The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former player accuses Flames head coach Bill Peters of using racial slur -- Peters resigns

Rate this topic

23 minutes ago, J-23 said:

And? Wtf even is your point here, he (allegedly) still said the n word, whether he was referring to akim or the music.

These forums sometimes :picard:

I think it’s more than just saying that word.  It’s using that word in association with something that he doesn’t like - that n music.  He’s basically calling everyone who listens to that type of music the worst word he could think of, which fir him is the n word.  Seriously wouldn’t most normal people say “stop playing that fu**ing music” as their go to worst word?   It’s all about Peters being mad at the player and wanting to say the most insulting word he could.  What world is more insulting to a black person than the n word?  I don’t know if Peters is racist, but he sure is one nasty person.  

• Like 1

Bill Peters will be fired before lunch time tomorrow. 

Flames just want to make sure they can fire him and terminate his contract.

Bill Peters will be fired by mid day tomorrow and will never coach in the NHL again.   He deserves to be fired. Totally unacceptable conduct by him  that just tarnishes our great game.  

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Good god, man.  Is it really that hard for you to understand this?  Do you think it's fair for a boss to bully his employee and use racial slurs?  Do you honestly not get why an employee would be quiet about this for some time?  If your boss racially abused you and used his power to keep you quiet, there is no shame in exposing that kind of garbage behaviour.  Everybody would understand why you kept quiet - because he was your goddamned boss.

Seriously.  So dense.

Good god man, do you have to result in attacking people because someone has a different opinion than you? You can say I am dense for not seeing things your way but at the same time, I can say the same about you. It's interesting how you can advocate for the bullying of racial slurs yet you do the same when others don't see things your way. Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

• Like 1