The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 27, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I don't know if it's the defensive system or just a pure lack of effort, but every single damn time the opponent has control in the Canucks zone, the entire team backs off and lets the cycle run on for minutes on end.

Canucks defence get tired, opponent constantly cycles around and then eventually scored. It's the worst when the opponent has the puck at the point, they have so much room to shoot because the Canucks always back off.

Maybe something in the Canucks defensive system needs to change because I'm tired of seeing opponents running circles around the Canucks. Such passive defence, it's frustrating to watch.

Boeser

EP

Miller

Leivo

Virtanen

Pearson

Hughes

Edler

Myers

are not shutdown types of players...even the games where the team gave up 2 or fewer goals it was more often than not Marky or Demko were the difference makers.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I know we just renewed the assistants. But maybe let them go and bring in a new defensive coach and a new special teams coach.

Maybe promote Manny to Assistant Coach?

Only coach I think I'd look at is Larry Robinson. But I think he has a good gig in St. Louis as a consultant. 

I like Brad Larsen but zero chance Columbus lets him go mid-season

• Upvote 1

Just now, J-23 said:

Green is part of the beauty coaches as well, but the way it’s looking doesn’t seem like he’s going to last. I’ll leave it at that.

Don't disagree with this, but if they do let him go I'd like a well thought out viable longer term solution. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Just because Schaller hasn’t been putting up points doesn’t mean he’s slowed down. Tim is still playing good hockey, nobody taking his 4th line spot.

Scahller - Beagle - Motte will be our 4th line if all healthy.

I meant slowed down in intensity & overall speed. Not concerned with his point preduction.

Bottom line they could  have a really good top nine if Green wood just put the right 9 together and leave them  together . And then they have some pretty decent depth in McEwen, leivo Etc.

1 minute ago, ericisinfinity@hotmail.com said:

I meant slowed down in intensity & overall speed. Not concerned with his point preduction.

Bottom line they could  have a really good top nine if Green wood just put the right 9 together and leave them  together . And then they have some pretty decent depth in McEwen, leivo Etc.

It’s not Green’s fault the bottom 6 is struggling, half of them injured :lol:

A healthy bottom 6 is dominant. We saw that in October. Once injuries hit our bottom 6, this team really fell apart.

MacEwen hasn’t proven much, and I’m a huge advocate of bringing MacEwen to big league for good. 

Imo, this should be our lineup when healthy:

Miller - Pettersson - Gaudette

Virtanen - Horvat - Boeser

Ferland - Sutter - Roussel

Schaller - Beagle - Motte

Virtanen, Gaud and Ferland can be moved around among each other

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

But didn't here people say the GM's moves this offseason was a success? <_<

Sure did but they work for the Canucks as administrators and screen out members.::D

Nah just joking but there are a few posters that are true fanatics, this team never does anything wrong and the people running the team are spoken of as if they are Gods.

Only after those gods are fired are they then the devils incarnate and to blame for every mistake for the next era, in Benning case that just might be true, a hundred million spent on bad contracts, players that can't significantly contribute signed to multi year clause contracts, while other teams have 10 or 12 drafted players playing he has 4 with 5 top ten picks and almost nothing significant in Utica

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

A healthy bottom 6 is dominant. We saw that in October. Once injuries hit our bottom 6, this team really fell apart.

MacEwen hasn’t proven much, and I’m a huge advocate of bringing MacEwen to big league for good. 

You are easily distracted from the root cause

Just now, J-23 said:

I can live with that but think this team is 100 times better when gaudette is 3C & sutter is on the wing. He is not a effective centre but can be a good veteran piece on the wing.

Id want to see ferland swap with gaudette. Sutter over on the 3rd line wing & gaudette in middle 3.

I don't think its a motivation thing. So much as a systems issue. We need the right tactics that works with our personnel. 

I'm not saying trap hockey. But something has to be better on our defence. Too many players from the other team are able to crash the net. 

We have to get traffic to block passes, and keep the shots to the outside to give our goalies a chance to make a save. And give the opposition only bad or low percentage scoring chances. 

23 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Not the coaches fault, he can only coach the players he has, fire the GM!

Hey the team is tied for a PO spot on turkey day with three other teams and 4 more within 3 points.

Yes let’s fire the guy who drafted Petey, Brock and Quinn and traded for Miller.  Might be better to fire the guy who doesn’t know how to coach these great talents...