The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Do you think Canucks need new coaching staff?

Rate this topic

Roberts

Canucks Coaching Staff Poll  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

What happened to my post?  This thread got merged and my witty comments disappeared.... weak.

No shiat?..

Totally different post and question.

Who do people that want a coaching change suggest as their replacement? 

Real world question 

12 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

wadda ya mean Why? From the Poll, half of cdc are demanding TG be fired.

asking them what their solution is WHY

still want to know why? cdc is strickly opinions not always based on sound judgement. losing, makes people cry change. 

• Cheers 3

22 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

still want to know why? cdc is strickly opinions not always based on sound judgement. losing, makes people cry change. 

My question remains:

For the cdc people crying for change, offer a replacement suggestion for the change they are crying over.

Thats why 

9 hours ago, Timråfan said:

You only have so much time. More than one quality coach means that the head coach can relax and look at other aspects. 

I don't think it's problem. 

Greens position is wanted by those who want to work with a hot team on the rise. 

A big No to him. 

He was talking of an in-season replacement - in the off-season there will be candidates but not with the season underway as teams are unlikely to want to let them go and disrupt their own team.  

Edited by mll

it’s just that, everytime the team struggles, fans want a new coach or players or gm’s. i doubt there is a coach alive who can play the game for his players. musical coaches never works. i remember AV, going through these kind of things and eventually turned the team around. give the guy that opportunity. fans?

• Cheers 3

Just now, smithers joe said:

it’s just that, everytime the team struggles, fans want a new coach or players or gm’s. i doubt there is a coach alive who can play the game for his players. musical coaches never works. i remember AV, going through these kind of things and eventually turned the team around. give the guy that opportunity. fans?

It worked for St Louis and Pittsburgh to promote their assistant coach - Brown or Baumgartner.  

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Well, I suppose Bill Peters is now available.

Hehehe, crap i laughed my ass off

But seriously,  how many cdc rant n ravers calling for firing the coach (s)  and yet they have not the slightest idea of what that implies and have NOT 1 suggestion as to who would replace 

42 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i prefer to keep green. at least till season’s end. how is that for a suggestion?

Really don't see much point in making a change unless a very good proven coach becomes available and the team is still struggling.  A lot of bluster here but not many suggestions on who we could have instead....we win hes fine ... we lose he needs to go.   Its a young team (although Miller is the MVP so far, by quite a margin), when the vets get back things will settle down and we should see some more consistentcy.   JB wants to see how the team does when most of the lineup is back before making any trade decisions .... it is fair to say that the same thing goes with TG.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Really don't see much point in making a change unless a very good proven coach becomes available and the team is still struggling.  A lot of bluster here but not many suggestions on who we could have instead....we win hes fine ... we lose he needs to go.   Its a young team (although Miller is the MVP so far, by quite a margin), when the vets get back things will settle down and we should see some more consistentcy.   JB wants to see how the team does when most of the lineup is back before making any trade decisions .... it is fair to say that the same thing goes with TG.  

I think you're right on this, including TG. If you look in the most recent JB Sportsnet thread, he does say the solutions to our problems need to come from within. I'd say that also applies to TG as well. 

• Cheers 1