The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] How is Eriksson Not Waived?

Rate this topic

Provost

On 11/25/2019 at 7:27 AM, MoneypuckOverlord said:

in the world of sports, it's up to the player to maintain his level of play.  JP Barry does his best to get the most for his client, at the same time he should be aware players placed on waivers is also part of business.  HIs job is already done anyways, when he got Ericksson to a 6.5 million dollar contract.  He needs to respect our team if we decide to waive Louis Ericksson, and even so, he will still get paid the same amount so I'm not sure where is the dispute as it's our decision to waive Ericsson or not.   JP Barry is no idiot, Ericksson has been playing like crap, and he should be aware of it.  

Myers would be waived if that’s the case brought in for offense and size and being outscored by Ben Hutton on la also at six million almost 30 games played 0 goals 4 assists turns the puck over a ton misses the net, looks awkward

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever

2 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Myers would be waived if that’s the case brought in for offense and size and being outscored by Ben Hutton on la also at six million almost 30 games played 0 goals 4 assists turns the puck over a ton misses the net, looks awkward

With a better back up strategy from Green Myers would be excellent. He is great at posession but he rarely has someone following him so we can take advantage of his posession. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

With a better back up strategy from Green Myers would be excellent. He is great at posession but he rarely has someone following him so we can take advantage of his posession. 

Woah I agree! Good post timra. Look at that you can post good stuff ha

myers is a puck moving d but kinda hard for a puck moving d to put up points if we play a dump and chase....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Great Post and I agree - Loui's time is up .

Following tonight's 2 penalties by him that allowed the oilers to beat us 3-2, this marks the 5th game this season that Erikson's sub-par performance has had a direct impact causing a loss for the team.  When will J.B. doing something - anything? 

The second one especially was a dumb rookie move, too. Such a bad penalty. Oh, the day he is gone will be grand!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Woah I agree! Good post timra. Look at that you can post good stuff ha

myers is a puck moving d but kinda hard for a puck moving d to put up points if we play a dump and chase....

I usually put up good stuff but when I get into heated areas people tend to get their blindfold on. :bigblush:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

The second one especially was a dumb rookie move, too. Such a bad penalty. Oh, the day he is gone will be grand!

At least one of those penalties was a cheap one but as a vet he should know better (especially since the Canucks rarely get the benefit of the doubt in borderline situations).

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

At least one of those penalties was a cheap one but as a vet he should know better (especially since the Canucks rarely get the benefit of the doubt in borderline situations).

Yep.  He should have known better.  The Oilers were whining about every little tug or hook.  It was obvious that the refs were letting stuff go but eventually they were going to call something.  The guy has to get his head into the game.  That penalty in the offensive zone was stupid.  I knew right away when he did it that the refs were going to call it.  Even though it was borderline, he had no reason to do it.

Edited by coho8888
  • Cheers 1

It seemed like Louie got a little too excited last night.  I think the new energy in the team from the younger players is finally rubbing off on him. Add to that Green's seeming confidence in putting him on the second and even first line. Its like a kid rediscovering his game again. And like a kid, he gets overexcited when he's feeling good. Over aggressive in waving his stick around high to get past as another player. Or trying to get away with a sneaky interference. Trying "too hard", creates another set of problems.  An overly excited and aggressive Louie means you accept him not being "little things" Louie anymore.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, snucks said:

Those were penalties a veteran should never make, particularly against a team like the Oilers. That must drive JB crazy. The Canucks were in that game but the penalties did them in.

those penalties were an embarrassment to the game by Nurse, you cant put those on Loui. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

Ok, Sutter close... Motte skating.

We had better see this guy get waived soon!

If he decides to retire rather than spending 3 years riding the busses, it suddenly makes us one of the teams with the most cap space available.  It makes no sense that we haven’t done it yet.

We could leverage that at the deadline by either adding a rental, or taking dead money from someone in return for an asset.  As long as any money we bring in comes off the books before Petterson and Hughes get re-signed, we can weaponize that space.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Provost said:

Ok, Sutter close... Motte skating.

We had better see this guy get waived soon!

If he decides to retire rather than spending 3 years riding the busses, it suddenly makes us one of the teams with the most cap space available.  It makes no sense that we haven’t done it yet.

We could leverage that at the deadline by either adding a rental, or taking dead money from someone in return for an asset.  As long as any money we bring in comes off the books before Petterson and Hughes get re-signed, we can weaponize that space.

Yeah. Make his life less comfy, at least. It can only help the team at this point.

• Upvote 1

The likely reason Eriksson has not been waived is due to injuries to others in our roster.

It will be telling if/when all our forwards are healthy. Assuming Graovac gets sent back to Utica, we would still have 15 healthy forwards with a maximum of 14 spots (assuming 7D + 2G).

This means likely one of Eriksson, Motte or Schaller will be waived.

If Eriksson is not waived at that point, then we know there is another reason he is being kept with the Canucks.

IMO the only things that saves LE from being waived is more injuries or if JB has a trade lined up to clear a roster spot at forward.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

Schaller sutter LE should all be moved if they find anyone that would want any of the three, we have younger better options already. 

Edler tanev should be on the block too for the right price. 

O.K., O.K., ....I'll take Loui off the teams hands. I need someone to put up my Christmas lights.   He should be good at it, as he's the best "reacher" I know, always bending way over with his stick 6-8 ft out so he doesn't get "too close" to the opponents in case he gets scratched, so he ought to be good reaching out while on the ladder, getting under those hard to get places under my house gables.   Should be right up his alley.   Oh, and BTW, how much will the Canucks pay me to take him off their hands?

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

O.K., O.K., ....I'll take Loui off the teams hands. I need someone to put up my Christmas lights.   He should be good at it, as he's the best "reacher" I know, always bending way over with his stick 6-8 ft out so he doesn't get "too close" to the opponents in case he gets scratched, so he ought to be good reaching out while on the ladder, getting under those hard to get places under my house gables.   Should be right up his alley.   Oh, and BTW, how much will the Canucks pay me to take him off their hands?

$0 Dollar and 0 Cents.

• Wat 1

On 11/22/2019 at 9:29 AM, RonMexico said:

What they do with Eriksson is so low on my list of things to care about.

But, we all do care who plays now.  We have somewhere between 15 and 19 NHL caliber forwards hanging around now.  If it weren't for the CAP and the waiver complication, this would be like the depth of the Montreal teams of the early 1970s -- i.e., something to celebrate.  Obviously, this isn't 1975. 

And the unresolved mess that is Eriksson haunts the team and bothers a lot of the fans. 

15 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

The likely reason Eriksson has not been waived is due to injuries to others in our roster.

It will be telling if/when all our forwards are healthy. Assuming Graovac gets sent back to Utica, we would still have 15 healthy forwards with a maximum of 14 spots (assuming 7D + 2G).

This means likely one of Eriksson, Motte or Schaller will be waived.

If Eriksson is not waived at that point, then we know there is another reason he is being kept with the Canucks.

IMO the only things that saves LE from being waived is more injuries or if JB has a trade lined up to clear a roster spot at forward.

I think you are right.  If at this point they STILL keep Eriksson up here you really really have to wonder what is in the works/what's going on behind the scenes.

They had ZERO compunctions about demoting Higgins and Gagner, both of whom were better players then than Eriksson is now.  And we had less depth then. 

One reason Loui E has not been waived....

J. P. Barry is his agent.  - google his clients - https://puckpedia.com/agent/jp-barry

J.P. Barry of CAA is one of the very top hockey agents in the world. Barry earned his law degree in Canada at L'Ecole de Droit de L'Universite de Moncton and operates out of Kelowna, British Columbia. Barry's top clients include top NHL players Sidney Crosby, Daniel Briere, and Evgeni Malkin.