The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Nov. 21, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Fire Newell Brown! :lol:

Flight landed late, caught the last 7 minutes of the 3rd period on the radio driving home... Wish I saw this one. 

Corey Hirsch is terrific. I know him and Garrett are both colour guys but they should be full time commentary on TV and Shorthouse back on radio (with no pay cut) 

6 minutes ago, apollo said:

Flight landed late, caught the last 7 minutes of the 3rd period on the radio driving home... Wish I saw this one. 

Corey Hirsch is terrific. I know him and Garrett are both colour guys but they should be full time commentary on TV and Shorthouse back on radio (with no pay cut) 

Interesting comment, I haven't heard a radio broadcast in years.

But I do find ( I'm ok with it ) John n' John a bit too apple pie.

Edited by 6string
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CanuckMan10 said:

Lol 9 pages of comments and no one has made any jokes about Miller not connecting on either of the goals where he had wide open swipes to bury them. ::D

Maybe because the puck went in anyway?  He sure is a really good player, isn’t he?  A steal by JB, right?  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, CanuckMan10 said:

Lol 9 pages of comments and no one has made any jokes about Miller not connecting on either of the goals where he had wide open swipes to bury them. ::D

Maybe he was just getting his stick in the way so the defenseman didn't clear the puck :ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe because the puck went in anyway?  He sure is a really good player, isn’t he?  A steal by JB, right?  

Boy did we take some heat approving the deal in the off season...whew!

Edited by 6string
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If had any computer skillz I'd make a gif of the two goals and photoshop a curling broom in his hands.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Seriously, did any of us know JT was this good?  I knew he was a bigger guy, who played a heavier style, but I didn’t realize he was this skilled.  

He was a 15th overall pick for a reason.

Very versatile player that can play any style.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Lucky win. 

Why did the Canucks prevail:

1)  Stupid penalties all night by Nashville players.

2)  4 of 5 goals on PP scored by lucky bounces and deflections.

3)  Fantastic game by Markstrom... he bailed the team out and kept the Canucks ahead.

Not one even strength goal scored...  unless you count the empty netter.

Under Green's system this team is now dependent on PP goals scored by lucky bounces in order to win a game... versus opposition which gifts the team with PP chances.

Anyone who thinks depending on this kind of luck will get the team into the Playoffs needs to think again.

• Wat 3
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, apollo said:

I really like quite a few of the Sportsnet radio guys.  Don't mind Satiar Shah either (only on radio though), don't like his or Walker's on TV look, they both look awkward.