The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 27, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Obviously it was not offside. The refs and NHL determined it WAS NOT offside.

No matter how loud posters scream that is was, it obviously was not.

The problem with this game wasn't that offside challenge. That was just one small symptom of what is going wrong with the team. The easiest way so shake up the team is a coaching team and that is apparently what needs to be done.

Yeah, the NHL officials have never made a wrong call. :bigblush:

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

I'm still wondering why Goldy was stapled to the bench. What's the point in calling him up if he's not going to be utilized? He had less than nine minutes of ice time. 

This game's major failure is not on minor players like goldy or graovac.

It is squarely on the shoulders of our best players, top 6 forwards, and top 4 D. They totally blew this game with a lack of system discipline and focus. That and green has failed miserably in the last month.

As T.O. showed, the first move in any NHL team shake up is to fire the coach. And I hope green is gone. But please don't get another rookie coach. Find an experienced NHL coach that showed they can win in their past (not babcock though, his old school ways are done).

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Flames about to fire their coach, and most likely hire Babcock in a matter of days. If there is any time to fire Green it would be like now…lol.

Otherwise their really no point in firing him…

Babcock is overrated, I hope the Flames do hire him so people here can shut up about him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gameburn said:

I don't care how many hits he had and especially don't care about the number of minutes.  It's the way he plays: passive, passive, passive; "you take the puck and my partner will block the shot."  "Unless I'm close enough to hit you, then I will." "Otherwise I hang out in front of the net waiting... for what, who knows?"  

Edler is playing great, if only it were 1998 again.  He seems unable to chase, harass, close on players.  This is what D have to do now. Look at how St Louis won the cup.  They didn't give attacking forwards the time to make plays or take shots.  They cut off plays, close on players quickly, made opposition player turn over pucks.

Edler doesn't do any of this.  He fades, he maneuvers, he blocks.  It's like mortal combat vs. chess... I''ll take combat thanks.

The answer to the Edler "problem" is always the same: put Edler in the position that will let him succeed (usually in the 4 to 6 range of the D depth.)

This is actually below the standard we had for Hutton, who we let leave for nothing.  Edler has to be REPLACED.  Someone similar but who can play the faster game of today.  My hopes are on Woo, others are betting on Juolevi (for the offensive side).  Tryamkin would be an improvement too.

You obviously know NOTHING about hockey when you say Edler is a 4 to 6 dman. Pathetic post.

And your brilliant suggestion is a rookie in the WHL (woo), a broken rookie in OJ, and a 3rd pairing russian.  Laughable suggestions....

:picard:

Edit: I will block you so I don't have to read your ridiculous posts about Edler.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Wat 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Yeah, the NHL officials have never made a wrong call. :bigblush:

It wasn’t offside, even Garrett couldn’t convince himself it was offside. At the end of the day, the TG shrug pissed me off the most. Seemed like he didn’t care at that point of the game.

The game wasn’t over, still had 3 minutes left. 

I don’t mind Green but he has a lot of work to do. Seeing him make the same mistakes, like not calling a timeout when the other team is building up momentum is frustrating.

Don’t get me wrong tho, players played a huge part in the loss as well.

1 hour ago, gameburn said:

I am so conflicted by Edler.  On the one hand, he has a nice feel for offense: getting pucks through, making key passes -- especially evident in overtime.  And defensively he can hit like a truck while intercepting passes near to the net.  And he will block shots -- often without taking an injury (wish Tanev would learn from this).  And yet he concedes the zone on all rushes, seems to be on the ice for a zillion goals and is seen in replays as doing little more than waving at players in front of the net, usually way too late to make a difference.  When he has the puck he is good.  When he has a player in his sights, he is good.  All the rest is rubbish.  

Reminds me of the sea change in soccer: fullbacks went from being big slow bruisers to fast play-makers who were almost wingers. 

Your silly bloody comments on our best D are stupid. 

I need to block you so I never have to see your uniformed opinions again on our best D man.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, J-23 said:

It wasn’t offside, even Garrett couldn’t convince himself it was offside. At the end of the day, the TG shrug pissed me off the most. Seemed like he didn’t care at that point of the game.

The game wasn’t over, still had 3 minutes left. 

I don’t mind Green but he has a lot of work to do. Seeing him make the same mistakes, like not calling a timeout when the other team is building up momentum is frustrating.

Don’t get me wrong tho, players played a huge part in the loss as well.

It was, the Pens player on the far side lifted his skate thus putting him offside clear as day. It wasn't why we lost but it certainly didn't help. 

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Flames about to fire their coach, and most likely hire Babcock in a matter of days. If there is any time to fire Green it would be like now…lol.

Otherwise their really no point in firing him…

character assassination...Tree realized Peters is not a good coach and the organization is assassinating him...it gets Tree out of a bad spot...it happens all the time behind close doors with dirt bags who are in charge.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Anyone still laughing at my fire Green for Babcock comment? :P

On a more serious note. DO IT NOW!!!

This team is way too good to blow it this year. Babcock is the absolute best option for our team moving forward

Babcock is done...he is a dinosaur that no longer should coach in the NHL.

But I agree with firing green....get another experienced NHL proven coach that has won in the past.