Sign in to follow this  
ruilin96

Let's all take a step back and look how far the team has come along.

Rate this topic

On 11/28/2019 at 1:03 AM, TheNewGM said:

Myers has been in the league for years and still crashes into our own players on the regular like he forgot who to body check. The power play still does the same ridiculous pass back to enter the O-zone almost every single time. Its not our young players inconsistencies that has me freaking out.

But good post and very true. We are much improved. But that is because we have a really stellar line up now. We have a playoff caliber lineup. I really liked Green as coach, but something has to give here. In the end these guys are professionals. I cant pin point what the problem is .... hmmm . Coaching?  I still get that vision of Myers crashing into Miller below the goal line in 3v3 OT.. and Bo also being below the goal line .. I guess you cant coach that vision ...

And obviously your showing you have never played hockey...  New players, new system to get used to,  guys you have just played against are now on your line and it takes more that 20-ish games to gel together not only as a line but as a whole team and are just developing an identity. 

The thing I laughed the hardest at was what you said about Myers, good grief.. if you ever played hockey you'd know that things happen out there that you have no control over and that losing an edge is just one of a hundred things that can happen.

Not to mention we have been soft as butter and that needed to be addressed and I'm glad we signed him. Most games he has played in he has played really well and have you noticed that no one has ran Flow and Alien? 

Wonder why that is hey?  Myers helps that and only a fool would get rid of a percentage of something that we badly needed so lighten up will ya? Lol

On 11/29/2019 at 4:29 AM, Me_ said:

Truly, the only excuse for blowing games this year, is growing pains from a young team. 

I am not alarmed in the least.

Well it's all about perspective, you could use all kinds of excuses if you want.

But in sports there are no excuses.  You either get the job done or you don't have a job. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, iceman64 said:

And obviously your showing you have never played hockey...  New players, new system to get used to,  guys you have just played against are now on your line and it takes more that 20-ish games to gel together not only as a line but as a whole team and are just developing an identity. 

The thing I laughed the hardest at was what you said about Myers, good grief.. if you ever played hockey you'd know that things happen out there that you have no control over and that losing an edge is just one of a hundred things that can happen.

Not to mention we have been soft as butter and that needed to be addressed and I'm glad we signed him. Most games he has played in he has played really well and have you noticed that no one has ran Flow and Alien? 

Wonder why that is hey?  Myers helps that and only a fool would get rid of a percentage of something that we badly needed so lighten up will ya? Lol

Dude Myers has been atrocious this season. He’s beyond overpaid and is on pace for 14 assists and no goals. He isn’t even good in his own end.

learning the system?were at the thirty game mark pretty much that’s almost half the season, maybe he should learn a Little faster, he’s being paid more then Mackinnon.

Mcavoy and werenski if you want two recent contracts for the same position.

he needs to help

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever

On 11/28/2019 at 10:00 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Our young core is neither experienced or mature

They are running on skill, and skill only

This is an evolution not a revolution, guys!

2 to 3 years, and we will see a great team,

that has learned from this years mistakes

Same can be said for the coaching

and the same for JB

Warhippy said it best, we are a bubble team

Live with that for a year

We will win some we should loose

and Loose some we should win

This is what I believe too.

Were all sick of waiting but the truth is we aren’t ready yet. 10 combined wins in regulation in 28 games half of them versus Detroit and la. I don’t think we are ready for the playoffs yet as much as it sucks to admit it.

we may have the talent now but that doesent mean the talent is ready. (Is argue on defense we need woo or joulevi to pan out and hope to god tryamkin comes back)

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/29/2019 at 6:59 PM, Rabbit said:

The facts:

Canucks is better than last year. It seems the rebuilding started after Sedins retired, the time of getting this result is great.

The results of Nov is worse than Oct. due to injuries. This is not an excuse but the fact. Other teams face the same but not affecting this is the fact of worse result.

Young players are inconsistence, but with the injuries back.  It would be improved.

The Hopes:

After the injuries back, we will back to Oct level win percentage.

If Olli and Tree join the lineup later, our D group will be improved.

Finally, I think Green is the right coach of the team at the current stage.

We only need BN to deal the Loui issue.

Canucks has great opportunity becoming a playoff team this season.

Those weren’t the facts.

you called two things facts that weren’t.

1) the rebuild did not start when the Sedona retired. We’ve been rebuilding since 2014-2015 but a new era started when the sedins retired and became a complete rebuild yes

2) you have no idea that when we get our bottom few forwards back that our winning percentage will go back to October’s. We had one win against a playoff team from last year that month And more then half was against the two worst teams in the league la and Detroit. The other two big wins we got were shootout wins over the blues and caps.

theres a chance we get better but your calling it a fact, when it’s not. It’s a belief.

• Hydration 1

10 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Last year 20th in the league

This year tied for 18th

Great! We went up two spots.

54 games to go! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

needing 62 to 66 points

I suspect the Canucks will squeak in, that or just miss the dance with a mad dash to the finish. 

Win win season.

A higher spot in the draft or a chance at the Cup. 

Same with next year, probably. 

The team is largely built of filler around a few key 1st rounders. 

I don’t see many better options coming up just yet so maybe the future will look like today, rental guns and the core. Sounds about normal, but not a dynasty like we’ve read about elsewhere! 

2 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I suspect the Canucks will squeak in, that or just miss the dance with a mad dash to the finish. 

Win win season.

A higher spot in the draft or a chance at the Cup. 

Same with next year, probably. 

The team is largely built of filler around a few key 1st rounders. 

I don’t see many better options coming up just yet so maybe the future will look like today, rental guns and the core. Sounds about normal, but not a dynasty like we’ve read about elsewhere! 

They miss next year for sure

The cap insures that, no matter the increase the Canucks have to cut over an additional 10 million

They have to move Markstrom and while Demko is ready the backup will need some seasoning

Tanev and Edler, even if they both are here, will be older and they will be injured.

Other US teams are improving faster than the Canucks.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

The cap insures that, no matter the increase the Canucks have to cut over an additional 10 million

They have to move Markstrom and while Demko is ready the backup will need some seasoning

Tanev and Edler, even if they both are here, will be older and they will be injured.

LE is retiring this July after he gets his bonus.  That's 6 million.  

We are actually improving faster than the teams we are competing for the playoffs with.

And we are making the playoffs this season, so all else is moo.

Moo point.gif

Edited by Alflives
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

That’s Eriksson & Sutter. Problem solved.

They don’t have to move Markstrom.

Tanev & Edler are fine.

Relax. Enjoy the show. It’s a good show.

• Hydration 2

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

LE is retiring this July after he gets his bonus.  That's 6 million.  

We are actually improving faster than the teams we are competing for the playoffs with.

And we are making the playoffs this season, so all else is moo.

Moo point.gif

IF Eriksson retires the team still gets a cap hit of 5+ mil. Signing bonus is on July 1, buyout is June 15, even if he retires they get nailed for the cap hit.

No LA and Ana are 4 points behind the Nucks now.

This team will not make the playoffs, they have two more 5 game and one 4 game road trips

They play 16 games in March after the TDL. Which Benning's statement of they will do whatever they need to do to help the team make the playoffs scary unless they are way behind, it means trading away draft picks and prospects with Tryamkin the big ticket item.

Just one injury to Tanev, Edler, Horvat, Boeser, Miller, Pettersson or Markstrom and they are cooked, there is just not enough depth at skill positions and after January teams will start stepping up the tempo.

Teams are already figuring out how to counter the system and the PP is not likely to continue at the high pace or will the team keep getting so many more PP's than other teams.

For any playoff chance they have to get back into a wild card spot by the end of December, IMO they win 5 games in December.

4 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

IF Eriksson retires the team still gets a cap hit of 5+ mil. Signing bonus is on July 1, buyout is June 15, even if he retires they get nailed for the cap hit.

This team will not make the playoffs, they have two more 5 game and one 4 game road trips

They play 16 games in March after the TDL. Which Benning's statement of they will do whatever they need to do to help the team make the playoffs scary unless they are way behind, it means trading away draft picks and prospects with Tryamkin the big ticket item.

Just one injury to Tanev, Edler, Horvat, Boeser, Miller, Pettersson or Markstrom and they are cooked, there is just not enough depth at skill positions and after January teams will start stepping up the tempo.

Teams are already figuring out how to counter the system and the PP is not likely to continue at the high pace or will the team keep getting so many more PP's than other teams.

For any playoff chance they have to get back into a wild card spot by the end of December, IMO they win 5 games in December.

Hey how about you just relax bud.

You’re going :frantic:for nothing.

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

That’s Eriksson & Sutter. Problem solved.

They don’t have to move Markstrom.

Tanev & Edler are fine.

Relax. Enjoy the show. It’s a good show.

Nothing about your post but it is amazing how injuries are suddenly forgotten around this time of year only to be used as THE excuse for finishing close to the same spot year after year. This team finished almost DFL with two scoring champions on it and veteran leadership, all that is changed is there are two kids that have yet to learn the grind of the regular season yet. Petey "petered" out in the last half last and Hughes has never played 80 games in one year, neither had Boeser and Green keeps adding to their ice time and other teams are giving them a lot more attention.

Tanev, the Canucks will not be able to afford him next contract and most teams already know that, they can't pay him 6+ mil with the kids needing raises and protection from the expansion draft. So does he go? Will he refuse to play in TO or Montreal for 7 mil?

This playoff push is one year too early, take the draft pick, sign Tryamkin, trade Tanev at the TDL for draft pick this year, trade Markstrom for something,

Get 7 or 8 players 20 to 25 as a core with 6 skill players.

3 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Nothing about your post but it is amazing how injuries are suddenly forgotten around this time of year only to be used as THE excuse for finishing close to the same spot year after year. This team finished almost DFL with two scoring champions on it and veteran leadership, all that is changed is there are two kids that have yet to learn the grind of the regular season yet. Petey "petered" out in the last half last and Hughes has never played 80 games in one year, neither had Boeser and Green keeps adding to their ice time and other teams are giving them a lot more attention.

Tanev, the Canucks will not be able to afford him next contract and most teams already know that, they can't pay him 6+ mil with the kids needing raises and protection from the expansion draft. So does he go? Will he refuse to play in TO or Montreal for 7 mil?

This playoff push is one year too early, take the draft pick, sign Tryamkin, trade Tanev at the TDL for draft pick this year, trade Markstrom for something,

Get 7 or 8 players 20 to 25 as a core with 6 skill players.

Dude we get it. All of us.

Probably better for you to stay home and turn that TV off. That way you’re sure nothing is going to happen.

Edited by Me_
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

3 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

needing 62 to 66 points

Well, there are 108pts still up for grabs.

If they need 66pts, they need to win 33 games.

Edited by Me_

17 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

No, when Loui retires his cap hit goes poof.  He was under 35 when he signed with us.  That cap only stays for guys who were 35 or older.  Our young core guys are elite, and we have a prospect pool coming along that will support our young elite core, and at ELC dollars.  We are set for a decade of being a top team.  And it's all thanks to JB.  (I didn't see this coming, but I'm glad it did.)

1 hour ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

I for one agree with your post don’t listen to those who are being rude or trying to be funny I guess? Lol

I guess these days having an opinion and a large attention span frightens people in this instant gratification society we’ve become.

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

If Eriksson retires the cap hit is gone. <35 contract. 

• Upvote 1