Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 27, 2019

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Like I said, I’m interested in his comments post game. Want to hear if he’s going to get in front of this loss and take some responsibility. 

Also interested in hearing what the leadership says too. 

• Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

Agree on Green but I don’t think and I wouldn’t want JB going anywhere. 

I am not saying I want Benning gone. But ownership might look at how he keeps bringing in new coaches and get some second thoughts on Benning. Especially if we give up a lottery pick to Tampa. I like Benning, I want him around but very few GMs get to fire more than 1 coach, especially when they were your hire. On top of giving up a high 1st rounder. It's a bit too soon to talk about that though. If this season goes down the toilet you have to think Greener is gonezo. Benning can't afford to give up a lottery pick.

• Confused 1

Just now, MoneypuckOverlord said:

team owes an apology to Gaudette and Hughes.

I'm glad Gaud got some goals, he hasn't been so hot in the dot lately

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Also interested in hearing what the leadership says too. 

Good question

Just now, canuck2288 said:

So where are the Green supporters now?

- for some unknown reason he decides Demko is his number 1 goalie after Marky wins 2 in a row 

-he does not pull Demko after it was clear he was shaky (JG and Malkin goals were bad) and the team was collapsing. Instead he waits until the game was already tied 

Markstrom was sick. Read the notes pre game. 

- he challenges the offside then shakes his head like he knows he has no hope. Great poker player move. basically tells Toronto he knows it’s a good goal...and if he knew that he takes a 2 minute penalty 

Travis Green is not a good coach 

He demonstrated it tonight 

• Upvote 1

This should’ve been a win. Easily.
Remember when the team “learned their lesson” from the Washington game?

It’s games like these where it shows just how crucial the man behind the bench is when it comes to results.

This is all on TG and his coaching staff. 
I hope it doesn’t take until the playoffs (if they even get there) to realize that TG isn’t a coach that can lead a playoff team.

• Upvote 1

"I think we played good. We had some good looks. They're a heavy team. That's how hockey goes sometimes."

-Coach Green after the loss.  ::D

• Haha 1

People keep stating the importance of Sutter and Beagle to this team, and I agree to an extent.

That being said, they're both injured....again. How important can they be if they both keep getting injured?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cup2022 said:

Eddy was $&!# easy to get blocks when you back up on to your goalie ever second shift 

When we were still up by one Eddy gave up the blue line on a 1 vs 3 with the center of ice covered by two of are players and they were all over every shift he was on ice in the last 10 minutes

5 minutes ago, Odjick_fan said:

LOL, it was still fun to watch

now who wants to trade Sutter and Beagle haha

TG for Babcock or Bill? 

- for some unknown reason he decides Demko is his number 1 goalie after Marky wins 2 in a row 

-he does not pull Demko after it was clear he was shaky (JG and Malkin goals were bad) and the team was collapsing. Instead he waits until the game was already tied 

- he challenges the offside then shakes his head like he knows he has no hope. Great poker player move. basically tells Toronto he knows it’s a good goal...and if he knew that he takes a 2 minute penalty 

1 and 2. Markstrom was sick

3. That WAS offside

His leash did get a bit shorter With this road trip though. 

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Marky was sick, he couldn't do anything about that. The way this team responded is all on him though.

If I'm Travis Green right now I'm still kicking the snot out of that dressing room !

They didn't just let that game get away from them they just stood there and watched it walk away , ridiculous effort level in the third period.