The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

EKL Fantasy Keeper League 2019-20 season

Primal Optimist

2 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Weekly Wildcards!

We won 13 chips last week with 3 wins of 5 guesses, bringing our total to 201 coming into this weeks Fantasy Five!

Who do you think wins these matchups? 

Jets VS Red WIngs

Golden Knights VS Blues

Oilers VS Wild

Leafs VS Flames

Hurricanes VS Canucks

as always, I will only vote to break a tie, otherwise will cast my lot with the majority. lets go EKL!! Big WIns!

Jets

Blues

Wild

Flames

Hurricanes

Signing.jpg.e0e4d69fd54d3d374c93cd6bc9ad7a12.jpg.c9a81b735460048e356233a73da0c9b4.jpg

@Gally small.png has signed two current UFA's.

Lane Pederson has been inked to a one year deal worth 700k.

Olle Lycksell has been inked to a three year ELC worth 2.4 million (800k per year). He went undrafted in both years and with a '99 birthdate is eligible to be signed, by rule. 

Officially Logged and Posted: will do sheets at the next update. 

*Apologies to the Aves, these negotiations actually were finalized Saturday and in a rush I put off posting until the kind reminder this morning,

thanks for your patience and it is a good reminder for everyone to keep up with your teams page and notify me of any errors in a PM please!

• Cheers 1

Weekly Wildcards!

201 chips in

175 chips out after 26 chip bet.

#### Jets VS Red WIngs

# Golden Knights VS Blues ###

### Oilers VS Wild #

# Leafs VS Flames ###

# Hurricanes VS Canucks ###

I will break the tie with the Oilers, Flames and NUCKS.

Was really hoping to get more than 10 voters per week but it doesn't seem terribly popular, for a little once a week side game. I will keep it going as long as there is even one other interested person. haha. Sorry to those of you who don't like it, just scroll past each week, lol. 

Collective Choice:

JETS

BLUES

OILERS

FLAMES

CANUCKS

Edited to include Surfer's picks, our collective choices didn't change though. Thanks

Edited by Primal Optimist

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

Weekly Wildcards!

201 chips in

175 chips out after 26 chip bet.

## Jets VS Red WIngs

Golden Knights VS Blues ##

# Oilers VS Wild #

# Leafs VS Flames #

# Hurricanes VS Canucks #

I will break the tie with the Oilers, Flames and NUCKS.

Was really hoping to get more than 10 voters per week but it doesn't seem terribly popular, for a little once a week side game. I will keep it going as long as there is even one other interested person. haha. Sorry to those of you who don't like it, just scroll past each week, lol. 

Collective Choice:

JETS

BLUES

OILERS

FLAMES

CANUCKS

Jets

Knights

Oilers

Flames

Canucks

• Cheers 1

I am going to get two teams full roster done today for the next phase of draft info notes. Unsigned Prospects are done...now the huge job (but not really if i do two per time its only 15 times roughly) of building in the full remaining roster's player origin stories, haha...or at least who drafted them when. :wub::blush:rainy day labour of love

...oh look at that..first one is Anaheim, and the second one is Arizona! yay me.:metal:

strike that:  I am not even half done Anaheim. small errors mean I will need to double check the previous entries as I go. 

Looks like I will do a team every few days roughly. All will be up to snuff by end of season 2!! :gocan:

I am changing the font on each team to Calibri as I go, if you want to know when your teams done: it will be in a new font lol

Small League Announcement: Sheets Layout Change! Anaheim Edition.

Happy to say that I have finished the updates on Anaheim's teem sheet. It has been fully transitioned to the new format, which I hope is going to be phone friendly-er than the previous one, but also made some tweaks to the whole layout to make it easier on the updater to do the work faster.

It may take some getting used to, but please give it a shot. I will test it on my phone later today. I feel it is pretty comprehensive and includes the following:

~moves all the money items to the top half for ease of double checks after roster changes

~a total of 9 contract years has been added: (possible 8 year extension plus current year)

~eliminated the bottom right ELC Slide section...new style will simply insert ELC  into the relevant year of a contract line. easy peasy

~the final year of a contract for every player has a note with all the critical info on it for in case a field is accidentally wiped

~each player name has a note that tells how the player entered the EKL: draft year, round position as well as real life NHL draft info. 

~changed 'age' feature which was a script that seemed to corrupt a lot to simply "date of birth"..you can do the math if you want

~player ID still features red background if waivers required and green if not, with a note for how many games remain until waivers required (offseason updated)

~style changes like font/spacing/sizing et cetera which can be tweaked easily going forward to best suit phones

~draft picks that are traded away conditionally have a line through them and a note for each year's picks saying which ones are conditionally traded away

I think that is everything and now that Anaheim is done: A Big Thank You to @Kobayashi Maru as it certainly isn't fun to be first in this case... Rest Assured that I have first created a copy of the full team sheets as a backup in my files this morning, and I have ensured that your new team sheet is line for line the same as your sheet was prior to the layout change for values and totals. Cheers. See your discord chat with me for more info and to fire me any questions or point out any errors, thank you!

This will be a slow process but every club will get this makeover in the coming months. Stay Tuned!

Also: a GM Hiring will be announced in the coming days....watch for it!

Now off to see the Family after picking my Bro up flying in from Onterrible this afternoon! Catch you all tomorrow!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

The ANA.png.0c6be2116fb7192f7e9bc2fab18e4c0e.png @Kobayashi Maru has signed

Luca Sbisa - 1 year x 1.2M

Backdated to Oct 30

I think this was lost in the change over shuffle on the exec. Seems self explanatory: I will backdate him to the 30th of Oct. I have looked at your history on pickuphockey and you have had the space the whole time, I know because I can trace back down your trade history on pickuphockey and see it. Cheers, fixed. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I think this was lost in the change over shuffle on the exec. Seems self explanatory: I will backdate him to the 30th of Oct. I have looked at your history on pickuphockey and you have had the space the whole time, I know because I can trace back down your trade history on pickuphockey and see it. Cheers, fixed. 

Thanks Primal!

Florida should have high end representation & big overall numbers; a massive 9 players at the WJC's this year! Congratulations goes to the following players;

Ivan Morozov, expected top line Russian pivot

Grigori Denisenko, last years top scorer

Alexander Romanov, last years top D man!

David Gustafsson, Sweden 3rd line top match up pivot!

Tobias Bjornfot, maybe not the top fantasy D man, but Sweden's best overall rearguard?

Callen Addison, Canada's 7th D but a scoring threat!

Ty Smith, Canada's likely D minutes leader & will get PP time!

Trevor Zegras could compete with Denisenko for tourney points?

Jacob Lauko, Czech top line pivot 

• Cheers 1

Florida also creeping up the standings.  

Maybe we cant expect Tristan Jarry to score 3 shutouts and a win in his next 4 games? As he did the last 4...

But its nice to see.  We are still firmly a team rebuilding.  And rebuilding nicely as last post indicates. Happy with the year. At its outset we said we hoped to be 16th to 20. Would be thrilled if we scored a last play off spot!

^ My Belarusian prospect Alexei Protas is in the midst of a sweet Div 1A WJC-20 Tournament...he has put up 4 Goodies and 3 Apples in just 5 games there right now. 

Belarus pulled the biggest attendance of all teams playing on the days they played with the final game yesterday against Denmark drawing the tournament best 7002 bums in the seats! Highest scoring player on his club and 4th highest in the entire tournament.

Yaro LIkhavhyov is a Russian prospect but he isn't getting any international love this month, despite being a Point Per Game player in the Q.

John Farinacci is in Harvard and doing pretty well actually, lol. 4 goals, 4 assists in 10 games played. Could be worse lol

But alas, I was kind of all in last year despite it not paying off with hardware and so my unsigned prospects cupboard is a little bare. 

On 12/17/2019 at 10:55 AM, Canuck Surfer said:

Florida should have high end representation & big overall numbers; a massive 9 players at the WJC's this year! Congratulations goes to the following play

Alexander Romanov, last years top D man!

Whoops!

Look at me claiming credit for someone else's prospect! :lol:          

(Wrong pool, have him elsewhere, he's on @JimLahey's team)  Maybe we can talk trade!

Still; Eight is pretty good? 

I dbl checked this time...

• Cheers 1