The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Nov. 25, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

29 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Did you see the bag skate in training camp? The one our recovering high draft pick defenceman participated in?

Everyone bag skates in training camp. That's what training camps are for. I'm talking about the day to day regular season handling of pros.

4 minutes ago, Stelar said:

We have played the 3rd most road games in the pacific division. Not surprised the boys were flat. Guess they don’t get tired in Jr B 

When do the excuses stop and accountability set in?

Till then we’re a team like that, end of story.

I hope that most fans and posters still understand that this season was a "hope to make the playoffs, maybe" year.

It is very obvious that secondary scoring is an elephant in the room.

The Canucks can not expect to go through the rest of the season drawing an average of 5+ penalties a game nor can they or rather should they expect the goalies to maintain this level of play, game after game they are keeping the team within reach.

The last 4 games they scored exactly 4, FOUR even strength goals and one of them was into an empty net

This team is built to not be scored on, the goals have to come from the star players.

Injuries have not hurt the Canucks as much as people think, they eased up the cap allowing superior players to come up from Utica.

Now get ready, this team is capped out NOW, they have 150K of space and they are expecting over 10 million to be coming off LTIR, so more than Sven have to be demoted.

It could take, Sven, Eriksson, MacEwen, Graovac and Gaudette combined to make space and then leave almost nothing for trades.

That the team is still in a playoff spot right now is credit to the three point games and shows how hard it could be if they lost another three of five games and get behind.

Some Vancouver media, fans and posters keep stating how poor this game was, take an honest look at the last 8 games, there is maybe one good game there.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Everyone bag skates in training camp. That's what training camps are for. I'm talking about the day to day regular season handling of pros.

Maybe we should have bag skates Rousell as well then eh?  Idiotic to bag skate Juolevi. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Listened to Bissonette and Whitney on spittin chicklet's and all of them and the player they were talking too said they preferred playing back to backs than longer road trips. 

With those 2 there is one reason why 

.... less time to spend in the bar 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Firstname Lastname said:

What I don't get is how can super competitive guys like Bo and Petey who really hates losing, can stand a performance like that and do nothing about it?

What can they do?  Suddenly become a McDavid or Mackinnon to help the team score?  Or suddenly become a Ryan Reaves to hit or fight someone to create energy?  

1 hour ago, buddyguy said:

This team is the most bipolar team i've ever watched

Their playing style matches the temperament of the fans on CDC perfectly! :lol:

After a Win: Zomg! Our players are the best ever! We're going to win the Cup!

After a Loss: Zomg! Fire everybody! Blow up the team! They all suck!

1 minute ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Their playing style matches the temperament of the fans on CDC perfectly! :lol:

After a Win: Zomg! Our players are the best ever! We're going to win the Cup!

After a Loss: Zomg! Fire everybody! Blow up the team! They all suck!

At least @canuck2288 is consistent, he'd still beg for Green to be fired as the parade runs down Robson, cause Green didn't pick Main. :bigblush:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I think we need to free EP. he needs to shed Pearson as a winger and we need to move Brock to play with Bo 

Go Petey, Miller and Jake ...and Ferland when he is back 

That could be an effective forward line with all four of them.