The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Pens 27/11/2019 - 4PM Pacific - Live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

21 minutes ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

Hope they slot Goldy back with Pettersson. He creates a lot of space for Petey 5 on 5 with his little passing plays and creativity. Put Miller with them and watch the magic. 

Miller-Pettersson-Goldobin

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Virtanen-Gaudette-Leivo

Schaller-Graovac-MacEwan

This is what I'm thinking.

Edited by aliboy
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

Hope they slot Goldy back with Pettersson. He creates a lot of space for Petey 5 on 5 with his little passing plays and creativity. Put Miller with them and watch the magic. 

Miller-Pettersson-Goldobin

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Virtanen-Gaudette-Leivo

Schaller-Graovac-MacEwan

Hopefully Sutter is back in for Graovac

Baer got 6 or 7 games, didn't do much, he had his chance and I suspect he won't be back. Hopefully Green gives Goldy a chance to play in the Top 6 for more than a couple of shifts, and doesn't relegate him to the 4th line to prove he can play defence. And hopefuly, Goldobin takes advantage of this opportunity and shows he belongs here.

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

PREGAME | Nikolay Goldobin

Really hoping for fireworks from Goldy...

It's very refreshing to hear this interview. Head down and work harder... hopefully he can do it this time... He definitely has the ability.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

If the team played with the same intensity and tenacity, I can't imagine us losing vs Flyers who didnt look on par with Nash/ Wash. 

We came out flat and ended the game the same way. 

At least against Nash/ Wash, we went balls deep and competed hard. (With like 4-5 regulars missing in our lineup)

But I agree goalies played a big part in all of those games.

But losing/ winning after giving it our best vs playing a passenger are two vastly different things that are hard to go unnoticed. 

If the injuries are an excuse then Pittsburgh might as well not show up, they are/were missing core players, Crosby, Schultz, Bjugstad and Letang (just returning) compared to Roussel and Sutter. The missing "regulars" on this team, while still a fragile team, are not on the same value level, now if Canucks were missing Pettersson and Edler or Tanev then a comparison might be close. But Pittsburgh won even more games with those out.

Early in the season, every player was rested and the team healthy, it didn't hurt that they had the easiest schedule either but now this is just normal, injuries and other teams stepping it up as they gell, the shear number of times this group is getting schooled indicates that maybe their system has been cracked.

Another possibility is that the NHL has given so many PP's, 20 more than the next team, and they have been scoring on the PP, that the team is just playing not to lose when 5 on 5

Young guys like Jake and the young guys get benched if they are caught out of position, they can see that as the games goes on, so they are conservative in committing to the forecheck so they are in position defensively. Constantly questioning a players position can cause a loss of confidence and they play thinking what they should do.

4 minutes ago, xereau said:

What a stupid s-show going on in Calgary!

Why are they dragging Peters' firing out?

They need to get it done and move on.  There is just no excuse for that kind of thing especially in this day and age.

8 minutes ago, xereau said:

What a stupid s-show going on in Calgary!

Why are they dragging Peters' firing out?

My guess is the lawyers of the team, league and Peters are trying to find the path out of it.  Calgary can't really fire him for that incident I don't think, so they are probably trying to convince him to resign

35 minutes ago, luckylager said:

They're trying to can him without enraging all the racist dimwits in Cowtown, which is easily half the population.

Give me a break. Racism in Calgary is no different than racism in the Lower Mainland. Ridiculous comment.

Edit: ok...you were just giving the gears to cowtown....my bad lol.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

If the injuries are an excuse then Pittsburgh might as well not show up, they are/were missing core players, Crosby, Schultz, Bjugstad and Letang (just returning) compared to Roussel and Sutter. The missing "regulars" on this team, while still a fragile team, are not on the same value level, now if Canucks were missing Pettersson and Edler or Tanev then a comparison might be close. But Pittsburgh won even more games with those out.

Early in the season, every player was rested and the team healthy, it didn't hurt that they had the easiest schedule either but now this is just normal, injuries and other teams stepping it up as they gell, the shear number of times this group is getting schooled indicates that maybe their system has been cracked.

Another possibility is that the NHL has given so many PP's, 20 more than the next team, and they have been scoring on the PP, that the team is just playing not to lose when 5 on 5

Young guys like Jake and the young guys get benched if they are caught out of position, they can see that as the games goes on, so they are conservative in committing to the forecheck so they are in position defensively. Constantly questioning a players position can cause a loss of confidence and they play thinking what they should do.

Never said the injuries are an excuse. 

I just compared the players' intensity with more desperation vs Nash/ Wash vs lackluster effort vs Flyers.

It was quite evident as even the casters often pointed out the Nux players being outcompeted with feet not moving on Sportsnet. 

If we pull the goalie and have everyone standing still while Flyers blasts the puck at our empty net multiple times, that's not the same kind of intensity we showed vs Nash / Wash.

I just quoted ur saying that our plays vs Nash/ Wash wasn't much better because I found that statement very wrong. 

If we played like we did vs Nash/ Wash and still lost 2-1, I wouldnt have had any problem with the players but the coaches. 

Sadly, such was not the case. 

And I disagree. Sutter and Rouss aren't the only missing regulars in our lineup. Unless u wanna do a blind eye on Beagle and Ferland and possibly Motte.

That's why I said 4 to 5 missing regulars instead of 5. 

Not sure how easily people fault the system when we have to juggle lines with different players going in and out of the lineup in a team whose cores are so quite young. 

We have shown bad managements of our leads. Linking it to how NHL gave us a number of PP opportunities is a reach. There were a lot of missed call on us and we are not a very physical team without our vets. 

And I disagree with ur "Theory" of how JV's plays are impacted. He rather gets benched if he doesnt play with the intensity that makes him an effective NHLer. When he plays hard with puck on his stick, I saw him get rewarded/ promoted plenty of times. When he plays passenger and just watched the puck, he gets demoted. Simple hockey logic that's present in any other NHL teams. If u dont show up to play, someone else can. 

Edited by LowerMainLander18