The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Nov. 23, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Not a big fan of shootout wins, this and our win over St. Louis would of been ties in the old NHL but who cares this is the new NHL! Proud of the effort.

cant say I’m as optimistic of Or chances with edler out if he misses time. What myers lacks and he does a lot edler can make up for so that’s why it’s a decent pairing but with him out, if it’s extended ouch. But I’ll just be happy with the win. We actually have a chance to make the playoffs, I love the division we’re in. The teams who supposed to be great by experts sharks foamesngolden Knights have been anything but. A team with two forwards is winning the division and there we are lol...

I don’t know if it was the matinee but The caps played so bad today, Ovechkin looked like he didn’t even care even when he had scoring chances. And I love Ovechkin don’t get me wrong, I’m not usually one of those Russia sucks Ovechkin s lazy people who you see in Canada. Lol

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever

4 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Man,  Beags is awesome. People that whine about his contract don’t realize how much leadership and glue he brings to this team.
Love this guy! Caps fans still love him too and have said we’re lucky to have him. 

This win likely means a lot to him in fully cutting the heartstrings from Cap to Canuck.  New team beats old team.  Likely tough going "home" but stealing two points can soften the blow.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

So you're saying you're not one to stereotype Russians and your way of doing so is by stereotyping Canadians.  Not sure if that's an effective method of proving a point.

Ovechkin is the last Russian myself or anyone would call lazy. Baffling post. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

So you're saying you're not one to stereotype Russians and your way of doing so is by stereotyping Canadians.  Not sure if that's an effective method of proving a point.

You seem to like looking for anything that can look like a contradiction in any of my posts and quoting me. Why? Likes? Who knows. They can be addicting I hear as petty and dumb as it may sound. Research suggests this. Anyway I’ve read some weird things you’ve said too, we all do. Lets just smile and be happy with the win and move forward We won lets be happy.

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever

45 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Could Hughes break Doug Lidsters record of 63 points in a season? 

Eventually, I could definitely see it. This year? That would be legendary.

But possible. He's that good.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I know many here have a love affair with Jake. I wish him the best too. He's one of our top hitters, which is important. And he's improved over last year. He's 10% more engaged. Its such a slow progress, but that's okay as long as its progress I guess.  But sorry, Virtanen, at this point, kills so many potential chances or at least possession, with his give-aways, stick checked, too slow on the puck or the pass. I think in part that's the reason for Bo's slow start, having to carry Jake. Hes as fast as #%@# on a rush, but its between the ears I'm more worried about; his speed thinking the game on the ice.  Players with less than the hockey IQ of a Quinn Hughes, need to make up for that in other ways.  He should be crashing the net, and getting physical more often.  Just my two cents for what its worth.

The problem is like he lacks self-awareness.  Some players knows they have deficiencies in their game and thus adapt to mitigate it. 

Almost every single player in the NHL were offensive phenom in lower levels.... but they change their game or add different skills to stick in the NHL.  

The only players able to stay mostly in an offensive roles are rare in the NHL... and are usually those who are the top liners in their teams.

JV seems incapable for changing his game.  He has most success at the junior level as some hulking speedy winger sniping goals of the rush.  Players with that ability in the NHL are few... OV, McDavid, Crosby, etc.  Virtanen isn't remotely close in offensive talent.  

Jake should stop thinking he's the next Bertuzzi and realize that his max potential is probably someone like a Wilson or Torres.  Players who change the pace of the game by physicality rather than by offensive production.  

• Upvote 2

What do we do with Virtanen? A game like this is where you want him to be a presence, and he just wasn't. Right now he's passed by Leivo & MacEwen.

I don't think he's had a bad year, but he's just kind of same old inconsistent Jake. He's still young & a capable player. He's still an asset that needs to be more than what he's been for us.

If they could find another young players I'd be interested in a swap. Kinda like a Hodgson/Kassian type of idea, just where you swap young players.

Maybe Jake's comfortable & needs that kick in the pants.