The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

EKL Fantasy Keeper League 2019-20 season

Primal Optimist

image.png.2de7dbf6714e2a3d29d4e4ad387c62f4.png

@JimLahey small.png Tobias Rieder has cleared waivers and been assigned to the minor league. 

@Caboose small.png Alan Quine has cleared waivers and been assigned to the minor league.

Signing.jpg.e0e4d69fd54d3d374c93cd6bc9ad7a12.jpg.c9a81b735460048e356233a73da0c9b4.jpg

@Gally small.png has inked Logan O'Connor to a one year deal worth 1.137m. He is waiver free and will be an RFA at the end of this year. 

He joins the Colorado Avalanche on the big club this morning. 

I believe I am caught up and pickup will show the changes tomorrow, thank you all. 

image.jpeg.3d3c84240aaa35005002e93fedb00d38.jpeg

Edited by Primal Optimist

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

League Announcement!

Gentlemen, put your hands together and welcome to the stage....

Canuck2Xtreme

Who will begin settling into the San Jose Sharks General Managers chair this morning. 

C2X: These guys are sharks, so My advice is to take it slow and advertise your available players and listen to all offers...oh who am i kidding, you taught me how to play keeper leagues. However; you will note that our CBA is very different in some areas. I am here to answer any questions as we go.

Working to fill Calgary, Philadelphia and Columbus over time, who are all compliant and in good standing. Thanks for your patience folks.

whuuuuut?? C2X  outside of CDCGML ?   Welcome :) 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Lets see how it goes...192 chips in the warchest

won 22!

Balance to next week: 214!

is that  kinda a prediction game?   for those who remember ... i hosted a nhl prediction game from 2007 ttill ....i forgot . this was pretty fun untill lots of members lost interest into this one. got htis from the sabres board in 2007  ..lo    great times  . if i should bring it back ...tell me 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

is that  kinda a prediction game?   for those who remember ... i hosted a nhl prediction game from 2007 ttill ....i forgot . this was pretty fun untill lots of members lost interest into this one. got htis from the sabres board in 2007  ..lo    great times  . if i should bring it back ...tell me 

well I am having incredible luck playing

the local government run sports lotto. I started the season with 250 dollars canadian and I have bet 5 games a day in hockey outcomes..using a bet called "the canadian" where you bet 1 dollar on each possible combo of the 5 outcomes...so there are 26 possible combos of the five games i pick a day...for 26 dollar bet. If i win 2 of 5 i get about 5 bucks back...3 pays around 20-30 depending on odds so that is the breakeven point...and if i win 4/5 or all 5/5 then it can be hundreds....

..so i have grown my pot this way since Oct 2nd over 4000 dollars canadian...and decided that for fun i would copy that style to a prediction game where we all say the guess: and majority wins...the whole EKL bets on the 5 outcomes on Thursdays....and i am using "play money" to keep track if we are winning or losing over time. 

I like it, but I don't want to make this part here a money thing..it is just for fun but using the same formulas form my real life bets. (4k in 2 months is really good: last night i got 4/5 wich included VEGAS making a comback in the 3rd period (i bet late) and won a couple hundred from a 4/5 bet)

So that is my explanation: again this one I do here is for fun only, but using the same principals as the one I play in real life. I credit Fantasy Hockey for 8 years in helping me to be okay at this form of gambling, hahahaha...its sweet to win. 

28 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

well I am having incredible luck playing the local government run sports lotto. I started the season with 250 dollars canadian and I have bet 5 games a day in hockey outcomes..using a bet called "the canadian" where you bet 1 dollar on each possible combo of the 5 outcomes...so there are 26 possible combos of the five games i pick a day...for 26 dollar bet. If i win 2 of 5 i get about 5 bucks back...3 pays around 20-30 depending on odds so that is the breakeven point...and if i win 4/5 or all 5/5 then it can be hundreds....

..so i have grown my pot this way since Oct 2nd over 4000 dollars canadian...and decided that for fun i would copy that style to a prediction game where we all say the guess: and majority wins...the whole EKL bets on the 5 outcomes on Thursdays....and i am using "play money" to keep track if we are winning or losing over time. 

I like it, but I don't want to make this part here a money thing..it is just for fun but using the same formulas form my real life bets. (4k in 2 months is really good: last night i got 4/5 wich included VEGAS making a comback in the 3rd period (i bet late) and won a couple hundred from a 4/5 bet)

So that is my explanation: again this one I do here is for fun only, but using the same principals as the one I play in real life. I credit Fantasy Hockey for 8 years in helping me to be okay at this form of gambling, hahahaha...its sweet to win. 

this would be just a fun thing  .. i ll lcheck out my google drive if there is somehting left from that prediction game ...  or may  a thread is left ....i l lcheck

Dec 1st Standings Update 

*Waiver Priority order reset on the 1st of each month*

Central Division ~ ~ ~ Pacific Division

small.png 1252 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 1301

small.png 1150.5 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 1141

small.png 1128.5 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~small.png 1066

small.png 1061.5

small.png 1050

--------------------

small.png 1030.5

small.png 1002.5

small.png 945

small.png 937

small.png 936.5

small.png 909.5

small.png 904.5

Metro Division ~ ~ ~ Atlantic Division

small.png 1230 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~small.png 1133

small.png 990.5 ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 1007

small.png 892.5 ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 1000.5

small.png 986

small.png 918.5

---------------------

small.png 877

small.png 858

small.png 856

small.png 844.5

small.png 809

small.png 713.5

small.png 710

small.png 642

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Dec 1st Standings Update 

*Waiver Priority order reset on the 1st of each month*

Central Division ~ ~ ~ Pacific Division

small.png 1252 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 1301

small.png 1150.5 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 1141

small.png 1128.5 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~small.png 1066

small.png 1061.5

small.png 1050

--------------------

small.png 1030.5

small.png 1002.5

small.png 945

small.png 937

small.png 936.5

small.png 909.5

small.png 904.5

Metro Division ~ ~ ~ Atlantic Division

small.png 1230 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~small.png 1133

small.png 990.5 ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 1007

small.png 892.5 ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 1000.5

small.png 986

small.png 918.5

---------------------

small.png 877

small.png 858

small.png 856

small.png 844.5

small.png 809

small.png 713.5

small.png 710

small.png 642

if i wouldnt have 3 or 4 injured players ...i stil lwould have a chance to sneak into the playoffs. but pearson alone cant do it ..lol

in the weak east i d be close to a post season spot though ... muhahahahah 

16 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

if i wouldnt have 3 or 4 injured players ...i stil lwould have a chance to sneak into the playoffs. but pearson alone cant do it ..lol

in the weak east i d be close to a post season spot though ... muhahahahah 

I was thinking about it while i was doing the update and IMO every team in the west has a shot at the post season still..with give or take 1000 points in 1/3rd the season the worst club in the west only has to make up 75 points over each of the next 1/3rd of the year...easy peasy!

The East is still pretty competitive in that really just the one club at the bottom seems destined to stay there, the rest don't have much work to do to make a push with 2/3rds of a year to go. 

That being said, lines are being drawn and clubs have made some determination about their future already as "buyers and sellers". 

My words of wisdom coming from years of bottom dwelling in another league: be danged sure your not selling your future in the rush to get some picks and prospects. It is very hard to find a top 6 young fella on a friendly contract, even if he isn't on an NHL playoff club..so selling yours to get a pick that you WON"T be able to pick a better player with may not be a good plan, right? Just something to consider as we enter in the phase I think of as Buyers and Sellers CLub. lol

On 11/27/2019 at 8:43 PM, Kobayashi Maru said:

The Anaheim Ducks re-instate Kris Letang and Adam Larsson from LTIR onto the active roster and send Dillan Dube and Jacob Larsson to the San Diego Gulls for some additional icetime.  No waivers required. 

@Primal Optimist

Hi @Primal Optimist, I don't think Larsson has been activated yet in the spreadsheet.  Assuming this would be retro to the 27/28th?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Hi @Primal Optimist, I don't think Larsson has been activated yet in the spreadsheet.  Assuming this would be retro to the 27/28th?

looked into it as part of this noon update and your right, I missed ADAM larsson completely cuz i was thinking Jacob Larsson was same guy...sorry for the mental error, fixed. 

image.png.2de7dbf6714e2a3d29d4e4ad387c62f4.png

@JimLahey small.png Jacob MacDonald has cleared waivers and has been sent down. 

There are no further waived assets at this time.

@Gally just investigating the Sheary points now..will resolve this afternoon. EDIT: Yes he did not get dropped from your lineup when he joined mine, this has been resolved and should show on pickup in the morning. 

Further to filling the Vacancies: all GM's will be happy to note that I have an Experienced GM deciding which club he would like to take over and a newer GM from the Canucks Talk section looking over available clubs as well. Calgary And Philly ought to be filled in the coming week. I am not filling CBJ on purpose until all the others have been filled, which should be done shortly. 

image.jpeg.3d3c84240aaa35005002e93fedb00d38.jpeg

• Upvote 2