The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Pens 27/11/2019 - 4PM Pacific - Live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

7 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Never said the injuries are an excuse. 

I just compared the players' intensity with more desperation vs Nash/ Wash vs lackluster effort vs Flyers.

It was quite evident as even the casters often pointed out the Nux players being outcompeted with feet not moving on Sportsnet. 

If we pull the goalie and have everyone standing still while Flyers blasts the puck at our empty net multiple times, that's not the same kind of intensity we showed vs Nash / Wash.

I just quoted ur saying that our plays vs Nash/ Wash wasn't much better because I found that statement very wrong. 

If we played like we did vs Nash/ Wash and still lost 2-1, I wouldnt have had any problem with the players but the coaches. 

Sadly, such was not the case. 

It is the road, maybe they thought they could sit on the tie and wait for OT or the SO.

I think that the Canucks might get a can of whoop as$ opened on them today, Pitts is a dog fight for a playoff spot and most US teams and fans are now aware of the turkey day curse. In on turkey day, 80% chance in the real season.

For the Canucks I think what happens in the next three games, they HAVE to win two of them and not let Edmonton have any points.

2 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

It is the road, maybe they thought they could sit on the tie and wait for OT or the SO.

I think that the Canucks might get a can of whoop as$ opened on them today, Pitts is a dog fight for a playoff spot and most US teams and fans are now aware of the turkey day curse. In on turkey day, 80% chance in the real season.

For the Canucks I think what happens in the next three games, they HAVE to win two of them and not let Edmonton have any points.

I'm not sure why it has to be a Canuck deficiency rather than giving full credit to the Flyers for playing an almost flawless AV style game.  AV's systems are tough to crack when the team is firing on all cylinders the way the Flyers were

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

Hope they slot Goldy back with Pettersson. He creates a lot of space for Petey 5 on 5 with his little passing plays and creativity. Put Miller with them and watch the magic. 

Miller-Pettersson-Goldobin

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Virtanen-Gaudette-Leivo

Schaller-Graovac-MacEwan

At last Boeser with Horvat again.

At last Goldy with Elias.

Pure Rocket Science right, Green deserves a win before the game even starts, maybe he just ran out of combinations?

This has been odd, Boeser and Horvat played great together, Pettersson and Goldy played very good together, so there is a decision last December to split them up for half a year?

So is it genius to put them back together?

Or idiotic that they were ever split?

Third line is a hmmm, Gaudette doesn't pass.

3 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

That's a terrible thing to do in this league. And our young players gotta learn. 

Even before sitting on the lead, there were a lot of blind pass/ turnovers.. etc. Just sloppy.. standing still watching the puck carrier skate around them.

I agree it will be a tough game as Pens are riding their 2 game winning streak. And it seems like they re playing even better without their stars. 

If we play like we did vs Washington, I wouldnt mind the result too much because it will likely be a tight, competitive game in which our young cores can learn and get better.  

Actually, if they revert back to our preached, team culture of being the hardest working team, I pretty much like our chances to come out with 2 points tonight. 

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm not sure why it has to be a Canuck deficiency rather than giving full credit to the Flyers for playing an almost flawless AV style game.  AV's systems are tough to crack when the team is firing on all cylinders the way the Flyers were

Flyers played well. No doubt but it had to do with their desire, winning puck battles in the corner and keeping the feet moving. 

And they are not a bad team to be honest.

But it's baffling how people overlook our effort last game. 

Firing on all cylinders isnt exactly how u describe ANY hockey system by the way. AV did a good job but I wouldnt glorify his job in that game. 

Flyers kept it simple, got the puck in our zone, and outworked us in our zone, trapping Petey's line in our D zone quite often, defending. 

We stood still upon entering their zone, got checked, threw blind passes, coughed up the puck -> Turnover. 

Casters during the game, players after the game all pinpointed the issue being they didnt play hard enough. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Baer got 6 or 7 games, didn't do much, he had his chance and I suspect he won't be back. Hopefully Green gives Goldy a chance to play in the Top 6 for more than a couple of shifts, and doesn't relegate him to the 4th line to prove he can play defence. And hopefuly, Goldobin takes advantage of this opportunity and shows he belongs here.

Can't find the stats but I think Baer only got a couple of games.  Gauds hasn't scored since Baer was benched either has he ?  Correct me if I'

m wrong

13 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Flyers played well. No doubt but it had to do with their desire, winning puck battles in the corner and keeping the feet moving. 

And they are not a bad team to be honest.

But it's baffling how people overlook our effort last game. 

Firing on all cylinders isnt exactly how u describe ANY hockey system by the way. AV did a good job but I wouldnt glorify his job in that game. 

Flyers kept it simple, got the puck in our zone, and outworked us in our zone, trapping Petey's line in our D zone quite often, defending. 

We stood still upon entering their zone, got checked, threw blind passes, coughed up the puck -> Turnover. 

Casters during the game, players after the game all pinpointed the issue being they didnt play hard enough. 

Exactly. There was little to no urgency in the Canucks game against Philadelphia.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, stawns said:

It was both. And Green was massively outclassed.

Edited by xereau

58 minutes ago, luckylager said:

They're trying to can him without enraging all the racist dimwits in Cowtown, which is easily half the population.

Hey, sometimes it is the taken in context. Do you think that when somebody gets angry and says I am going to kill him they are serious? Sure why not there are millions of murders every year in Canada.

All coaches use questionable language to adults to motivate them, even Father Bauer. If they said F u do you think they really meant it? Just listen on the ice during a game, they swear at each other, maybe that needs to be a penatly too eh?

Edited by ItTakesAnArmy
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Goldie strikes me as the type of kid that would wait an extra 10 seconds to hold the door for you if he saw you coming, let alone hold the door.

He is a Russian “beauty” imo

every exchange with media has been totally pro despite how ridiculous the questions are.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Went for my physio appt today, while making small talk we talked about canucks and he asked me how Brock BAASER was doin....ffs:picard:

On your next appt, while he's working on your neck you can manipulate HIS mouth ... stretch out the two sides... and voila... you have the 'eh' sound in Boeser!  Problem fixed!

2 hours ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

Hope they slot Goldy back with Pettersson. He creates a lot of space for Petey 5 on 5 with his little passing plays and creativity. Put Miller with them and watch the magic. 

Miller-Pettersson-Goldobin

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Virtanen-Gaudette-Leivo

Schaller-Graovac-MacEwan

that 4th line looks questionable to say the least

need Beagle and Motte back