The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Oilers, November 30, 2019 -- B2B Part 1 Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

So many idiots here just don't understand a critical perspective on a shared source of enjoyment. I hope every one of them blocks me. For those who haven't, I think we both know where I'm coming from. Here's a nugget, and it's only meant for thoughtful consideration, which would preclude several folks here from caring or, indeed, understanding.

"Religion evolved to help our ancestors cope with anxiety and insecurity. Supernatural belief is in decline everywhere that ordinary people enjoy a decent standard of living and are secure in their health and finances. The market for formal religion is also being squeezed by modern substitutes such as sports and entertainment. Even Facebook is killing religion because it provides answers for peculiarly modern narcissistic anxieties for which religion has no answer."

I would submit that the last line describing Facebook's appeal for massaging "modern narcissistic anxieties" also applies with startling accuracy to some of CDC's behaviour. Echo chamber, no doubt.

Anyway. Go Canucks. I still think they lose tonight, but would be ecstatic if proven wrong. 

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 6

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I predict McDavid asks for trade to Toronto and Matthews is traded to Arizona by 2022.

What American wants to play in Canada and who wants to live in Edmonton.

Looking for a punchline here, but..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Nope, didn't find one.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Disgruntler said:

So many idiots here just don't understand a critical perspective on a shared source of enjoyment. I hope every one of them blocks me. For those who haven't, I think we both know where I'm coming from. Here's a nugget, and it's only meant for thoughtful consideration, which would preclude several folks here from caring or, indeed, understanding.

"Religion evolved to help our ancestors cope with anxiety and insecurity. Supernatural belief is in decline everywhere that ordinary people enjoy a decent standard of living and are secure in their health and finances. The market for formal religion is also being squeezed by modern substitutes such as sports and entertainment. Even Facebook is killing religion because it provides answers for peculiarly modern narcissistic anxieties for which religion has no answer."

I would submit that the last line describing Facebook's appeal for massaging "modern narcissistic anxieties" also applies with startling accuracy to some of CDC's behaviour. Echo chamber, no doubt.

Anyway. Go Canucks. I still think they lose tonight, but would be ecstatic if proven wrong. 

Get off your high horse. You're not being targeted for not liking the Canucks chances tonight. There are plenty of people in every GDT that can make reasonable, critical, negative predictions and not get chased away. They can do it because they are not being deliberately inflamitory and are not suggesting our Captain wants out. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, xereau said:

This is how the team needs to come flying out of the gates:

giphy.gif

4 pots of coffee? :lol:

Thhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......Ullllllitimate.......WAAAAAAARRRRRIIIIIIIIORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I was watching some 80's clips on youtube. So bad it was entertaining. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Disgruntler said:

Image result for Drama Queen

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Disgruntler said:

Not a history major, I'm assuming? You have heard of the Olympics and gladiator games?  The Coliseum ring a bell?  Worshipping sports isn't exactly a modern invention.

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Disgruntler said:

Hardly. Criticism is fine when done logically. But Your original claim about Bo requesting a trade is flat out ridiculous to the point of a lame troll attempt. And your way of backing it up after we call you out is by calling us idiots?? Right...

27 minutes ago, Disgruntler said:

8C8FC14E-C055-4023-8EA9-0BE9C26F8E3B.jpeg.47a47a84df3bed896774ebefe5b12a5a.jpeg

Wtf is this guy talking bout.

• Upvote 1