The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 27, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Disgruntler said:

I'm a smart guy. Versed in tech, philsophy and languages. But when I have to scrutinize arcane documents and posts to discover how to post a simple effing youtube video here, well. Get effed lol.

Right click the video, copy video URL, paste here. It should automatically embed itself.

If its still not working, paste as plain text.

If its still not working after that, get a hammer.

Edited by xereau
  • Haha 2

Any forecheck system is a defensive system because the team has given up possession of the puck and they are now trying to get it back. When they do get it back, then the attack triangle is set up  with the two players who are down low  and the third guy high who steps into the slot because we now have possession. 

Advantage is always gained by the team who transitions quickest from a defensive system to an offensive system...this is such a critical part of the game, but it's simple basic thinking...when we have the puck, we are on offensive (no matter where the puck is on the ice) and when we don't have the puck, we are on defensive...the advantage is gained by who transitions the quickest to offense thinking to defense thinking to offense, etc.

Edited by Pete M

6 minutes ago, Disgruntler said:

I'm a smart guy. Versed in tech, philsophy and languages. But when I have to scrutinize arcane documents and posts to discover how to post a simple effing youtube video here, well. Get effed lol.

Just copy and paste the youtube address into the message and press "Submit Reply"...  that's it 

I used to get frustrated too, thinking I had to attach it in a special way. 

So I checked in briefly in the first, thinking wtf at the time then checked again before leaving work (late).

I thought to myself - &^@# yeah, I get to watch a hockey game when I get home!

And my &^@#ing god I'm so disappointed.

That sucked.

$&!#ty turd gurgling &^@#ing fart huffers, and that's just the Zamboni drivers.

Don't even get me started!

Booooo

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Anyone still laughing at my fire Green for Babcock comment? :P

On a more serious note. DO IT NOW!!!

This team is way too good to blow it this year. Babcock is the absolute best option for our team moving forward

False. Babcock is not the solution.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Personally like I told Torts I am going into this with an open mind.

All of our injuries happened to our best defensive and physical forwards that mostly make up the bottom 6. If you see what the team is clearly lacking it is defensive play out of the forward group and gritty, physical play that sparks your team.

Our PK has gone to $&!# with Beagle, Motte and Sutter out. Our defensemen are under more pressure and they're cracking under it. We are not as strong on pucks. We aren't nearly as physical with Ferland, Motte and Roussel out.

It is really unfortunate that the injuries happened to these guys because it has really has handicapped our team. More pressure on our D and we are easy to play against. Not to mention on ice leadership these guys bring. 

If we weren't such a young team I would agree with you on certain points. It's kind of another handicap to have a young team. Our stars still are adapting to the league themselves.

A coaching change might not hurt but I am under the impression that it wouldn't make a difference with these guys out.

If we get healthy and we keep playing like this then like you I will be venting for a coaching change.

Hope I made some sense and got my perspective across!

39 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Young teams need to learn how to close out games.... It takes experience.  

Our kids are gaining experience.

We gain experience by stopping them the second large leads.  Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.   We lost to Washington at home with a large lead and now we lose again when we had a 6-goal output and yet lost 8 goals.  That's on coaching with inability to slow things down or coach them by keying on Malkin.   Hate to say it, it's on Green, and has nothing to with gaining experience for young players.  Veterans team blew leads many times before and it's nothing new under the sun.  The theme here is inability to get a better start, we have had slow starts too many times for my liking and blown leads or tied into late of 3rd and still blow leads is nothing new.  A better coach would have adjust on the fly from minute to minute, rather than from goal to goal.   Green is not even adjusting goal by goal, it's game by game.  That's what Green is right now. 

If he is hired for other team, he would have learnt to adjust after having time for some reflection and since this is his first job, he is stubborn and afraid to change anything because he has not experience firing yet to make himself a good coach.  Every coach has been fired before and became a better coach for his 2nd or 3rd team.     I do not doubt that Green will be a good coach but is not right one for this team because his lack of adjustment is undoing his work.   If we want to see Canucks to growth as a team further, we make a coaching change.  This is not a case of change for the sake of changing to save GM's job.  Benning has been doing wonderful job with the roster and we can see this clearly.  This is a case of saving the team from derailing mentally.   

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Why is that challenge the icing on the cake? That WAS offside :lol:

Obviously it was not offside. The refs and NHL determined it WAS NOT offside.

No matter how loud posters scream that is was, it obviously was not.

The problem with this game wasn't that offside challenge. That was just one small symptom of what is going wrong with the team. The easiest way to shake up the team is a coaching change and that is apparently what needs to be done.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 1

When I see this team play, I see lost opportunity with the personnel on the ice because they have very good players but they are not playing like a team...there seems to be no plan.

...other than dump and chase and hussle...lol

Man,  Miller is a spark plug...he gets things going.

Edited by Pete M

1 hour ago, nuck-lifer said:

Have to say this was Benn's worst game.

He was an all star with clean / calm passes and solid D play in October, but without a supporting forward crew he seems to be over thinking the game, and making some rookie mistakes out there.

Having the ave age of our forwards under 25 with a couple of AHL'ers doesn't help.

People can rag on Eriksson but at least his positioning, and defensive work is better than most of our forwards which may have helped calm the storm tonite

Loui is garbage and would not have helped this tire fire tonight. Give your head a shake. That bum should never play for the Canucks again....

:picard:

Edit: it would have been 9-6 if Loui played, and the only goal he would have scored would have been in the Canuck empty net.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Loui is garbage and would not have helped this tire fire tonight. Give your head a shake. That bum should never play for the Canucks again....

Tell us how you really feel.....  

Loui E seems well liked by his teamates and has handled his demotion well... other than the one interview he did.

He has had a fantastic NHL career and he deserves to be shown respect. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

Actually it probably would have made a dramatic difference, as Green would have rolled 4 lines instead of 3.

What Loui lacks in dynamic play, he makes up for in milquetoast stability.

Green doesn't trust many of the young guys, and well, it shows.

If Loui plays this game, no freaking way we let in 8 goals.

This debacle has player mismanagement written all over it.

• Cheers 1