The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] How is Eriksson Not Waived?

Rate this topic

Provost

52 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Where did you get this from? 

That is my best guess as well.....

I have not heard a thing, but that is my best guess

That or Jimbo is hoping Loui plays well enough

to get picked up at the TDL

Personally, I hope its the retire option

That way there is no loss of any additional assets

But who really knows? :unsure:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Provost said:

It is really too bad that you don't have an option not to click on threads you don't care about.

I am so sorry you are being forced, upon pain of death, to read and participate and not just scroll by.

It is so great that you are adding posts of such thought and substance to the conversation....

what is left to discuss?  the topic has been beat to death. no one brings up anything new. they just regurgitate the same old argument. if someone had new info, like the owners, the gm or the coach is making the others keep louie. this has nothing to do with fans opinion but rather the management who are opting to keep him. where is the answer, with the fans or the canucks? answer me that.

Edited by smithers joe
  • Wat 1

4 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

what is left to discuss?  the topic has been beat to death. no one brings up anything new. they just regurgitate the same old argument. if someone had new info, like the owners, the gm or the coach is making the others keep louie. this has nothing to do with fans opinion but rather the management who are opting to keep him. where is the answer, with the fans or the canucks? riddle me that.

9 pages of people discussing begs to differ there champ...

Discussing things is literally the entire purpose of this forum.  Riddle me how that can possibly be a tough concept to understand.

fo·rum
/ˈfôrəm/
noun

1. 1.
    a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
    "it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"
Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

9 pages of people discussing begs to differ there champ...

Discussing things is literally the entire purpose of this forum.  Riddle me how that can possibly be a tough concept to understand.

fo·rum
/ˈfôrəm/
noun

1. 1.
    a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
    "it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

so, tell me why louie is still with the team? if you have the reason, please let us know, so we can put this puppy to bed. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/23/2019 at 8:28 AM, qwijibo said:

Or, it could be that Benning wants to maintain a good relationship with Ericksson‘s agent. Or maybe the Aqulini’s aren’t on board with having a $6m player in the minors.  There are several possibilities.  Jumping to the conclusion that they have a handshake agreement for him to retire is just your preferred outcome. There is zero evidence that that’s the case 

There can’t be evidence of a gentleman’s agreement.  That’s cap circumvention.  It’s like the Luongo retiring and then getting some pseudo management job with FLA.  Retire Lou and that 3 million you’re leaving will be made up in another way.  Gentleman’s agreements are simply a handshake.  

6 hours ago, smokes said:

I would not want Eriksson anywhere near our young players right now. A bitter 6 million dollar player playing with our impressionable young players? I would rather have him eating nachos in the pressbox.

Seems like our young players are doing just fine. A couple of Calder quality guys with another likely this season. An all star that turned captain. A guy that is forcing the team to keep him in the lineup. And a goalie climbing up the ranks.

That darn Loui must be messing with them, otherwise they would be even better than they are now...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Seems like our young players are doing just fine. A couple of Calder quality guys with another likely this season. An all star that turned captain. A guy that is forcing the team to keep him in the lineup. And a goalie climbing up the ranks.

That darn Loui must be messing with them, otherwise they would be even better than they are now...

wait till he gets waived

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

There can’t be evidence of a gentleman’s agreement.  That’s cap circumvention.  It’s like the Luongo retiring and then getting some pseudo management job with FLA.  Retire Lou and that 3 million you’re leaving will be made up in another way.  Gentleman’s agreements are simply a handshake.  

Neither situation is cap circumvention.  

4 hours ago, smokes said:

wait till he gets waived

And then what? That means the team has the full compliment of a healthy lineup at that point, so of course the team will be improved. Loui has no negative influence on the young players in the meantime.

6 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

And then what? That means the team has the full compliment of a healthy lineup at that point, so of course the team will be improved. Loui has no negative influence on the young players in the meantime.

He has already shown he's bitter with his icetime in the off season. He's played like he doesn't care anymore. The games he has played in looks like he is just showing up for a paycheck. Most players, when they come off the press box has an extra step in their game to show that they belong. Has Eriksson done that?  And that's with him still in the NHL. If he gets to the AHL, I just don't see him working his but off to get back into the NHL. Now if you are a young player seeing a six million dollar player floating around you don't think that it's going to cause an affect?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smokes said:

He has already shown he's bitter with his icetime in the off season. He's played like he doesn't care anymore. The games he has played in looks like he is just showing up for a paycheck. Most players, when they come off the press box has an extra step in their game to show that they belong. Has Eriksson done that?  And that's with him still in the NHL. If he gets to the AHL, I just don't see him working his but off to get back into the NHL. Now if you are a young player seeing a six million dollar player floating around you don't think that it's going to cause an affect?

At least if you send him to the AHL press box, you can use him as negative reinforcement.  Great example of what happens to lazy, useless players who complain about the coach and then continue to play like complete trash when the same coach still gives them unearned ice time.  LE's lack of professionalism on and off the ice is a great example of what not to do.

• Upvote 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

At least if you send him to the AHL press box, you can use him as negative reinforcement.  Great example of what happens to lazy, useless players who complain about the coach and then continue to play like complete trash when the same coach still gives them unearned ice time.  LE's lack of professionalism on and off the ice is a great example of what not to do.

If he's going to the AHL, I would rather they do to him the same as they did with Gagner and loan him to another team.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, smokes said:

If he's going to the AHL, I would rather they do to him the same as they did with Gagner and loan him to another team.

If you were running another team, would you want that worthless sack of *&$@ around your prospects?  If we send him to Utica, we can ensure he rots in the press box and is as miserable as possible. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

If you were running another team, would you want that worthless sack of *&$@ around your prospects?  If we send him to Utica, we can ensure he rots in the press box and is as miserable as possible. 

As much as you want to teach the younger players what not to do, you don't want them to think that the organization will bury him either.

I think Roussel being injured at the start of the year saved him from being put on waivers.  He's the 14th forward.  When there are injuries to the top 12, like now, he'll play some games.  If the forwards ever get completely healthy he's in danger of getting sent down again (a big if, I know).

Edited by Wilbur