8) Linus Karlson 

9) Carson Focht 

10) Petrus Palmu

Incomplete Ranking due to injuries

Olli Juolevi 

Lets hear everyone’s ranking

Edited by IjustNEEDaTROYgamble
  • Wat 1

Ideally, if we don’t win the cup this year, I’d want us to get another top 10 pick to add one more high end prospect to our current pool of young (future) support players.  However I think we are making the playoffs this year, so TBay gets our pick at 31.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It's difficult to gauge our pool right now. Our higher end prospects like Podkolzin, Woo and Hoglander are underperforming in their various leagues, while lower picks like Madden,, Palmu and Rathbone are performing above expectations. I'm not going to even attempt a ranking right now. 

It kind of depends on how you define performance.  If your definition is only based on points than I see your concerns.  However, we need to remember we have already established an elite young core.  Our prospects will fill support roles.  Podz will be a fabulous support player as will Hoglander.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It kind of depends on how you define performance.  If your definition is only based on points than I see your concerns.  However, we need to remember we have already established an elite young core.  Our prospects will fill support roles.  Podz will be a fabulous support player as will Hoglander.  

When you're talking about a top ten pick like Podkolzin, or a skill player like Hoglander, I really do think production has to be the first thing that's looked at, especially considering that production is the best indicator we have. If you're looking at guys that are slated to fill out bottom six or bottom pairing roles, I think other aspects of performance may start to take precedence, but when you're looking at players that were drafted high or are what we'd consider to be 'high skill players', offensive production is the key indicator. And I don't think a guy that was picked in the top ten topping out as a "support player' can be seen as a success. You want to nab a core piece with a top ten pick. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Dmitry Zhukenov Is a valuable 5th rounder. He is 22 now but before he signed in Russia he was a point a game in the QMHL (122 points in 128 games). He’s also got more points and goals than Podkolzin. I think Podkolzin is obviously got greater potential but Zhukenov could be a surprising player we have in our organization. 

basing this list mostly on potential and where I think they will end up:

1. Podz

-future Bo Horvat RW. 50 point per season, 20 goals, pp and pk

2. Hogs

-top 6 LW with a ton of skill. Pp and ozone draws. 40-50 points per season

3. Wrath bone

-top 4 D, will be on the second pair behind Hughes for years to come. The defensemen we all hoped joulevi would become

4. Mikey D

-sick tendy. May force a demko trade in the next 3-5 years

5. Madden

-middle 6 pk and some 2nd unit pp. 20 goals and 10 assists in a season type of player. Similar to Sutter 

6. Woo

-bottom 4 D-man. Defensively sound with some offensive ability. Clear the net front and battle in the corners

7. Lind

-middle 6. Half a step down from where I think Madden will be. More of a play maker than scorer. The two together may be a 3rd line one day with maybe Hoglander on lw??

8. Rafferty

steady eddy bottom pair defensemen. Good first pass and smooth skating. Can play 18 mins a game and be a net positive. Pk and play up the lineup if injuries strike

9. Big Mac Zack

bottom 6 physical force. Might be able to become a Roussell type player

10. Lockwood

tyler Motte comparable

before his injury, joulevi would’ve been there as well. Somewhere in the same territory as Madden. Alas, now we can only hope he has a swift recovery

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Bert Diesel said:

1. Podkolzin

2. Hoglander

3. Dipietro

4. Madden

5. Rathbone

6. Juolevi

7. Lind

8. Rafferty

9. Woo

10. Brisebois

11. Macewen

12. Lockwood

13. Perron

14. Teves

15. Gadjovich

16. Focht

17. McDonagh

18. Silovs

19. Palmu

20. Utunen 

id put focht around 10-11 and utunen around 12-13   they have more potential and are going to world juniors as well

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Ideally, if we don’t win the cup this year, I’d want us to get another top 10 pick to add one more high end prospect to our current pool of young (future) support players.  However I think we are making the playoffs this year, so TBay gets our pick at 31.  

If they make the playoffs, they won't have a 1st round pick.  If they just miss, they're looking at a pick in the 11-15 range.

• Upvote 2