The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) TB - VAN

12 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

ill make whtever thread i want miss, u dont have to reply, mind ur own shyyt

@48MPHSlapShot is a miss :shock:

that 48 mph slap shot is even more impressive...

I think the op was just laying out a trade option for Brock and the op values point more... He wanted to see which other players would posters mention instead of point, for me it's mantha or Domi( but we could trade Brock at the draft and sign Domi for less then Brock's next raise, pipe dream ha Domi could be our Hossa) 

• Upvote 1

I will say this, as I have been trying to make this point for 6 years...……….

I will trade any player, if it makes our team better....including Petey, Quinn and Brock etc.

But it has to be a good trade, where what is coming in is as good or better than what is going out

I still have difficulty with us not choosing to trade the Sedin's later in their career…

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

It's business.......

Yes, but it is also a perception business. Trading players who are going through a rough time, and yet still able to produce almost a point a game, is not likely to win you any bonus points with other players.

Setting that all aside why trade him?

The guy is producing at a high rate, on a good contract, and is likely to get better as he ages. Point a game or better players are still rare in this league and at his money even rarer.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, gurn said:

Yes, but it is also a perception business. Trading players who are going through a rough time, and yet still able to produce almost a point a game, is not likely to win you any bonus points with other players.

Setting that all aside why trade him?

The guy is producing at a high rate, on a good contract, and is likely to get better as he ages. Point a game or better players are still rare in this league and at his money even rarer.

I think if you read over my posts you'll see why trade him.

i think someone like Domi or mantha would be a better fit with Petey. 

Getting better with age I don't know about that.....a lot of players lose a step and that's some Brock can't afford to do. 

Also I said I would trade him say we can sign Domi for under Brock's  next contract offer  or for mantha or in my mind an upgraded top six player or say if the hockey gods give third overall and we draft holtz....lots of reasons to trade Brock 

7 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

a lot of players lose a step and that's some Brock can't afford to do.

He's 22 not 32.

13 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

say we can sign Domi for under Brock's  next contract offer

say we can't sign him to what Brock is currently signed for?

14 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

or say if the hockey gods give third overall and we draft holtz..

Say alien space bats come down and give me super powers. Will I choose to fight evil or merely try out for a hockey team?

19 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I think if you read over my posts you'll see why trade him.

i think someone like Domi or mantha would be a better fit with Petey. 

Getting better with age I don't know about that.....a lot of players lose a step and that's some Brock can't afford to do. 

Also I said I would trade him say we can sign Domi for under Brock's  next contract offer  or for mantha or in my mind an upgraded top six player or say if the hockey gods give third overall and we draft holtz....lots of reasons to trade Brock 

I doubt Montreal would have any interest in a Boeser/Domi swap.  Domi has flourished in Montreal and seems to be far more effective as a C than on the wing.   

Boeser wouldn’t supplant Gallagher as the top line RW, so Domi fills a much bigger need than Boeser would.