The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Nov. 21, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, Firstname Lastname said:

It seems like if the Canucks can score at least five goals, they can win the game

Run-n-gun. The only style that can get us wins at the moment.

I think Green should maximize the offensive potential of the top 2 lines, play them 20 minutes a night and reduce the load on the 4th line until the injured players return. Then, he can roll the lines again. In the meantime, fill the 4th line with heavy players like MacEwan and Graovac rather than Eriksson and Baertschi and give them 8 minutes a game to do one thing, wear down opposition defenders.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I guess what I wrote here is not clear.  @VforVirtanen are you having confused with the language?  You don’t understand the meaning?  What exactly do you find confusing, or do you just disagree with my opinion?  I can repost my idea for you if you truly don’t understand.  

I’m confused anyone would think Markstrom could have done anything more to give us a win than he did. He stood on his head and points of the game and we could easily have lost without him. 

Seemed like Ike a bizzare bone to pick with a player just coming back from some terrible crap. 

If if I could have given it a downvote, a booooo your opinion sucks vote or a seriously you must be joking I would have. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VforVirtanen said:

I’m confused anyone would think Markstrom could have done anything more to give us a win than he did. He stood on his head and points of the game and we could easily have lost without him. 

Seemed like Ike a bizzare bone to pick with a player just coming back from some terrible crap. 

If if I could have given it a downvote, a booooo your opinion sucks vote or a seriously you must be joking I would have. 

I think you’re funny.  

The team's fragile psych and "We must protect this 3, no 2... sh!t, I mean 1 goal lead for the entire period" mindset must get fixed before they can go anywhere.

Seriously, I don't even know anymore the makeup of their mentality. With the new core and all the new players they brought in, at least the team should show they're different team now. But no, they display the exact same "the best way to play with a lead is digging a trench in our own zone and holding the line." that we have seen too often all these years. No other team in the league plays so timid like us while leading in the 3rd.

JB needs to hire a team shrink and perform some deep sleep analysis on these guys.

2 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

I think you’re funny too. We all on the same team here. 

I don't think all your opinions are wrong-headed by any stretch, just this one. 

I love Marky, and want him to get some shutouts.  He could be our first Vesna winner.  

Really feel like Tanev could an extra full layer of protective gear with all the shot blocking he's doing. Markstrom was great, it's weird how after all the nights the powerplay looks useless, they can then flip a switch for it and suddenly they're an extremely lethal force. Don't think it's sustainable, but it would great to get a few more powerplays like this spread out and not just have PP 1 disappear again.

This was definitely a big win, if they lose that, Nashville is suddenly right in the rear view mirror in the standings. Other games have also gone in the Canucks favor so far, Chicago lost, Calgary lost, Anaheim lost in OT, Vegas is losing (although really just wouldn't want that one to go to OT more than anything). Despite the losing streak, Canucks are still in a playoff spot and have the means to secure it themselves.

Hopefully they can actually get the win this time against the Caps, but they'll have to put together a complete game to do it. They'll not get away with a third period like this against them, their last game with them was proof of that. Also it's a morning game, at a glorious 9:30 AM for us. Hopefully that doesn't throw them off too much. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1