The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former player accuses Flames head coach Bill Peters of using racial slur -- Peters resigns

Rate this topic

Peters will never coach another NHL game, and might have trouble getting another gig in North America.

Maybe the KHL "could" take a shot at him, but its only a matter of hours until Calgary officially fires him. This has been corroborated by too many people.

He's done like US Thanksgiving Turkey!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Peters will never coach another NHL game, and might have trouble getting another gig in North America.

Maybe the KHL "could" take a shot at him, but its only a matter of hours until Calgary officially fires him. This has been corroborated by too many people.

I don't see him getting hired in any league...

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 1

As I posted yesterday about the Flames history of hiring hard nose coaches. The style of play was often reflected in their choices. Player coaches have had a very short leash in Cowtown. 

The Flames management has very much the same style right up to the owner. 

My way or the highway. 

Part of the reason I hate the Flames and I don’t mean the players themselves. 

The longer the Flames wait to fire Peters the worse it looks. 

Edited by spur1

8 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

That's why he's fighting so hard to get paid out. He knows he's not getting another paying job.

Maybe he could be an assistant in the ECHL.

L:lol:L

Edited by nuckin_futz

1 hour ago, stawns said:

that kind of thing is dickish, but doesn't bother me that much..........a lot of player respond to those kinds of coaches.  When I was playing Jr A we played in Penticton and as a 16 year old it was a game I watched form the stands.  We lost and everyone had to wear their stinky equipment home on the bus and then run stairs for a full hour when we got back.........we finished running around 3am.  I didn't play, but still had to dress in Penticton, wear my equipment back and run the stairs when we got home.  We hated the coach for that, but we went on a 15 game win streak after that, the longest in BCJHL history at the time. 

Brian Barrett??

Flames and Peters have 3 million reasons why this "Firing" is taking some time to execute........  Lawyers and more lawyers.............. $$$$$

Peters needs to cash out on this last coaching gig for him.....  

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

He buried a viable prospect in the ECHL as retribution. All he should do is apologize? Seriously?

Never mind what he did to Aliu. What he did to the Blackhawks organization was a serious dereliction of duty. His job was to groom all viable prospects. He took a viable prospect and buried him for the sake of his ego. Stan Bowman is on record as saying he knew nothing of the locker room music issue. Just that Peters made the case he didn't want Aliu and that he was a problem. Turns out Peters was even more of a problem.

"All he should do is apologize".

LOL

Yeah, seriously.  It happened 10 years ago.  There is no way you can demonstrate that AA's career was severely impacted by being sent down nor need to because of the time.

Do you know that this isn't the first time a player was demoted/traded/waived/benched/not played because a coach didn't like him.  

If you think an apology is insufficient than what kind of remedy do you expect from Peters?  Try thinking a bit while you are moralizing.  

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, samurai said:

Yeah, seriously.  It happened 10 years ago.  There is no way you can demonstrate that AA's career was severely impacted by being sent down nor need to because of the time.

Do you know that this isn't the first time a player was demoted/traded/waived/benched/not played because a coach didn't like him.  

If you think an apology is insufficient than what kind of remedy do you expect from Peters?  Try thinking a bit while you are moralizing.  

Way to ignore the vast majority of my post and just reply to the part you felt like.

Peters is getting fired and not getting another gig because no team will ever trust him not to put his own selfish interests before that of the organization. What he did was injurious and detrimental to the Blackhawks organization. He took a potential asset and flushed it for personal reasons. At the very least AA was proving he was a competent AHL level pro. That is worth at least something asset wise. Send him to the ECHL and the value of that asset becomes zero.

Perhaps it is you who should try thinking a bit.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Way to ignore the vast majority of my post and just reply to the part you felt like.

Peters is getting fired and not getting another gig because no team will ever trust him not to put his own selfish interests before that of the organization. What he did was injurious and detrimental to the Blackhawks organization. He took a potential asset and flushed it for personal reasons. At the very least AA was proving he was a competent AHL level pro. That is worth at least something asset wise. Send him to the ECHL and the value of that asset becomes zero.

Perhaps it is you who should try thinking a bit.

there are management teams the oversee an organization.  coaches are but one part of it - yes even in the AHL. 

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Bill Peters' letter to Brad Treliving:

EKbK88_WkAETedM?format=jpg&name=large

Not nearly good enough.   For him to think he is worthy of continued employment, in any capacity, clearly shows how pitiful of an excuse for a man he is.  Literally any organization with an iota of respect would be firing this scumbag without a second thought.  I'm sickened that he had the audacity to not resign.

2 hours ago, samurai said:

I expect him to never work again, as he is unfit for employment in any capacity.  Maybe he should have thought a bit before he showed himself to be a bigoted waste of oxygen.