The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 27, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Say this as a joke, but it is a good year to keep our 1st. Lol.

If Green is the coach of this team to start next season I'll be very surprised. If the Canucks miss the playoffs this and next season that's Benning gone as well as Greener's. With that said very rarely do GMs get to bring in more than 2 head coaches. Fired Torts, let Willie go, and potentially firing Green. 

Agree on Green but I don’t think and I wouldn’t want JB going anywhere. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I am not excusing the coaching. They can be better but missing these guys is by far the biggest reason why we are struggling. 

So true.  Beagle, Sutter, Ferland bring a dynamic to the team that helps us shut down the other team. We would not have been pushed around like that.

• Upvote 1

I haven't seen a team this season that has a defensive system like we do, it's astonishing how I can see it sitting on a couch on a television screen. Literally every other team starts checking in the neutral zone, we simply let them in the O-zone. Might as well have a bright red carpet as we invite the opposing team to assault our poor goaltenders.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, b3. said:

I’m a Demko fan, but he’s a bit of a mental midget. He’s gotta be able to bail the team out when they are a mess. He had a four goal lead to play with.

He is a young G, this happens to ALL of them, Marky had this issue for years. Give the kid some slack, been lights out for us up until this game. The team as a whole can't fall off the face of the earth in the 3rd and lose the game like they did.

100% on the entire team not 1 player

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

We pissed that one away. We had it, we did.

&^@#. 

14 minutes ago, Treenanay said:

I am spechless, I honestly have no words for this outcome. This was a bad game defensively. Something has to change, can't wait for Sutter, Beagle, Roussel, and Ferland to be back

14 minutes ago, Caknuckle Puck said:

Pathetic

If this was the Bundesliga where the local fans own 51% of the team: what would you guys do to move the team forward from this catastrophic defeat?

I can tell you what Bayern Munich did (the fans 51%) THEY FIRED KOVACS.

Green has to go.

Just now, Jam126 said:

I haven't seen a team this season that has a defensive system like we do, it's astonishing how I can see it sitting on a couch on a television screen. Literally every other team starts checking in the neutral zone, we simply let them in the O-zone. Might as well have a bright red carpet as we invite the opposing team to assault our poor goaltenders.

Its the good old beer league five man collapse, and I fully agree. Its pathetic.

Just now, Jam126 said:

Five on the line, everyone challenge.

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Say this as a joke, but it is a good year to keep our 1st. Lol.

If Green is the coach of this team to start next season I'll be very surprised. If the Canucks miss the playoffs this and next season that's Benning gone as well as Greener's. With that said very rarely do GMs get to bring in more than 2 head coaches. Fired Torts, let Willie go, and potentially firing Green. 

I can't think of any in recent memory (at least not without said GM having some kind of regular season success and/or post-season success as well with that same team).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Just now, Silky mitts said:

6-3 in the third . Like I’m still awe struck they choked this hard .

Too many lazy plays with the lead.

Complacency is our biggest weakness right now.

We need to play a full 60.

Either Green is telling them to defend the lead or the guys are deciding to sit back.

• Upvote 2

Just now, b3. said:

I’m a Demko fan, but he’s a bit of a mental midget. He’s gotta be able to bail the team out when they are a mess. He had a four goal lead to play with.

I agree to an extent. But still. 3 of those goals even Marky probably isn't stopping. I missed the first 2 goals of the game. But when your d-man runs you over, what do you do? When your defensive player and the opposing team screens you, what do you do? When your defense is just letting a generational player like Malkin take uncontested slapshots in the slot, again. Not much he can do. Miller also could have iced this game with a goal or at least not taking a penalty. 

The team is a bunch of mental midgets. They stopped playing 5 minutes into the 3rd. Got shellshocked. I won't pin this entirely on Demko.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1