A. Edler, D 0 0 0 -1 0 2 8 6 0 0 0 0 28 25:25
T. Stecher, D 0 0 0 -2 2 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 23 19:33
J. Benn, D 0 0 0 -2 0 1 1 3 0 0 1 0 24 14:40
T. Schaller, LW 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 13 7:46
T. Graovac, C 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 3 2 0 1 11 5:24
N. Goldobin, LW 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 15 8:37

Edited by xereau

12 minutes ago, bree2 said:

Edler 8 hits and he played 0ver 25 min. I seriously don't think he is finished as a player! Lets face it  Green is not using  the players properly

I don't care how many hits he had and especially don't care about the number of minutes.  It's the way he plays: passive, passive, passive; "you take the puck and my partner will block the shot."  "Unless I'm close enough to hit you, then I will." "Otherwise I hang out in front of the net waiting... for what, who knows?"  

Edler is playing great, if only it were 1998 again.  He seems unable to chase, harass, close on players.  This is what D have to do now. Look at how St Louis won the cup.  They didn't give attacking forwards the time to make plays or take shots.  They cut off plays, close on players quickly, made opposition player turn over pucks.

Edler doesn't do any of this.  He fades, he maneuvers, he blocks.  It's like mortal combat vs. chess... I''ll take combat thanks.

The answer to the Edler "problem" is always the same: put Edler in the position that will let him succeed (usually in the 4 to 6 range of the D depth.)

This is actually below the standard we had for Hutton, who we let leave for nothing.  Edler has to be REPLACED.  Someone similar but who can play the faster game of today.  My hopes are on Woo, others are betting on Juolevi (for the offensive side).  Tryamkin would be an improvement too.

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I don't agree Green needs to go asap but the leash got shorter imo

It's inevitable.  He's had his day. Same same over and over.   He won't make it to next season. I just hope he's relieved in time for this team to still have a shot at the playoffs this year. Don't wait till the summer out of some sense of obligation 

Cry me a river, Travis.  To say that Malkin took over, and you weren't ready for it ... that's what he does!  You have to be ready for that kind of skill and talent coming to the fore.  You weren't, and that lack of preparation cost the team.  It's a broken record after every loss recently, where he blames some aspect of not being ready, not on the same page ... it's all he knows to say.    

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

A big positive: Gaudette and Virtanen were awesome, that's a great sign for secondary scoring.  I thought Hughes was good as well.  

Hughes got me 3 more points to winning $50. I'll take it.

Nice to see Gaudette chip in with a few, and nice to see Jake score. As much as the result is unacceptable for a winning organization. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

What happened to this team? At the beginning of the season everyone was flying. We looked so fast compared to other teams. Now we look slow af! Obviously our guys didn't forget how to skate so it's gotta be a coaching thing. Like they're telling them to slow it down and play a more stationary style. Maybe that's why JV gets limited ice time, he's too fast for TG's "system". 

What coach in his right mind would tell the team to "slow it down and play a more stationary style"?  

Have none of you guys ever played any sort of competitive sport?  Coaches don't tell you how fast to run/skate and how hard to check players.  That's on the team.  

JT Miller and Virtanen were doing just fine out there.  Were they disobeying the coach by playing hard?  

Virtanen had the 3rd most ice time of our wingers tonight, after JT Miller and Brock Boeser (who got a lot of ice time on the PP). 

9 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Fact is Colorado is playing better with just as bad injury woes, worse cause their stars have gone down, than we are with bottom 6ers gone. The injury excuse doesn't fly. Ferland is barely a 3rd liner in my books with his play this year. Motte and Beagle are good 4th liners, but again our team shouldn't collapse with bottom 6 injuries when teams with top 6 injuries continue to play well. Our depth should cover injuries to bottom 6 players but it hasn't.

HEY GREEN 

12 minutes ago, amplified0ne said:

The dump and change with a 1 goal lead and tie game have to go.  Also the bump back with no speed on the PP is a waste of time and leads to chances for the other team; frustrating seeing Petey bump it back and there is no canuck inframe for like 5 secs and Pitt get a grade A scoring chance out of it.  This is all coaching.

And the way they change lines: other teams are watching for this too.  Green is too predictable.  I give Green 10 more games and he is gone.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Actually though. If you're not going to play him dress Eriksson. For all the flack he deservedly gets he still knows how to play a solid defensive game. Could have used that tonight. 

Like I said earlier Loui plays a garbage game for a garbage system. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Some of you guys want to blame the coach for our forwards choking and not playing aggressively in the 3rd period.  What do you think that has to do with the coach?  He's not drawing up plays for them at 5 on 5.  

Well to me its the dump and change in the 3rd with no forechecker to protect the lead or play prevent defense.  Maybe <5mins to play and a multi-goal lead or 2nd night of a back to back it would be understandable but it basically started at the beginning of the 3rd period.  That's pretty much coaching and player deployment.  Good teams play a puck control game, not give up control.  It basically signals to the other team is to keep attacking.

• Upvote 2

So much shade on this PGT for TG. 
Credit due to Pens, they have some skill and pressed hard. It was an entertaining game. Unfortunate that we didn’t get any points, but I still have faith. We’re still destined for playoffs this season.

• Cheers 3