The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former player accuses Flames head coach Bill Peters of using racial slur -- Peters resigns

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I think the wrongfulness of that word predates SJWs...

Some people have lost their ability to separate virtue signalling SJW stuff from things that are actually problematic. 

Usually the people that have a problem with calling others out when it comes to something like this are ones that do it themselves but won't admit to it.

15 minutes ago, Ur a Towel said:

Usually the people that have a problem with calling others out when it comes to something like this are ones that do it themselves but won't admit to it.

Not sure that's always the case.

Edited by PhillipBlunt

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not sure that's always the case.

Not always no, of course not. I did start off by saying usually.
I do agree that it does go way too far at times and over some pretty small things, however I think it's completely warranted in cases like this. 
There is a reason why I tend to stay away from Social Media though so I'll leave it at that

7 minutes ago, Monty said:

And again, this is where things continue to get muddled. Now again, I can’t state enough that I don’t side with Peters when using “that word”.

However, in his initial statement, Aliu said that Peters never apologized. Now, Aliu is staying that the statement was, “misleading, insincere, and concerning.” Misleading and concerning, sure. Insincere? Well, that’s on him if he believes it’s insincere. However, it is also “misleading” to say in his initial statement that Peters never apologized, and he wouldn’t have brought it up had he done so initially. Well, now we’re hearing different.

So, while Aliu might be 100% correct in his response now that Peters is “misleading” in his statement, unfortunately Aliu was also misleading in his initial statement, which unfortunately, doesn’t help.

why does Akim also need a lawyer, maybe a lawsuit? 

4 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

All of these people need to be held accountable. No where to run, no where to hide. Stop protecting them and their past. More players need to speak up

very much in agreement wit this. Hockey, like every other sport and industry, has some nasty things in its past that need reconciling. Lets get it out now, deal with it and move on. Hockey will be better for it. 

• Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, Ur a Towel said:

Not always no, of course not. I did start off by saying usually.
I do agree that it does go way too far at times and over some pretty small things, however I think it's completely warranted in cases like this. 
There is a reason why I tend to stay away from Social Media though so I'll leave it at that

Based on what evidence though?