The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Devils listening to offers on Taylor Hall

40 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He’s 28 and prone to injury due to his playing style. He’ll also be looking for a big payday. The Canucks need to focus on their future core. 

the cost is just way too high. Let them trade for little jonny from Calgary and stick cowtown with the massive cap killing payday Hall will demand. I also don't think Hall fits the Canucks group at all in the character department. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Gotta think there is something there between the Devils and Flames. Johnny Hockey a Jersey kid, Hall a Calgary kid. Both teams struggling to some degree.

plus it completes the whole "lets be the old Oilers" thing Calgary is doing. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Gotta imagine a 1st rounder is a must have in a Hall deal. Unless you do a 1 for 1. Which for us would be like Horvat (just named captain, not happening), Boeser (even then not likely), or Hughes. I doubt they'll take the proverbial Raymond, Ballard and a 2nd. 

Sutter, Juolevi and a 2nd is not getting it done CDC, so before you think about it just no. Given this thread is 3 pages long I imagine someone has suggested something along those lines already.

Edit: Well, looks like someone went the other way with a gross overpayment. Lol. Also keep in kind the dude has hit a point per game in one season in his career. Excluding the lockout shortened season and last season where he only played like 37 games. He also has only hit 30 goals once in his career. He won't be worth what he is asking for and we have enough injury risks. We turned a perennial 80 game player into an injury prone guy. Can't imagine an already injury prone guy coming in will help.

Edited by N7Nucks
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Darius said:

If they Canucks were even thinking of pulling off a big move like this I would prefer that they spend the assets on a legit offensively minded top 4 d man.  Someone besides QH that can rush the puck and generate points from the blue line.  A guy that can play on a different pairing than QH and transition the puck and or generate rushes would do wonders for the top 6.

tumblr_plcsxugzzs1slz4ogo3_500.gif

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Why not wait until the end of the year and take your chances in freeagency instead of giving up assets to NJ ? Either way Hall is getting paid (taking up a large cap space)

Extensions are generally cheaper (in terms of cap dollars which is very important in today's NHL), and whoever acquires him gets the benefit of his services this season as well as the future. We are in the age where most big names don't get moved without extensions in place. So there are benefits to acquiring him now via trade opposed to rolling the dice in the offseason where potentially 30 other teams are calling and some may have more money to throw at him.

10 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Extensions are generally cheaper (in terms of cap dollars which is very important in today's NHL), and whoever acquires him gets the benefit of his services this season as well as the future. We are in the age where most big names don't get moved without extensions in place. So there are benefits to acquiring him now via trade opposed to rolling the dice in the offseason where potentially 30 other teams are calling and some may have more money to throw at him.

Good points but if I was GM, I wouldn't do it  because he can still walk (chances might be slim or not) and why give NJ any asset(s).  Also, there is probably a good reason why NJ is shopping him now rather than losing him.....

Edited by ShawnAntoski