The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Oilers, November 30, 2019 -- B2B Part 1 Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

I hate Alberta teams!

We're playing in their barn, a barn filled with yokels,hillbillies,rednecks and sheeples. Get er done!

I was pissed with our first visit there by not sending them a message, Get er done!

Greener had better have this team flying in the first showing em who's boss. Get er done!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I can't recall the last time I've ever seen two players carry a team on their backs so much before. McDavid and Draisaitl are truly an amazing combo.

That said, a few of their complementary pieces shouldn't be underestimated either. Klefbom and Nugent-Hopkins don't often get their due and Oilers goaltending is pretty good right now too.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in practice today:

Virtanen-Pettersson-Boeser

Miller-Horvat-Eriksson/Goldobin
Pearson-Gaudette-Leivo
Schaller-Graovac-MacEwen

Edler-Tanev
Hughes-Myers
Benn-Stecher
Fantenberg

I sure hope Green doesn't blend his lines again... starting to think that has at least something to do with their struggles defensively last game.  Against 97 and 29 they'd get torched if we played like we did.

On that note, sure hope Beagle and Sutter can play tomorrow, would be great to have more guys to neutralize those two.  I'd even be fine with mid-game maneuvering of Miller to take draws if any particular line is suffering in them against the big line.

1 hour ago, 6string said:

I hate Alberta teams!

We're playing in their barn, a barn filled with yokels,hillbillies,rednecks and sheeples. Get er done!

I was pissed with our first visit there by not sending them a message, Get er done!

Greener had better have this team flying in the first showing em who's boss. Get er done!

hmmm...I'm as fond of 'yokels" as you are but your use of "get er done" is straight out of the redneck lexicon, unless your using it as some kind of satire then....OK. And so you know Edmontonians are not the same grade of yokel as Calgarians, they're a much more refined uptown kind of sheeple. For example wear your Canucks jersey in Edmonton the worst might happen is a dirty look. In Calgary most likely a beer bottle over your head. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1