Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver/Ottawa

Ottawa gets 

Stetcher $2.3 million 

Virtanen  $1.25 million 

Lockwood 

Vancouver gets 

Pageau $3.1 million 

Ottawa does this because they get a top 4/5 defenseman for their lineup, with Virtanen to play on their 3rd line and Lockwood a good prospect for the future that Ottawa needs more of and who most likely will not sign with Vancouver anyways with their glut of forwards in the Canucks system.

Vancouver does this to get that secondary scoring winger to play with Horvat at a good price and can move on from Leivo and Pearson next season with Pageau who can move up and down the lineup and has scoring touch and is an energy player that plays both ends of the rink. 

let’s hear everyone rip this one apart 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

I don't want to trade Virtanen.

Our patience is finally paying off. Virt is looking like a 20 goal scorer who can play physically. 

He's the type of guy you want in the lineup when this team makes the playoffs.

I would take Pageau over Virtanen any day with Virtanen doing his disappearing act in half of the games he plays. He’s just too inconsistent 

• Wat 1

47 minutes ago, mll said:

If they don't extend him, would think that Ottawa will try to convert Pageau into draft picks towards their rebuild at the TDL.  He is an upcoming UFA and teams will be looking to add for the playoffs.

Probably true, but if we can beat them to the punch with an offer the Sens can't refuse then I'm all for it.

On November 27, 2019 at 5:54 PM, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Ottawa gets 

Stetcher $2.3 million 

Virtanen  $1.25 million 

Lockwood 

Vancouver gets 

Pageau $3.1 million 

Ottawa does this because they get a top 4/5 defenseman for their lineup, with Virtanen to play on their 3rd line and Lockwood a good prospect for the future that Ottawa needs more of and who most likely will not sign with Vancouver anyways with their glut of forwards in the Canucks system.

Vancouver does this to get that secondary scoring winger to play with Horvat at a good price and can move on from Leivo and Pearson next season with Pageau who can move up and down the lineup and has scoring touch and is an energy player that plays both ends of the rink. 

OMG I would never make this trade for Jean Pageau 27, 5'10 -175 lbs small forward having his 2nd good pro season after 6 year in league...

2014-15  50GP 19PTS

2115-16  82GP - 43 PTS

2016-17 82GP - 33PTS

2017-18 78GP - 29PTS

2018-19 39GP -12 PTS

2019 -20 GP 24 - 19PTS

Would never give up Jake for this player small 27yrs old...We don't need this player and look at his stats? Last year 39GP only 12 points ..

We don't need small player like this..Already have 6 player higher on depth chart then him..Jean would be a bottom 6 guy in Vancouver..

If you want to trade Jake get a young prospect back....Some team will make a offer for him but inconsistent,  so big pass...

Edited by wildcam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

OMG I would never make this trade for Jean Pageau 27, 5'10 -175 lbs small forward having his 2nd good pro season after 6 year in league...

2014-15  50GP 19PTS

2115-16  82GP - 43 PTS

2016-17 82GP - 33PTS

2017-18 78GP - 29PTS

2018-19 39GP -12 PTS

2019 -20 GP 24 - 19PTS

Would never give up Jake for this player small 27yrs old...We don't need this player and look at his stats? Last year 39GP only 12 points ..

We don't need small player like this..Already have 6 player higher on depth chart then him..Jean would be a bottom 6 guy in Vancouver..

If you want to trade Jake get a young prospect back....Some time will make a offer for him but inconsistent  so big pass...

He had a down year last season but who the hell didn’t have a bad year in Ottawa but he has been on fire with 13 goals and 19 points this year and would easily get 35-40 points on a line with Horvat and more then likely push the 45 point marker. He is a shorter Alex Burrows clone to play with the Trevor Linden clone. The Canucks don’t need more prospects to go to Utica now or next year, they need a player to put on the jersey the minute his plane lands at YVR and get in the lineup the game after the trade. We have too many forward prospects and if you have too many forward prospects in one system you might screw up someone’s development by using them in the wrong situations and destroying their confidence. The Canucks will go hard after Tryamkin in the summer for next year and this year give a few prospects a look as the 7th defense like Rafferty, Brisebois or maybe even Juolevi if he’s not injured for a long amount of time, it would be good to give these guys some live fire with what the NHL looks like in November and December or at the worst you can pick someone off the waiver wire that can’t go back down the farm club with their games played after an injury comes back like how they got Leivo. Also the difference between Burrows in his prime and Pageau now in size is 3 inches and 13 pounds.

Edited by IjustNEEDaTROYgamble

11 minutes ago, WCE said:

The only 2 forwards I would look at would Logan Brown & Brady Tkachuk. Both add size Brown at 6'6 & Tkachuk 6'4

Tkachuk and Brown will be Senators until they each decide to leave, because Ottawa is making them the beginning of their core players. They wouldn’t give up Tkachuk without the Canucks having to give up Tanev just for Ottawa to pick up the phone and not hang up and it would be just too expensive with most likely having to give up Madden or Rathbone and a pick.

Edited by IjustNEEDaTROYgamble

I like Pageau and what he brings, but I don't think It's a good move right now considering Pageau is a pending UFA and likely won't be re-sign by the Canucks given our cap situation.  We are not even sure to make the playoffs yet and even if we do, Pageau won't be the guy to get us into the 2nd, 3rd round or Cup final.  Therefore, I don't think giving up assets right now is a smart move.

Maybe for picks at the deadline, but I wouldn't go higher than a 3rd and I'm sure he can probably fetch a 2nd from a contender.

16 hours ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Ottawa gets 

Stetcher $2.3 million 

Virtanen  $1.25 million 

Lockwood 

Vancouver gets 

Pageau $3.1 million 

Terriblėė

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Tkachuk and Brown will be Senators until they each decide to leave, because Ottawa is making them the beginning of their core players. They wouldn’t give up Tkachuk without the Canucks having to give up Tanev just for Ottawa to pick up the phone and not hang up and it would be just too expensive with most likely having to give up Boeser or Horvat and a first round pick.

• Wat 1

No Pageau as he would be a bottom 6 guy in Vancouver and he is to small and inconsistent .. Because he is having a god year some team will take chance..

Look at last year point 39 GP  - 12 PTS   --2017-18

78 GP  -  29 PTS     -2016 -17

BIG BIG NO  - Jim will never trade for guy like this....