The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 THN Top 100 Players Under 21

Rate this topic

GoldenAlien

22 minutes ago, GoldenAlien said:

I personally would've put EP40 over Dahlin as No. 1 and Quinn over Jack for No. 6.  Can't see why Tkachuk projects better when Quinn is a month younger and outscoring him as a defenseman... but hey.   

Interesting list. Thanks for posting.

My guess is the list makers are impressed with Tkachuk's size. He's excelling in the league at a very early age for a big man. But I agree with you, I'd take Quinn Hughes over him any day. You always take elite skating ability over size any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Quinn Hughes has the shot of Ray Bourque and skating ability one notch below Paul Coffey.

Don't forget that this isn't a Prospect list, so guys like Juolevi, Hoglander and Madden have no business being anywhere near the top 100.  

There are many awesome young players on that list that have already proven themselves in the NHL, meanwhile Juolevi, Hoglander and Madden have a lot of improving and proving to do in the AHL/SHL and one day the NHL. 

a

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Potential based. Byfield and Lafreniere are both projected to be franchise talents at their position. 

and so was alexander daigle and nail yakupov  ,    you  know what I mean  look at petey on the list  , he  was projected like 10th overall  and now he is second on the list .I hate when they put  pros vs junior . you never know if they can actually make it in the nhl or will another petey come out of no where 

Hughes second in rookie points as a d man, but comes in at 10?  I'm hoping they just confused jack for Quinn because swapping those two spots , it makes sense (somewhat). Having Quinn Hughes at #10 is a joke. 

Edited by cuporbust

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Potential based. Byfield and Lafreniere are both projected to be franchise talents at their position. 

Also why Dahlin is number 1.

Pettersson is clearly the better player today, but Dahlin is the number one prospect under 21 without question. His upside is "best in the world".

Also, not sure why I was surprised to be reminded that Laine is only 21...

Makar and his 20 career games lands higher than a proven 40+ goal scorer. 

• Upvote 1