The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

EKL Fantasy Keeper League 2019-20 season

Primal Optimist

I personally feel like the NTC/NMC’s should be like the NHL. You come up with a deal and approach a player and offer reasons as to why they should want to go to the team, before submitting the trade. Be it Junior familiarity, hometown, winning, etc, there should be a reason why that player would want to move. 

49 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

I personally feel like the NTC/NMC’s should be like the NHL. You come up with a deal and approach a player and offer reasons as to why they should want to go to the team, before submitting the trade. Be it Junior familiarity, hometown, winning, etc, there should be a reason why that player would want to move. 

Speaking from experience, it’s better to have lists that are the same for everyone. That way there isn’t any sort of question of fairness or favouritism.

League Standings! on the 11sies (thanks to Rush17 for the +/- notation idea!)

Metro Division ~ ~ ~ Atlantic Division  ...

small.png 2054.5 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 2086.5.5

small.png 1679 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 1697

small.png 1513.5 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 1657.5

small.png 1590

small.png 1548

---------------------

small.png 1486.5 +1

small.png 1458.5 -1

small.png 1422.5

small.png 1340

small.png 1220

small.png 1219

small.png 1190.5

small.png 1017.5

Central Division ~ ~ ~ Pacific Division

small.png 2127 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 2140.5

small.png 1950 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 1935

small.png 1889.5 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 1739.5

small.png 1828.5

small.png 1715

--------------------

small.png 1679

small.png 1609 +1

small.png 1603 +1

small.png 1569.5 +1

small.png 1567 -3

small.png 1536

small.png 1483.5

Well, the west seems to be trying to prove its the best, but the east is still a beast. With about 45 days to go until the trade deadline and really only a small handful of clubs sinking out of playoff contention, it is really going to be a sprint finish. Team health will certainly be the pivotal issue for many, and for some clubs, waiver claims of players on expiring deals are a great way to replace hurt or KHL and AHL talent on your main squad.

Also: Half the league is now on the new sheets format and has had their contract trade clauses vetted and corrected where needed. This is going fast, relative to doing every cell on every teams sheet bit by bit...; ) 15 to go, and should be done between the allstar break and the 1st of Feb. 

;) plenty of time to the deadline after that! if your team sheet tab has a team colour on it (example: DET has a bright red line on the tab), your players with clauses should all be correct. Detroit is a bad choice of example: i am tecnically just starting it but will be done tonight. 

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Like 1

League Woes

Considering all the stuff I am finding and fixing from just one year of operation...

Brandon Pirri appears to have signed with the Sharks on July 3rd 2019 and is in fact on their team list right now

BUT he also signed with Detroit on Oct 6th 2019 for 100k less than his other deal..and is in fact on that team list right now too. 

I will fix it in the morning: but the Oct signing is likely going to have to be voided due to the same agent signing the same player to a different club 33 days earlier.

@Papa Sawce and @canuck2xtreme

All in all, while this is bad news for Detroit, I am happy this is the first one I have found like this in about half the league of looking. I bet he is on both pickuphockey rosters too, earning points! hahahaha...

sorry guys, don't shoot the messenger. Just finishing Detroits "clauses" hunt when i found the error..will finish up in the morning as I am done for the night. 

EDIT: Good morning! pleased to say this isn't such a huge deal as Detroit only registered 1 point with him, for some reason, I think because two teams have him at once it is messed up the points...but easy to fix on paper. Still a disappointment I am sure for one club. Sorry this happened. i will fix it after I talk to both GM's. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Jan 13th

Further info: I am almost done the Jets team sheet and two notable errors have been fixed: @inane.

Dion Phaneuf has two clauses. A full NMC prevents him being buried in the minors, and so his full contract has been moved back to the main club. Fortunately, the Jets were already being charged 5.975 million of his contract as buried salary, and they had the roster space available, so the team is still compliant to the cap and roster rules. Secondly, Felix Sandstrom is 23 years old and therefore was ineligible for the ELC slide back in october. He has had the slide removed and this year will count towards his contracted years. 

That is all for now: there is no action required by inane or his Jets, the sheets have been fixed. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Colorado is looking to make some moves send me a message here or on discord. I may be able to retain salary and/or take contracts back. Looking for picks and prospects, the following players are available:

small.png Derek Stepan (2 years @6.5) *willing to retain 50%

small.png Erik Haula (1 year @2.75)

small.png Justin Schultz (1 year @5.5) *willing to retain 50%

small.png Jean-Gabriel Pageau (1 year @3.1)

small.png Carter Verhaeghe (1 year @0.8)

small.png Brian Elliott (1 year @2.0)

small.png Tomas Nosek (1 year @1.0)

small.png Trevor Van Riemsdyk (1 year @2.3) *willing to move for 4th round pick

small.png Nick Shore (1 year @0.75) *willing to move for 5th round pick

Edmonton.png.c920f033a2b6ed5a5b96427e33848133.png Riley Sheahan (1 year @0.9) *willing to move for 5th round pick

Whew: 2/3rds of the league are on new format sheets and have had their clauses checked on UFA players. 1/3rd has had a full check done as well, but those are on hold until UFA clauses are checked and new formats are in place. I am pretty sure I can sum up this phase by next Wednesday. I keep saying it but thanks for your patience folks, getting there faster than i thought.

Rough order for the remaining sheets: Caps, Bolts, Nucks, Sens, then Oilers, Stars and Devils...then  Sharks, Habs    lastly Blackhawks, Kings, probably two a day till done? dunno till i get to it...night all! stay warm! 

cheers: now off for hot chocolate and a movie, cuz baby its cold outside!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Meant to do an update this morning and get three more clubs done on the sheets: but instead I shovelled for 4 hours and then got lazy. 

Update tomorrow AM and then hopefully a snowday to sit in the warm glow of my monitors and rip through three more teams sheets...tomorrow...for tonight it is time for WINE!

; p

sweet dreams all, i guess this is my 'day off'. hahaha

Side note: looking for a waiver tracker to come on board and settle in for February onwards.... light work really as the only busy period is Oct 1st..and maybe leading into the trade deadline late February

Applications accepted via cdc mail: Please CC me and Stamkos together if you wish to help a bit and can check in fairly regular from Oct to March..and less regular but often from March to October.

: )

So Florida making a little dent in the standings. 4th in Fantasy points MTD. 

And we will have some more today. Eberle starting to find a MoJo he has not has for a year or three? And doing it with Barzal, which is fantastic news. May cost us some money, signing Barzal this summer? But a good problem to have.

The big news is all the  extra goalie points this year. Bishop healthy & Tristan Jarry quietly leading the NHL in save % and GAA.  Already past our goalie points LY.

I dont know that the play off's looking like a possibility? Changes our rebuild outlook for the year.  But we may be standing pat, versus sellers at the deadline? Reward players like Chara & Pavelski who signed with us to help get us in the race...

• Cheers 2

Thursday's  Fantasy Five!!!

Got super busy shovelling yesterday and woke up to 15 more cm's out there...gonna let the rain kill that off over the next 4 days, hahaha....

which leaves me time to post the Fantasy Five and do an update.

As per usual: please reply with your picks for who will win these five games! I will then add up all the votes and make our communal selection...more people that do it, the better the outcome, so please do take part, its free and kind of fun...lol

Fantasy Five:

Calgary Flames VS Toronto Maple Leafs

Montreal Canadians VS Philadelphia Flyers

Vegas Golden Knights VS Ottawa Senators

San Jose Sharks VS Colorado Avalanche

Arizona Coyotes VS Vancouver Canucks

ALSO:  We have a trade to announce!!

image.png.c22a45b4c1e1d7a0f6cd67cedd1da6aa.png

To:  @Bombastik der Teutone small.png : Brendan Gallagher, Jimmy Vesey, Radim Simek, CJ Smith

To: @D-Money @Monty small.png : Bryan Rust, Charlie Coyle

logged and updating now, thank you guys, this will be reflected in time for todays games as the trade call was agreed to before the noon cutoff!

image.png.2de7dbf6714e2a3d29d4e4ad387c62f4.png

@Rush17 small.png Colin Wilson has cleared waivers and has been assigned to the minors dated the morning of the 11th

@Canuck Surfer small.png David Backes has cleared waivers and has been assigned to the minors dated the morning of the 12th

There are no outstanding players remaining on the waiver wire at this time. 

image.jpeg.3d3c84240aaa35005002e93fedb00d38.jpeg

Pickup should be up to date tomorrow morning, sheets in about an hour. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/14/2020 at 9:25 AM, Brock Botanen said:

Fox or Ekblad. Need a Dman in my fantasy league and both are available. I want Fox, but I'm having trouble passing on Ekblad lol

the Rangers AdamFox? Good young gun, wow! But Ekblad...WOW there too.

For me, I think FLA has the better shot at an afterlife this season, I think the Rangers goal differential says it all. +1 to FLA's +14.

EDIT: Washington done, just

Bolts,in the morning, then Nucks, Sens,  Oilers, Stars Devils Sharks, Habs Blackhawks, Kings 

to go!

3 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Fantasy Five:

Calgary Flames VS Toronto Maple Leafs

Montreal Canadians VS Philadelphia Flyers

Vegas Golden Knights VS Ottawa Senators

San Jose Sharks VS Colorado Avalanche

Arizona Coyotes VS Vancouver Canucks

Calgary

Philly

Vegas