The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Leafs and Coyote’s Mega Deal Involving Auston Mathews

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Why are the Coyotes taking the cap dump of Nylander though?  Is there franchise really going to be saved by AM?  They might have AM, but after giving up OEL they are going to start losing a lot more than they are winning.  OEL is actually a more important player to winning games than AM is.  

Oh agreed that OEL is more important for Arizona in terms of winning but this whole trade for Arizona is to get that star player to sell tickets and to be in the hunt for the playoffs every year. OEL has been on the Coyotes for a long time and he isn’t selling tickets and the team is not on solid financial ground with them maybe even moving to Houston in the future, so the Coyotes need the local kid to be the face of the organization.

• Like 1

Ekman-Larsson ??

he just signed a new contract

and has a nmc to boot

exactly how can he be moved?

not sure why people keep insisting on including in trades

players with nmc

they mean something and were negotiated

people pretend they have little to no value

at least explain how the nmc is addressed if such a player is included in a trade

don't just avoid dealing with this important issue

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Why not? Explain

they get their cap fixed, young scoring wingers and stud defense OEL which is the player the Leafs have been looking for since Kaberle left.

1- OEL-Doesn't want out of Arizona,( at least haven't heard anything). I have heard he loves it there.

2- Raanta- Too much for a back up

3- Stepan- MEH!, dime a dozen

4- Hayton- Way to early to know what you got

5- Crouse- Love to have him but way to unproven yet.

6- I honestly don't think Tor. would move both Matthews and Nylander....1 maybe??

Hope this shows my point well enough for you.

• Thanks 1

coastal.view;
Arizona would only trade OEL for a Mathews type player and I’m sure the Coyotes would talk him into the trade by saying in Toronto he would be contending for a cup for the next 3-4 years with this trade and all the East Coast media would most definitely give him the Norris if he does in Toronto what he’s been doing in Arizona. 

Edited by IjustNEEDaTROYgamble
Forgot posters name

5 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

coastal.view;
Arizona would only trade OEL for a Mathews type player and I’m sure the Coyotes would talk him into the trade by saying in Toronto he would be contending for a cup for the next 3-4 years with this trade and all the East Coast media would most definitely give him the Norris if he does in Toronto what he’s been doing in Arizona. 

really?

laffs will be contending for a cup??? really???

you gonna lie to Ekman-Larsson ??

he's not stupid

why would he go to the laffs unless he got some premium value added to his contract

like every other laff player has managed

why would he want to play in toronto?

have you lived there in the winter?  have you lived in arizona during the winter?  is there a difference?

coyotes have a better future as a team then toronto

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

really?

laffs will be contending for a cup??? really???

you gonna lie to Ekman-Larsson ??

he's not stupid

why would he go to the laffs unless he got some premium value added to his contract

like every other laff player has managed

why would he want to play in toronto?

have you lived there in the winter?  have you lived in arizona during the winter?  is there a difference?

coyotes have a better future as a team then toronto

Because OEL has never played with a Taveres or Marner type player or had a top tier d partner in Morgan Reilly and those teammates would be way better any other teammates he had in the desert. Yeah I know the difference in weather but Arizona is also where Stanley Cup dreams go to die and I would think he would give up the sun for a chance at glory and to be hockey god as Toronto needs a player just like him to do damage in the playoffs. I’m not even a Leafs fan, in fact I hate them but this helps both teams in the now and the future. 

Edited by IjustNEEDaTROYgamble
Spelling mistake

1 minute ago, BrockBoester said:

And Toronto isn't? LOL

I'm going to guess that the Coyotes win a cup before the Leafs win their next one, whether they are still in Arizona or not :emot-parrot:

If the Coyotes don’t get a face of the franchise type of player or make a deep run in the playoffs then they won’t be around in Phoenix and that’s why they do this deal. 
Atleast the Leafs make the playoffs not like the Coyotes 

1 minute ago, BrockBoester said:

And Toronto isn't? LOL

I'm going to guess that the Coyotes win a cup before the Leafs win their next one, whether they are still in Arizona or not :emot-parrot:

Seriously, it a team's number one intention is winning, no way are they trading OEL (and his contract) for AM (and his contract) even straight across.  If the Coyotes are just trying to sell tickets then I could see them doing this.  However, they will lose more games as a result of that trade.  So, are the Arizona fans even aware of who Matthews is?  Maybe fans down there just don't get hockey, and don't care enough about the team regardless of a local boy being the team's leader?

I just see this trade being one the Leafs would jump on, and the Coyotes lose big time.  Plus, the Coyotes are even expected to take Nylander as a cap dump!  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Seriously, it a team's number one intention is winning, no way are they trading OEL (and his contract) for AM (and his contract) even straight across.  If the Coyotes are just trying to sell tickets then I could see them doing this.  However, they will lose more games as a result of that trade.  So, are the Arizona fans even aware of who Matthews is?  Maybe fans down there just don't get hockey, and don't care enough about the team regardless of a local boy being the team's leader?

I just see this trade being one the Leafs would jump on, and the Coyotes lose big time.  Plus, the Coyotes are even expected to take Nylander as a cap dump!  

I can see Nylander being a good player with Mathews and Kessel in the desert and without 5 million people in the Greater Toronto area telling him he sucks and dogging him for a contract Dubas gave him. 

9 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

I can see Nylander being a good player with Mathews and Kessel in the desert and without 5 million people in the Greater Toronto area telling him he sucks and dogging him for a contract Dubas gave him. 

Considering Nylander’s contract, and soft play, he does suck though.  

It's not that bad of a deal.  If I were TO, and I just threw up a bit in my mouth typing that, I'd entertain a package involving AM and WN on the premise that AM will walk when he hits Free Agency so might as well maximize his value now, and WN is just bad for playoff hockey.  I am not knowledgeable on Arizona's roster for a possible return but I would have to think Keller would be the focal point.  Again if I was TO, :sick:, I rather use the cap tied in AM and WN to upgrade the D core - Tavares is still a good bonafide center to build around.  

I give this proposal 3.5 lit joints out of 5.

• Like 1