On 1/5/2020 at 1:29 PM, Primal Optimist said:

carry forward: 189.

Fantasy Five! for January 9th 2020

Jets VS Bruins #####

#### Oilers VS Canadiens #

## Canucks VS Panthers ##

## Wild VS Flames ##
# Blue Jackets VS Sharks ####

I am breaking the tie and voting Canucks and Flames, wagering 26 chips from 189 leaves us 163 carry forward. Thank you to those who made selections: I will post Sundays for the Thursday Fantasy Five from now on; more time is better it seems.

Edited by Primal Optimist

22 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

I am breaking the tie and voting Canucks and Flames, wagering 26 chips from 189 leaves us 163 carry forward. Thank you to those who made selections: I will post Sundays for the Thursday Fantasy Five from now on; more time is better it seems.

also:

image.jpeg.3d3c84240aaa35005002e93fedb00d38.jpeg

Updates are done up to this point and will appear on Pickup in the morning, and team sheets later this evening.

On 1/8/2020 at 12:32 PM, Master Mind said:

Bolts place McCabe on IR: https://www.rotoworld.com/hockey/nhl/player/25539/jake-mccabe

Activate Copp from IR.

Looks like this move was missed.

23 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Waivers: The Arizona Coyotes waive Travis Boyd.

Assignment: the Arizona Coyotes assign Jansen Harkins in the meantime to make room

Activation: the Arizona Coyotes activate Drake Caggiula from IR. 

Claim: NSH places claim on Travis Boyd.

WAIVERS: NSH waives Colin Wilson.

• Cheers 1

With apologies, 

I was called away from my computer a few moments after posting the update image: updating now, up to THIS point. ; ) oopsies.

On the upside: we won 4 of our Fantasy Five games last night and added 46 chips to our stack! Current: 209 chips! (*if Vancouver also won we would have added about 160 chips)

image.jpeg.3d3c84240aaa35005002e93fedb00d38.jpegfor reals over the next hour: then eventually heading to a ROYALS game in Victoria tonight. woohooo! Portland Winterhawks are in town with extended family of mine on Defence... Still: GO ROYALS! haha

• Thanks 1

image.png.c22a45b4c1e1d7a0f6cd67cedd1da6aa.png

To @morrissex95 small.png : Michael Eyssimont, Evan Fitzpatrick, Reese Johnson

To @D-Money @Monty small.png : Future Considerations. 

Commish Commentary: Generally speaking we can't have future considerations of 'nothing' in return, however the FC in this deal is unachievable on purpose. MIN wanted to cut contracts from their organization and CAL desperately needed more depth, so this was win win with zero insider trading taking place. Note that CAL has a brand new GM which is the mediating factor I took into consideration. 

Logged and Posted!

@Stamkos

• Thanks 1

image.png.2de7dbf6714e2a3d29d4e4ad387c62f4.png

@Primal Optimist small.png Marcus Granlund cleared waivers and has been assigned to the minors, also @Rush17 small.png has claimed Travis Boyd from ARI via waivers.

@Art Vandelay small.png Loui Domingue cleared waivers and has been assigned to the minors. Adin Hill has been recalled to fill his position. 

There remains one player on waivers and so an update will arrive tomorrow morning. Cheers. This is included in the aforementioned UPDATE.

• Upvote 1

On 1/8/2020 at 9:32 AM, Master Mind said:

Bolts place McCabe on IR: https://www.rotoworld.com/hockey/nhl/player/25539/jake-mccabe

Activate Copp from IR.

jake McCabe is currently ineligible to go on IR. If you find a link describing at the very least a definite long term absence, or outright IR status in the NHL I will revisit this. As such Copp could not be added. If you clear space, I will then activate Copp, but please post all roster moves freshly if doing so. 

@Master Mind

Great Victoria Royals game tonight! Watched our team Canada Gold Medal winning netminder allow 1 in the third and then the newest Royal in his first game on the team scored in OT as the royals upset the winterhawks. Yeah!

There 15 Quigley jerseys there after the game on various relatives...great defensive D-man and Assistant Captain of the winterhawks ..a distant relative and good guy in his overage season  undrafted.

Now that I have learned more about draftpicklottery.com which is where we roll the teams for Clause LIsts, I wonder what everyone would think about a new weighted random roll beginning in July 2020 when the lists reset. 

Teams in your division would get 1 or 2 "balls" in the barrel, so to speak

Teams in your Conference would get 2, 3 or 4

Teams in the other Conference would get the most, 3,4, 5 or 6.

This would leave some possibility to further refine it so that teams who went deep in the previous years playoffs may get an extra ball, teams that didn't make the playoffs get one less ball..there are a few ideas I have with it to make the "random" draw more realistic while maintaining the random result, probably just the simpler version: 1 ball in div, 2 balls in conference, 4 balls in the other Conference? That may be the easiest on the executive, haha. 

Of course No Trade lists would be opposite. 

Thoughts? Good bad or ugly?

3 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Now that I have learned more about draftpicklottery.com which is where we roll the teams for Clause LIsts,

I like a good exec / commish that is involved, makes good judgement calls.  It does add to the drama & stress, time. Research is required? 

But makes for a better pool if willing to take it on.

Example, player in his prime, performing on a team with an NMC?  Why would he have a 3 team list. I watched a fantasy play off team allowed trade Henrik not Daniel? :wacko:

Example, same player 5 years later now on an 8 team NTC. Now on a rebuilding club, in press box more than playing & 4th line 8 min a game? Will go anywhere... 

Example, player waives for home town, or to play with brother, or junior coach who just got hired. But only one home town, signing / clause waive every few years per team.

Example, key players or rentals with value only top play off teams

Example, players will gravitate to GM's that win.

EXAMPLE; college and Euro rookies don't sign with the team that always trades their rookies. Just because they appear to have a role, because they always trade rookies!

It does extend across all components in being logical.

I don't like the roll dice concept. Just be consistent in the formula's.

But take the penalties away from playing in Winnipeg / Edmonton, or everyone wants to play in Sunny tax free Florida type bias's out. So the game is otherwise an even playing field. Just use good common sense. Also? New hires do not get grace. Why would a new hire get to flush Seabook's contract with 7 years left for example?  Therefore, negotiating contracts also requires sense. Fantasy GM's go overboard even more than real ones, don't also over insist on FULL NMC's for 8 years. Starts rolling down clauses as the term s longer. Have fantasy point formula's for re=signing RFA's. Sense across the board...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Example,  only one clause waive every few years per team.

Example, key players or rentals with value only top play off teams

Example, players will gravitate to GM's that win.

I see what your saying there. Some good ideas. My favourite one is 

only one home town, signing / clause waive every few years per team

Makes me consider in the offseason, if the GM's would like it, maybe full NTC and full NMC: no list at all but once a year each club may ask ONE player with such a clause to provide a 3 team list, with reasons for the request that the player will consider in deciding to give the list? just thinking out loud today for how to improve the league..but that seems a simple one if people like it. 

I dislike players with clauses gravitating towards GM's that win..that tilts them towards making best teams better over time: which would not be in the best interests of a long term league that wants to maintain some semblance of parity over many years. 

But saying that, I do LIKE the rentals only waiving for top level contenders..so its a tough balancing act. 

IMO the easiest solution is that players in the last year of their deals should consider all possible trades on a player agents evaluated basis while we retain the normal random function for NMCs throughout the rest of their contracts.