The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Nov. 21, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Is Louie Eriksson the direct cause of the Canucks slump since Motte got injured?

think about it !

Well the fourth line actually looked effective and even dangerous at times without him on it.  Louie is where lines go to die.  From first line > second > third > fourth > to never again plays for the Canucks

846-09181644en_Masterfile.jpg

Edited by kilgore
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Marky was sloppy in his movements and rebound control.  He made lots of saves.   We won.  He’s making great saves, but can be tighter in his movements and control.  

I guess what I wrote here is not clear.  @VforVirtanen are you having confused with the language?  You don’t understand the meaning?  What exactly do you find confusing, or do you just disagree with my opinion?  I can repost my idea for you if you truly don’t understand.  

Our 5v5 was poor but that's to be expected with decimated depth. Ferland, Motte, Roussel, Sutter...

I think until at least 2 of the four players return, our 5v5 will suffer.

The sad thing is that the injuries presented a good opportunity for Baer and Eriksson to prove that they deserve a spot on the roster, to prove Green and JB wrong. Yet, they just went on to prove Green and JB right, they are redundant and not in the plan moving forward. Eriksson, Baer, and Luongo cap recapture account for 12-13 million dollars in cap space. Cap that can be used to sign an elite level player. Can't wait till we recover these dead cap space.

• Like 1

The Canucks benefited from two things:

1) Rinne is struggling. He allowed 5 PP goals over 2 periods, and the Canucks 6th goal was an empty netter. They only managed 23 shots (half of NSH)

2) Markstrom won them this game. 3 goals allowed on 47 shots. 

The PP was 5 for 6 (83.3%) This season the Canucks are 8 for 9 against NSH (88.9%)

Great to see them score another 5+. All smiles again. :)

• Cheers 1

Amazing what happens when the PP has a good night eh?

5 on 5 was pretty bad; need to stop giving up so many chances. 

Sloppy in our own zone at times too. 

Marky looked better this game. Hopefully out of the mini funk he was in. Good on him.

We needed that win, even if we were lucky to get it. Hopefully that’ll boost the confidence. 

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Marky was sloppy in his movements and rebound control.  He made lots of saves.   We won.  He’s making great saves, but can be tighter in his movements and control.  

Thought you couldn’t get worse than your Cherry takes. 

:picard:

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You aren't wrong. Aye, he made lots of good saves, but I too bugged my eyes a dozen times when he did that overly exaggerated slide to the post after putting himself two feet out of position for really no reason. This was always his biggest criticism his whole career, and he is at it again.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I guess what I wrote here is not clear.  @VforVirtanen are you having confused with the language?  You don’t understand the meaning?  What exactly do you find confusing, or do you just disagree with my opinion?  I can repost my idea for you if you truly don’t understand.  

No one has any idea what you are talking about. And unless you are Ian Clark you need to stop. 

• Haha 4