The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Pens 27/11/2019 - 4PM Pacific - Live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

7 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Funny, cause Leivo and MacEwen never play like this but have been getting better opportunities. Why is Jake held to a different standard than other players? Even at Jake's worst he isn't hurting the team. The number of times people here complain about Leivo messing something up is crazy. The biggest complaints about Jake are "why isn't he Tom Wilson-ing players" "why isn't he Todd Bertuzzi". He rarely ever hurts the team yet players like Leivo are given free range to bumble play after play after play. Leivo is used on the PP and in OT and he still has 2 goals on the season. What has he done to warrant more looks than Jake? Is being consistently meh/bad better than occasionally being great like he has been tonight? I dunno man, just funny Jake is held to this god tier standard whereas worse players are given more freedom.

I like Jake but he's got some work to do.

PITB Daniel  Dennis Orr  8 hours ago  edited

Virtanen's demotion is much more his own doing: when he's been on the ice at 5-on-5 over the last 10 games, the Canucks have been out-scored 9-2. That's the worst goal differential among Canucks forwards, tied with Tim Schaller, who has also been playing limited minutes.

While I don't tend to put much stock in goal differential over short samples, coaches do, and it could well be that Green has seen specific instances of Virtanen contributing directly to that poor goal differential with his defensive play.

I'd rather Sven was playing over several players currently in the line up but I'm not the coach or GM