Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Report] Robert Bortuzzo suspended 4 games

Rate this topic

18 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

The NHL is really giving the impression that it doesn't give a %*(! about player safety.

The league handing out s suspension only satisfies the team that had a player injured in the playoffs.  A guy takes out Arvidsson and gets four games, but the Preds don’t see the Blues until after the suspension.  The suspension in no way helps the Preds.  In fact the suspension helps the teams the Blues are playing next.  This is exactly why players need the freedom to police for their own teams.  Do away with the instigator rule, and let the boppers do some face punching.  Get revenge during the game in which your own player was hurt.  

• Like 1

This really pisses me off. Arvidsson is a star player and Bortuzzo is barely in the league... PROTECT YOUR DAMN PLAYERS!!

2 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Dept. of player safety at work again.

1 hour ago, StealthNuck said:

The NHL is really giving the impression that it doesn't give a %*(! about player safety.

:wub:

seems to me that bortuzzo is pretty well protected by this all

and is kept damn safe by dops

2 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Did I miss anything about Kerfoot? He deserves a phone call at least.

he has a hearing

Hope they also wise the hell up about some of the cross checks Petey's taking.  Away from the play, in succession.

Player safety...another name for Russian Roulette.

• Upvote 1

Would have given him at least a couple more...not only does he stare right at the ref after the 1st ones called, he does it again, only harder. Aka oh who cares I already got the penalty

• Upvote 4

I was just thinking if this had happened to say like Pettersson and he was then out for 4-6 weeks and then you find out the guy only got 4 games for it, I'd be pissed.

• Upvote 2

Bortuzzo deserves to miss as many games as Arvidsson will, dirty play that costs Nashville one of their best players for at least a month

• Upvote 2

Bortuzzo is the same guy who got into a fight at practice.

Does not deserve to be in this league anymore.

plays like that should be minimum 10 games  that's an attempt to injure a defenceless player , he lost his cool  that's a lame ass excuse  go sit  out10 games and think about it  player safety ya right  what a crock 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I was just thinking if this had happened to say like Pettersson and he was then out for 4-6 weeks and then you find out the guy only got 4 games for it, I'd be pissed.

yep then walk over to the other teams best player and do a burtuzzo you only get four games right ?

While I agree that the DOPS is a bastion of inconsistency, I some times wonder how much the PA impacts suspension lengths?  

• Thanks 1

And the goalie......was that necessary?

........I saw on a different video where their goalie (Binnington <_< ) also gave him a crosscheck after Bortuzzo’s two, but it was cut out of this video.

Edited by redhdlois

I think he should be removed from the NHL. He was clearly trying to injure the other player. If this was a regular place of work that kind of maliciousness would never be tolerated. Someone who lashes out like that over a penalty call doesn't deserve to play hockey.

Edited by taskicon

Bortuzzo has been healthy scratched multiple times this season - he has only played 11 or their 24 games.  Don't think it matters all that much for the Blues to be losing him for 4 games.  

This play pisses me off because it reminds me of the cross check that Boychuk put on Mason Raymond.  

On a sidenote, completely unrelated to this suspension, I've noticed in every game involving Nashville that they're diving and embelishing a lot this season.  

4 games is about right, could've even been 5.  The reason that you can't suspend based on the injury is that if Elias injures someone like a 7th defenseman on the Flames, it would be in their best interest to keep that d-man out as long as possible.  Especially more so in playoffs. 

• Upvote 1