The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Nov. 21, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Ok this is not a game we won but a game they lost. We didn’t deserve this W so our team is not out of the woods yet. They are struggling big time 5 on 5 and got outshot 2:1 

I’m happy we have gone 2-0 vs a Stanley cup favourite this year.... Never an easy task as Garett would put it

Been a long time since we’ve dominated a team on both sides of the special teams. 8/9 on the powerplay against Nashville this year like...what??

5 hours ago, Qwags said:

About time special teams made a difference. Marky won us that game

FTFY

5 hours ago, Firstname Lastname said:

I like the way Gaud and Jake is playing right now, hope they continue to improve

Add Huggy Bear and Petey and... A young team with some solid veterans sprinkled in.  'There are going to be some growing pains'... Well... Here we are... Growing.  It is tough to watch at times.... Still wayyyy better then the past couple 3yrs... Entertaining and we'll see if a contender... Definitely a breath of fresh air

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

I was listening to the post game on the way home and they mentioned “can you imagine this PP in 2 years”

Very exciting times when they build even more chemistry with the new core. We will dominate with more strength and chemistry built.

Kyguy is really Tank??? :o

Edited by Ghostsof1915

i don’t know the reason for playing dump and chase except on the PP, but on the one occasion petey’s line tried to skate the puck in, it got knocked away and the preds went the other way.  i’m jealous of teams that can control the puck like nashville. canucks seem to get one opportunity and the puck is going the other way. what do we need to gain that puck control? i wish someone would ask green those questions. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, xereau said:

It's the unevenness of the PP over the season so far, that people are mostly concerned with. When you score one, or 2 on a team, you might have their number, anything more is just rubbing it in. Canucks have rubbed it into several teams this year, and those nights, albeit fun for us fans, are outliers.  The times they've been skunked is a LOT more. Petey talked about it tonight to the press, and it was like a breath of fresh air to hear it come from one of their top players. Consistency is the key, and he and the team knows it. There haven't been many sustained rounds of pressure on the PP in a lot of those 0fer stretches, and its due to the static nature of the PP. When they start whipping it around, they succeed. As scary as the PP can be, consistency takes it to that next level of punishment.

839526484_Benninghead.png.683d76d1d82c20af004c23323a559ef0.png'Member when the WCE would get 1st crack at a PP? Or Bure? Or Peak Sedin era? That level of anticipation isn't there yet with this crew. 

Is that a result of the players needing to be more consistent in the PP or Brown's systems? It just seems like all the blame is dumped on Brown when the players have struggled to execute at times.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, brownky said:

Stats stolen shamelessly from Reddit:

The PP is 18/27 (66.7%) against LA, Detroit, Nashville.

The PP is 8/69 (11.6%) against the other 27 teams in the league

This is a case where statistics tell two distinctly different stories and it's up to you which narrative you wish to follow.

Consistency is more important than single output. I mean unless our playoff rounds went LA, Detroit, Nashville... but given their records I'm not seeing that happening this year. Probably not next year either.

If we were at "15-18%" against "more" teams, it'd be a lot better.

It's almost like very good teams have very good penalty killing

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, hammertime said:

it's funny to me when this team scores on the pp it's the players and when they dont it's the coach. 

Well in all fairness brown has been the pp coach for what seems like 25 years and only recently found success since EP joined the team.

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Well in all fairness brown has been the pp coach for what seems like 25 years and only recently found success since EP joined the team.

You're right the Sedins were terrible on the PP. I'm just playing devils advocate. I'm not a Brown supporter I just find it humorous. They will get more consistant as they grow together. I just find a lot of blame is being thrown around when possibly reps are more the issue.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

You're right the Sedins were terrible on the PP. I'm just playing devils advocate. I'm not a Brown supporter I just find it humorous. They will get more consistant as they grow together. I just find a lot of blame is being thrown around when possibly reps are more the issue.

You're just proving my point further. Our pp only works when we have HOF players on it. Anyrhing else ans we'rebottom of the league.

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Upvote 1

A co worker showed me the score last evening before i could get to my pvr. :angry:

Odd game but I'll take it! Puck luck for sure, but Nash was dumb, a nasty chippy bunch and they paid for it.

I like the added size in Mac and Gravo they helped the team play bigger. Couple of nice hits and crashes to the crease, it sent a message. Corsi doesn't mention intimidation factor. Oliver should have challenged one of them instead of Lievs. But maybe he didnt want to.

We needed the right mix of size and skill and Mac and Gravs will do till our grit guys are back. 

Jake JT and Bo all skated hard and through checks, and they're still mugging EP every chance they get (and Hughes) but they'll learn to deal with that crap.

Our D is getting attacked hard because they are 3 smaller skill guys. I think Tanv, Stex and Hughes need support if there is a strong forecheck and battle on the boards. I'd sure like to see Fantenburg get a game.

• Upvote 3