The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 27, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Dear Team:

I still love ya.

I've had a horrible couple of weeks so an exciting game that got away in an ugly way still isn't the end of the world for me.  Perspective:  I love hockey and it was a game that had 14 goals.  What?  Learn from these ones...gotta nail them shut when you can.

I'm going to get out of the frying pan that's on fire now.

Love Deb.

Want a hint Green push the pace with your best players Edler is not the player to put out on ice ever second shift to hold a lead he is past that stage in his career

• Upvote 2

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Looked good to me but if it was they way too close to overturn, I think it was a bad challenge, our odds to tie it up, especially with the goaltending, would have been better not challenging.

We will never get an honest call.  Story of the last fifty years. I have accepted and have some peace.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Wilfred said:

Would like an explanation as to why so often at even strength hockey, in the defensive zone it looks like this team is on a PK. Players frequently go out of their way to back off from the puck carrier, and give them all kinds of time and space. It's just mind numbing. There's no logic to it. Why is our strategy defensively to GIVE up space. GIVE them time. 

You see this and you understand why the Canucks have just been putrid defensively giving up shots and chances non stop. The defensive zone coaching is just unacceptable. Time and time again it appears as if they're killing a penalty while it's at even strength. 

And yet another blown lead. 5 goal lead isn't safe. 3 goal lead in the third. And we just sit back and not even slowly, but quickly lose the lead. I have absolutely no faith in this coaching staff at this time. 

Pretty much this. This has been going on since the beginning of November. Opponent puck carriers have so much time and space, the Canucks look like they're on a permanent PK. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

Thats one of the worst coaches challenges i have ever seen. Wtf was he thinking at that point in the hockey game. That was an embarrassment. Zero times out of a hundred should u make that call on that play. What a joke .

Playing not to lose. I lost a bit of respect for Green, and I wonder if the players looking at the replays will feel the same. TG should only have challenged if he was absolutely sure it was offside, looking at that replay, it seems like a 50/50 call. Taking the minor penalty is basically admitting you do not believe your team can score in ~3min, which looking at the way the Canucks were playing might have been a good gamble but it's still a loser's mentality. I will be curious to see what Green has to say. 

• Cheers 1

The time out should have come at 6-5... It was obvious the MO had shifted. Was yelling at my TV

JT doesn't hit the post, it's 7-3 and game over... 

This is a tough pill to swallow but at least we were entertained? 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1