The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

EKL Fantasy Keeper League 2019-20 season

Primal Optimist

31 minutes ago, JimLahey said:

Both Vlasic and Seabrook are available. Plenty of term on their contracts.

I'll go ahead and put Suter in play too.

We're offering up about 3 decades worth of contract here, exactly what Baer needs!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 11:55 AM, Primal Optimist said:

ALSO:  We have a trade to announce!!

image.png.c22a45b4c1e1d7a0f6cd67cedd1da6aa.png

To:  @Bombastik der Teutone small.png : Brendan Gallagher, Jimmy Vesey, Radim Simek, CJ Smith

To: @D-Money @Monty small.png : Bryan Rust, Charlie Coyle

Thanks to @Bombastik der Teutone for the smooth negotiations, and to @Primal Optimist for processing.

Pretty clear what this is: non-playoff players for playoff ones. Also cleared up a roster spot to activate Johnsson.

We paid quite a bit for Gallagher earlier in the year, and until recently it was paying off. The Habs have been free-falling out of the playoff race, and even Gally's regular season production has become spotty, as he's been out of the lineup a lot due to injury. Rust has been out-producing him, and we didn't have any Penguin players.

Simek has provided good value when he's been in the lineup. He's a sneaky-good player, who has had a surprising effect on the Sharks' record the last couple years (as of 2 weeks ago, over the last 2 seasons they've been 41-13-5 with Simek in the lineup and just 17-26-6 without him). But doesn't look like he's making the playoffs, and we didn't have room to extend him.

Fantasy Five:

209 chips in: wagered 26: 183 chips remaining

We wagered on: 

Calgary Flames WIN

Philadelphia Flyers LOSS

Vegas Golden Knights WIN

Colorado Avalanche WIN

Vancouver Canucks WIN

We are getting better at this! 4/5 won us 62 chips

chips out: 245

Grats Everyone!

There are no games: THursday the 23rd to Monday the 27th and so Tuesday the 21st is our NEXT Fantasy Five, get your picks in anytime before Noon Tuesday: the more that guess, the better!!

Tuesday January 21st: Fantasy Five:

chips in: 245

Golden Knights VS Bruins

Islanders VS Rangers

Jets VS Hurricanes

Penguins VS Flyers

Panthers VS Blackhawks

----------------------

In other news, just 6 teams still need to be moved to the new sheets and have clauses checked: I expect to be done by Sunday. After that I have decided to roll all clauses that have expired or not been rolled and privately mail them to each GM. This should all be done by Monday with plenty of time before the deadline for teams to recalculate for any surprises. 

Lastly: updated!

image.jpeg.3d3c84240aaa35005002e93fedb00d38.jpeg

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Cheers 1

With 4 clubs left to move to the new sheet format and check clauses on: 

One issue that cropped up twice has been fixed with the following remedy:

Joel Edmundson on Dallas was signed below his q.o. level for an RFA and as such his salary has been adjusted: since the new number is above cap and the issue was not the GM's fault: cap relief of 0.103 has been added to DALLAS sheets to compensate for the fixed error putting them over cap. @Baer.

Same thing happened in Philly with Gudbranson who signed a 2 year deal but somehow it ended up on their sheets as 1.5m. Fixed it but that put them over the cap by 0.052m. Relief was granted to their team sheet in that exact amount to bring them back into compliance for this season. @ThatMike

I continue to thank you all for your patience while I remediate the sheets. Working to make sure you all have time before the deadline to adjust if required, but these two fixes will survive until there is long term cap space on the clubs OR the end of the season, whichever comes first. In the event one of the four remaining clubs is along these lines: same fix will apply. 

EDIT: the san jose sharks had a couple players signed June 12th that were messed up in there RFA's as well. Fixed and applied the same relief as the other two. @canuck2xtreme

3 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

With 4 clubs left to move to the new sheet format and check clauses on: 

One issue that cropped up twice has been fixed with the following remedy:

Joel Edmundson on Dallas was signed below his q.o. level for an RFA and as such his salary has been adjusted: since the new number is above cap and the issue was not the GM's fault: cap relief of 0.103 has been added to DALLAS sheets to compensate for the fixed error putting them over cap. @Baer.

Same thing happened in Philly with Gudbranson who signed a 2 year deal but somehow it ended up on their sheets as 1.5m. Fixed it but that put them over the cap by 0.052m. Relief was granted to their team sheet in that exact amount to bring them back into compliance for this season. @ThatMike

I continue to thank you all for your patience while I remediate the sheets. Working to make sure you all have time before the deadline to adjust if required, but these two fixes will survive until there is long term cap space on the clubs OR the end of the season, whichever comes first. In the event one of the four remaining clubs is along these lines: same fix will apply. 

Edmundson didn't accept his qualifying offer I sent him an offer of 3M. If that makes a difference...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Baer. said:

Edmundson didn't accept his qualifying offer I sent him an offer of 3M. If that makes a difference...

He was re-signed June 2nd. He was still fully RFA at that point in time. So no it doesn't make a difference in this case. it was an error. Fixed, and with no penalty to you in that grace has been extended to cover the rest of this year. Thanks for understanding. I have applied the same principles to every club and every player I have looked at up to this point. Cheers.

League Announcement: 

Every Team now has the new sheet format, and clauses have been double checked and amended if needed.

I have updated the master lists of players with clauses per club and will work today to roll all the applicable lists that expired or were not rolled yet.

I will mail every GM in the EKL their clubs master list of clause lists over the next couple days. 

Note that I too can make mistakes, if you find one, message me

Will be taking a few days off after this mailout and a thread update.

P.O>

EDIT: Everyone now has their up to date clause lists and a little note. I am going to do an update early in the morning, and be AFK for a few days after that, but I will reply to any messages you send in about your lists, if you have questions. cheers all, it was a long haul but well worth it going forward on solid ground now. 

Cheers

P.O>

• Cheers 3

For those looking for the trade and waiver history pages, they have been moved to make the team sheets function faster and sleeker.

Between now and the trade deadline those sheets will re-emerge in a new link on the main page separate from the team sheets. 

This auxiliary google doc will have the following tabs on it: Trade Log, Waiver Log, Standings(updated every ten days), pickup moves tracker, player signings tracker, and what we have so far for a "UFA List" which I will use to move any players to from the team sheets as they are released, or not re-signed. you get the idea.

But for now, just an update and some days away from the keyboard so my fingers can cool off. 

:picard::metal::excl:

GAME ON!

• Cheers 1

On 1/17/2020 at 9:00 AM, Master Mind said:

Vegas

Isles

Jets

Pens

Hawks

you got'er! as the only vote, i went with your gut. Lets hope for luck! I was on the fence about going Canes and Panthers..but lets see where the chips fall!

chips in: 245, wagered: 26, chips out: 219 (we are treading water really on the season as we started with 250)

17 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

you got'er! as the only vote, i went with your gut. Lets hope for luck! I was on the fence about going Canes and Panthers..but lets see where the chips fall!

chips in: 245, wagered: 26, chips out: 219 (we are treading water really on the season as we started with 250)

Surprised I was the only one. Hawks have done well lately, so I like their chances.

Jets/Canes more of a coinflip.

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

Surprised I was the only one. Hawks have done well lately, so I like their chances.

Jets/Canes more of a coinflip.

more people will likely chip in on this mini game as i develop it. Whatever we end the season with minus the 250 starting chips  will tell us if we have a surplus or not at the end of the regular season. We are more likely to have a larger surplus with closer to 31 GM's voting each week, IMO. But its just a fun side project to see where we end up in this first year of the weekly mini game.  I have hopes it pans out well. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Well that didn't go so well, 1-4 haha

• Haha 2

@Papa Sawce and @canuck2xtreme : as described in a message today to both of you: Brandon Pirri, signed by SJS on July 3rd and then mistakenly by DET on Oct 6th, has had his contract with Detroit voided accordingly backdated to Oct 6th. Fixed on sheets and pickuphockey. On behalf of the entire league, sorry for the mistake. 

Updated. Anyone that wants to get their ELC signings done for next season: we can do that now, as it is by formula just send the names of who you wish to sign. Remember the 50 contract limit is in place. The formulas are in the CBA and copied here:

1st rounders: Salary

pick 1-5 : 3.75m

pick 6-10 :  2.75m

pick 11-20 : 2m

pick 21-31 : 1.75m

2nd rounders : 1.375m

3rd rounders : 0.950m 

4th rounders : 0.825m

5th rounders : 0.750m

These players generally are unsigned prospects from the inaugural draft, and their rights expire unless signed by the end of the season, due to the nature of "any age" in the inaugural draft, some of these guys are well past 20 years old, however they are all able to be signed to ELC's for next season to get the anomoly behind us. Note that by rule thees players real NHL draft position is what determines their ELC salary.