The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Devils listening to offers on Taylor Hall

To my earlier comment about what Hall brings to a dressing room.  I had a really good chat to direct family of someone who is presently on that team who had some things to say about Taylors attitude when he was a member of the organization.  Entitled, poor attitude, borderline cancerous to other players morale. I understand this is second hand information, but if its the case, then I'm happy with what we have now and have no problem waiting for our boys to mature and put up records themselves.  Taylor most likely has grown up, and if so, than sure he would be a terrific asset, but I'm a little leary that hes already potentially leaving a new jersey team, thats on its way out of rebuild mode.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Type R said:

To my earlier comment about what Hall brings to a dressing room.  I had a really good chat to direct family of someone who is presently on that team who had some things to say about Taylors attitude when he was a member of the organization.  Entitled, poor attitude, borderline cancerous to other players morale. I understand this is second hand information, but if its the case, then I'm happy with what we have now and have no problem waiting for our boys to mature and put up records themselves.  Taylor most likely has grown up, and if so, than sure he would be a terrific asset, but I'm a little leary that hes already potentially leaving a new jersey team, thats on its way out of rebuild mode.

The league has gotten to the point where guys get paid for putting up points, even if they don't do anything else of value.  Hall is a one way guy, who cares about his points and his contract dollars than he does winning games.  It takes a commitment to playing the game the right way, and giving up some offensive stats, to win.  It sure sounds like Hall will never do that.   

On 12/1/2019 at 4:40 AM, Standing_Tall#37 said:

There was talk that he was bullying Mcdavid in his rookie year in the dressing room. In addition he was rumoured to say things like the oilers were his team and not that F%*#!n kid’s team.

source???

i see mll has provided one

where is yours ?

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, mll said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/taylor-hall-trade-shocked-connor-mcdavid/c-281089500

"It's definitely a shock," McDavid told the Edmonton Sun. "… Change is exciting, but at the same time it's upsetting to see a teammate, a dear friend and my roommate go. It's a little bit of a different feeling right now."

[...]

"I want to express thanks for all that he's done for me because he's done so much," McDavid, 19, said of 24-year-old Hall. "I'll never really know how I can repay him, or if I'll ever be able to, for what he's done for me this year.

"He's a guy who took me under his wing right away. It's hard to explain how much that means to me."

Good post.  Hall didn't want go either and was also shocked when he got traded .... these posts suggesting he's bad for morale and a cancer in the dressing room are ridiculous.  I don't want him on our team due to the cap hit more then the cost to acquire him.  That said if the cost was BB, a second and he signed for 9 x 8 (in other words low enough) it wouldn't be the worst trade in the world.

• Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I wouldn’t do Pod for Hall straight up. Besides there’s this thing called cap space and we don’t have much of it.

I'd do that for sure - but not for what he's getting paid..no thx.  Stone and Panarin...won't get less than them..

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

And I'd FAR rather have had Stone or Panarin

The only thing that bothers me about Hall is injuries.  Aside from that he's elite when he plays - and is one of a few wingers in the league that drives play (Panarin is another).   There is no denying he's a great player because he is - all this "he said that he did that" in EDM is total hogwash.  He's a team player and like all elite players has wanting to win in his DNA.    The NJ trade is already becoming one of the more lopsided ones in history - and absolutely in recent memory.   He loved playing in EDM (only a true player would love that) and didn't want to go, took McDavid under his wing and felt he's paid his dues and things were finally turning around  and BOOM off to NJ.  Stones a great player - but he's not elite.  I'm sure Halls prime time and swan song days won't be so terrible and would love to have him - but not for more then Stone.  

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, IBatch said:

The only thing that boall thers me about His injuries.  Aside from that he's elite when he plays - and is one of a few wingers in the league that drives play (Panarin is another).   There is no denying he's a great player because he is - all this "he said that he did that" in EDM is total hogwash.  He's a team player and like all elite players has wanting to win in his DNA.    The NJ trade is already becoming one of the more lopsided ones in history - and absolutely in recent memory.   He loved playing in EDM (only a true player would love that) and didn't want to go, took McDavid under his wing and felt he's paid his dues and things were finally turning around  and BOOM off to NJ.  Stones a great player - but he's not elite.  I'm sure Halls prime time and swan song days won't be so terrible and would love to have him - but not for more then Stone.  

I remember 'know nothing' Don Cherry talking about Hall's style of play that leant itself to injuries. To many high risk plays. This was while in Edmonton so I don't know whether he has changed since in NJ. 

I would've paid a bigger contract (not the one he did get) for Panarin. Hall isn't at that level for me. So depending on how much he's willing to be extended at (I personally wouldn't pay him more than 8.5 a year), I don't think he would be worth the assets and cost to sign.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I would've paid a bigger contract (not the one he did get) for Panarin. Hall isn't at that level for me. So depending on how much he's willing to be extended at (I personally wouldn't pay him more than 8.5 a year), I don't think he would be worth the assets and cost to sign.

Exactly.  Hall is not the kind of player that is worth the salary he will command.