The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 27, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Flames about to fire their coach, and most likely hire Babcock in a matter of days. If there is any time to fire Green it would be like now…lol.

Otherwise their really no point in firing him…

Babcock isn't the answer, but there must be someone out there better than Green.  I agree that now is the time to let Green go but there must be better options available than a coach that had a team laced with talent and squandered it.

2 minutes ago, mj vic said:

Babcock isn't the answer, but there must be someone out there better than Green.  I agree that now is the time to let Green go but there must be better options available than a coach that had a team laced with talent and squandered it.

Who else is out there though?

Do we wait it out for the remainder of the year?

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Leivo, Pearson, Goldy/Eriksson/Gravoc (probably misspelled it)

Pearson has value in the line up but on the 3rd line. Schaller has slowed right down & needs to sit for a few games to get him going again (on the 4th line only!)

This team once healthy can go on a big run if green gets his lines together...

virtanen/ferlund-petey-boesar

virtanen/ferlund-Bo-miller

Pearson-gaudette-rousell

Sutter-beagle-macewan/motte

They have the makings of a really good team Underachievers like leivo shouldn't continue to get played over Jake. God dammit green!

Want jake on the PP

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

This game's major failure is not on minor players like goldy or graovac.

It is squarely on the shoulders of our best players, top 6 forwards, and top 4 D. They totally blew this game with a lack of system discipline and focus. That and green has failed miserably in the last month.

As T.O. showed, the first move in any NHL team shake up is to fire the coach. And I hope green is gone. But please don't get another rookie coach. Find an experienced NHL coach that showed they can win in their past (not babcock though, his old school ways are done).

It's not, but it's a questionable move all the same. Dude gets sent down and instead of complaining he lights up the AHL and works on his game. As a reward he's called up and barely gets a sniff. I'm not impressed. If he wasn't going to be utilized perhaps Eriksson should have been in the lineup. Could have used a bit more defensive game tonight. 

They collapsed as a team, I won't debate that. They had the game in the bag and they pissed it away. It's been an awful month for Canucks hockey. 

I think Green gets a little more rope, I don't think management wants to fire him. If this team gets bodies back and continues to sink he's likely gone. He'll probably get some rope to work through this though. I'm not sure what kind of candidates are out there right now either. Babcock's the biggest fish but do we want him? I'm hearing a lot of mixed opinions regarding that. I do agree though, I'd rather get someone experienced if it comes to it. If only on an temporary basis like LA did with ol' Willie. 

Edited by Coconuts

1 minute ago, ericisinfinity@hotmail.com said:

Pearson has value in the line up but on the 3rd line. Schaller has slowed right down & needs to sit for a few games to get him going again (on the 4th line only!)

This team once healthy can go on a big run if green gets his lines together...

virtanen/ferlund-petey-boesar

virtanen/ferlund-Bo-miller

Pearson-gaudette-rousell

Sutter-beagle-macewan/motte

They have the makings of a really good team Underachievers like leivo shouldn't continue to get played over Jake. God dammit green!

Want jake on the PP

Just because Schaller hasn’t been putting up points doesn’t mean he’s slowed down. Tim is still playing good hockey, nobody taking his 4th line spot.

Scahller - Beagle - Motte will be our 4th line if all healthy.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I know we just renewed the assistants. But maybe let them go and bring in a new defensive coach and a new special teams coach.

Maybe promote Manny to Assistant Coach?

Only coach I think I'd look at is Larry Robinson. But I think he has a good gig in St. Louis as a consultant. 

• Cheers 1