

Which facts? 

I guess he wishes they were like Canada and can block any investigation. 

On 11/21/2019 at 10:37 PM, Warhippy said:

It's always been difficult for many to speak about Israel because any time someone says anything about the direction of the country or actions of their leaders it's deemed anti semetic.

Bibi is a criminal.  He is arrogant and corrupt and has lead far to long.  This indictment will hopefully see him deposed.

People need to understand that criticism of a leader or a nations actions is not speaking out against a nation or people.  It's ok to disagree

This is beyond hilarious coming from you..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yes it does. A sitting PM under a majority is the most powerful leader in the free world.

lucky for Harper. 

I see no abuse of power, just use of it. If you want to change the law thats fine but I don't know what your alternative idea is. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

lucky for Harper. 

I see no abuse of power, just use of it. If you want to change the law thats fine but I don't know what your alternative idea is. 

Sitting PMs in Canada are invincible. 

I understand there has to be some blockage but we need more transparency here.

• Like 1

Sitting PMs in Canada are invincible. 

I understand there has to be some blockage but we need more transparency here.

why? running Canada is a hornets nest of decision making. You give one province some perceived benefit or slight and you might have someone threatening separation. 

The cabinet members need to be able to freely discuss contentious issues, particularly regional ones, free from the media and the opposition, who have too much of their own interests to blow things up. There's plenty of transparency in the actual law making and actions of the government, if we open up cabinet discussions all you're going to do make it harder to reach a rational consensus on hard issues. 

On 11/21/2019 at 8:37 PM, Warhippy said:

It's always been difficult for many to speak about Israel because any time someone says anything about the direction of the country or actions of their leaders it's deemed anti semetic.

Bibi is a criminal.  He is arrogant and corrupt and has lead far to long.  This indictment will hopefully see him deposed.

People need to understand that criticism of a leader or a nations actions is not speaking out against a nation or people.  It's ok to disagree

Lol.

You are literally obsessed with "speaking out against Israel". There are literally dozens of threads started by you on this exact same topic. It is no way difficult for you to speak out. You do it all the time. Israel might be the most spoken out against country in history. 

To put this in perspective, here's what Netanyahu is actually accused of:

1. Taking $276,000 in free gifts in the form of cigars and champagne in exchange for advancing business interests.

2. Bribing a newspaper to give him friendly coverage.

3. Advancing the business interest of his friend in exchange for friendly media coverage. 

This, unfortunately, is all pretty tame stuff by politicians standards. It's a fraction of the money that was involved in the SNC-Lavin scandal. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

why? running Canada is a hornets nest of decision making. You give one province some perceived benefit or slight and you might have someone threatening separation. 

The cabinet members need to be able to freely discuss contentious issues, particularly regional ones, free from the media and the opposition, who have too much of their own interests to blow things up. There's plenty of transparency in the actual law making and actions of the government, if we open up cabinet discussions all you're going to do make it harder to reach a rational consensus on hard issues. 

I don't disagree with you but Jim a PM in Canada could kill someone and claim Prime ministerial duties and not go to court. Our elected officials can break the law over and over without repercussions. 

33 minutes ago, taxi said:

Lol.

You are literally obsessed with "speaking out against Israel". There are literally dozens of threads started by you on this exact same topic. It is no way difficult for you to speak out. You do it all the time. Israel might be the most spoken out against country in history. 

1. Taking $276,000 in free gifts in the form of cigars and champagne in exchange for advancing business interests.

3. Advancing the business interest of his friend in exchange for friendly media coverage. 

This, unfortunately, is all pretty tame stuff by politicians standards. It's a fraction of the money that was involved in the SNC-Lavin scandal. 

Bingo. Hip is such a hypocrite he downplays JTs violations and acts as if this is earth shattering.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I don't disagree with you but Jim a PM in Canada could kill someone and claim Prime ministerial duties and not go to court. Our elected officials can break the law over and over without repercussions. 

no thats not the case at all. He might be able to claim confidence over a conversation about it but if the RCMP had evidence of a crime they'd get at it eventually. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no thats not the case at all. He might be able to claim confidence over a conversation about it but if the RCMP had evidence of a crime they'd get at it eventually. 

I dunno a PM can claim prine ministerial duties and not have to show up in court. How could you be charged?

I dunno a PM can claim prine ministerial duties and not have to show up in court. How could you be charged?

good summary here: https://www.ourcommons.ca/marleaumontpetit/DocumentViewer.aspx?Sec=Ch03&Seq=9&Language=E

you're only covered in the sense of a narrow set of parliamentary duties like certain protected discussion in cabinet or what you say in the House as part of question period.

Its actually the US thats pretty messed up in terms of when a sitting president can face charges. 

1 hour ago, taxi said:

Lol.

And?

I am against Israels current annexation of Palestinian land.  I am against Bibi's endless statements of anger.  Is there an issue with that?  I am also against the current US administration.  But that doesn't mean I dislike or hate Americans or Israelis.

Cry about it because I have a differing opinion.

Edited by Warhippy

31 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

good summary here: https://www.ourcommons.ca/marleaumontpetit/DocumentViewer.aspx?Sec=Ch03&Seq=9&Language=E

you're only covered in the sense of a narrow set of parliamentary duties like certain protected discussion in cabinet or what you say in the House as part of question period.

Its actually the US thats pretty messed up in terms of when a sitting president can face charges. 

When Harper was pm there was talk of him having to testify in the Duffy trial and at that point they had said he could claim Prime ministerial duties and not have to show up in court. So by that logic could he or any other PM not kill somebody and not have to show up in court?

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Adorable.  You found someone to latch on to.  As is the norm.  And so on and so on and so on

Yeah I'm not latching onto any one it's just so many people have realized your BS. You spew the most whataboutism and then complain when others do it you defend Trudeau and then act like Netanyahu is some sort of extreme Criminal. What him and other Israeli leaders have done to the Palestine certainly could be seen as war crimes however what he did pales in comparison to what liberals and conservatives in this country have done and you only ever blame conservatives. That makes you a hypocrite so if it's adorable pointing out your BS well then I guess I'm adorable and I could do it all day long so make sure to tell the ladies.

Edited by Ryan Strome

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Yeah I'm not latching onto any one it's just so many people I've realized your BS. You spew the most whataboutism and then complain when others do it you defend Trudeau and then act like Netanyahu is some sort of extreme Criminal. What him and other Israeli leaders have done to the Palestine certainly could be seen as war crimes however what he did pales in comparison to what liberals and conservatives in this country have done and you only ever blame conservatives. That makes you a hypocrite so if it's adorable pointing out your BS well then I guess I'm adorable and I could do it all day long so make sure to tell the ladies.

Image result for shhhhh

IN your mind

Trudeau investigated, charged you claim he's a criminal and unfit.  Never indicted.

Bibi charged and investigated, bu also charged...bu bu bu Trudeau.

Shhhhhhh I don't care

Edited by Warhippy

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Image result for shhhhh

IN your mind

Trudeau investigated, charged you claim he's a criminal and unfit.  Never indicted.

Bibi charged and investigated, bu also charged...bu bu bu Trudeau.

Shhhhhhh I don't care

But what if nobody cares what you think? Just because you have 40,000 posts doesn't make your opinion Superior I mean people like me of being on here a lot longer than you and for some reason because you can post at an insane rate you can tell people what to do. To be honest when it comes to politics you are next to clueless and you act as if you are smarter than everybody else just because you've been to 14 continents 200 countries and worked in every conceivable field possible all by The Ripe age of what 36/37?