The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Nov. 25, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

The good: Demko, JT Miller, Gaudette, Myers, Canucks' equipment guy for walking out with 17 seconds left to beat the foot traffic. 

The bad: Elias, Boeser, Virtanen, MacEwen, Louie, Pearson, Graovac, Horvat, Edler 

I don't even want to think about this game anymore.  Coach needs to send a message to the team.  Sit Edler out and put Fantenberg in for one game. Take Virtanen out for a game, he's gotten too comfortable in the lineup.  Loui should just get assigned to Utica as soon as we get one PKer back healthy.  

I'll say it again:  people don't realize how much we miss Tyler Motte, Sutter and Beagle.  

1 minute ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Erickson was our best forward tonight.

That's how bad it was.

p.s.---- Green needs to stop messing with the lines. Leave the Lotto Line alone as they're the only ones that consistently score.

Miller was our best forward tonight

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Tough one tonight. Demko was solid and kept it close. Miller was all over the ice and played a solid game. The rest played a poor effort. Thankfully, Roussel might be coming back soon since they just sent him for a conditioning stint. Boys need to learn from this one and move on to next game. GCG!

Green. Look for all those who think he's the guy. He can't get this team to go on a run.  He doesn't instill confidence.  He downplays their bad games.  And  where is the over the top balls out  leadership?  Where is even a little Pat Quinn in this guy? When do you ever think damn we have a helluva coach?

Not going to win a cup until we have a coach who is at least as good as our best players.  

• Cheers 2

What,7 shots in 2 periods.This game reminds me of the last 5 years.All the play was right against the boards.Bumped and turn it over.Petey and Boeser were god awful all night.The D held the puck like it was their newborn all night.Dump and chase was dump and turn over for all 60 minutes.I'm not holding hope as each game comes along this road trip.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

What else should he do? No other lines are scoring 5 on 5 Petey/Boes included. I'm thinking the final 4 forwards he had out was a message that the top 6 aren't getting it done enough 5 on 5.

no, Leivo is his pet, green really screwed up, he should have taken a time out and then he puts out two useless players at the end.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Also Green doing absolutely nothing to change things up and get some energy into his team. 

He was just as lethargic as everyone else.

" I thought we played good. We had some good looks. They're a heavy team. That's how hockey goes sometimes." ----Green (after every loss)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, b3. said:

Time to scratch Eriksson again, the whole team impersonated that paper weight tonight.

What is the record for the Canucks when Eriksson is in vs. out?  He may be a real swell guy. And good with his team mates. But he can't be great for the dressing room. Feeling sorry for a team mate is almost as disruptive as being pissed at him, I'd imagine. He's the 6 million dollar elephant in the room, who plays at the same speed as an elephant.

Edited by kilgore
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nuck-lifer said:

and players besides Demko got outplayed 

cant lay it all on the coach IMO

Philly took over and exploited our system. They were one step and thought ahead after the 1st when AV made adjustments. They shut our system down and made us eat it. Just like the 1st time around early in the season. We got lucky that game